Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Who wins the battle?

3%
N/A
6%
3%
16%
6%
N/A
13%
N/A
6%
10%
N/A
3%
6%
3%
3%
N/A
6%
N/A
N/A
N/A
3%
10%
By sirparksalot Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:32 pm
crossings wrote:voting ends tomorrow and there are still less votes than participants...

this section is being heavily slept on by most forum members. :?

Definitely....I don't understand why. I think it's really fun to see how everyone flips the same sample totally different and sharing ideas. I dunno.
By jibber Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:49 pm
I agree, it looks like the only people voting are the participants... :D
But hey, i'd say give it some time, maybe it'll get better.

Thanks for all the mentions by the way, really appreciated! :D

I still can't decide... i'll vote but i need more time... :mrgreen:
By CHOPFYT Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:18 pm
sirparksalot wrote:
crossings wrote:voting ends tomorrow and there are still less votes than participants...

this section is being heavily slept on by most forum members. :?

Definitely....I don't understand why. I think it's really fun to see how everyone flips the same sample totally different and sharing ideas. I dunno.

thats because most members dont make beats anymore they just talk about makin beats :twisted:

i voted manic after a once through, the drums were great and the beat had a lot of variations but ran smoothly.

ill green and leland were close 2nd/3rd for me. Loads of potential and inspiration across the board.

thanks for all comments and vote(s) aimed my way
By peeping tom Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:36 pm
spewing i missed this.bucks night followed by wedding, im still in recovery :o
By iB-BOY! Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:29 pm
My vote goes to Jibber951

Simple, mellow, good presence of the drums, overall a nice vibe.

The drums made the difference for me, but i have to say that i've listened on my crappy Samsung laptop speakers.
By jibber Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:14 pm
Thanks so much for the votes! I didn't think anybody would really dig my beat because it's kinda simple, but hey, sometimes simple does the trick! Thanks a lot guys! :)

Ok, so for my detailed review...

citylabproductions: Really nice vibe there, i especially liked how the drums sound, they have a lot of "texture" somehow... the little details with the snare caught my ear.

sasquash: I liked how you did the composition of this beat. The chops weren't so much my cup of tea, but you really have a nice harmonic track with this beat.

Leland Chapman: This must really be the weirdest flip, but in a good way! Like somebody commented on soundcloud, i really enjoyed listening to this "collage". Crazy creativity! :mrgreen:

-niN/DiggerT.Roque: I was picturing an old jazz bar while listening to this joint. A dark but warm atmosphere, smoke filled air, listening to chilled out jazzy vibes. Maybe it's how you lowpassed it together with the subtle piano in the background... Very nice work!

crossings: As i said in my 2nd post in this thread... I really like how you flipped this! The intro, the piano hits that make everything silent and come back again, the little details, the classic sound effects (bells, piano high notes, etc)... I don't know, but i feel like there was some work put into the composition, drums are real nice too. I think there are other beats which hit harder or are mixed better (not that this was a bad mix, far from it... just a more conservative approach, which i like as well)... this beat simply has "classic" written all over it and i love it! 8)

Central Parks: Smooth like butter, very smooth and professional sounding mix!

ILL GREEN: Amazing drum programming to my ears. The vibe you created with the chops wasn't exactly my cup of tea, but very well composed. You do some ill things with the 500 man, props!

Chaotic Times: Very dreamy vibe, which i like! The drums matched the whole "slopy" feeling of the beat. Very smooth bassline too! Definitely one of my favorite beats from this battle. :!:

Verysickbeats: I like the piano parts a lot and the "stuttering" effect you have going on sounds real nice too. The bass is funky yo! 8)

BrigadeHipHop: This sounds so dope and oldschool (much like es-k pointed out in his comments)! As i've said before one time, you're really going places with your beats lately... damn! One of my favorite beats i've heard from you! :wink:

Francaria Productions: I think this would pass at any club and make the right people dance. Very catchy groove!

Leptic P: Very well done beat as well in my opinion. It wasn't exactly my mood, but you really gave it character with that bassloop... nice work!

Borat: Same as crossings and BrigadeHipHop... this sounds real oldschool to me, i think i can definitely hear the influence of all the oldschool music and records you've heard in your life, keep it up man, props! Very nice drums by the way! :!: :D

Opin Draconis: The percussion in this beat sounded very alive and clear, all the synth noise too... the panning effect in the beginning was a little irritating for me, but overall it's an amazing composition of sounds and really beautiful. Very nice work!

KLCProductions: I can see how you were bangin' your head when you were rocking those chops man, sounds like an awesome beat to just kepp jamming onthe mpc... this is the beat i'd title "banger" out of all the entries, keep rocking those pads! 8)

resinnate: I really liked the sound of the bass here. The kind of character it has like its pushing air with every note, the way it sounds like the speaker is vibrating, kinda hard to describe, but i guess you know what i mean... :D

manicbeats123: This just sounds so professional dude, like some cafe del mar stuff or something... not exactly the most listened music in my collection, but this is damn good man... only thing missing is a chilled beach party, somewhere exotic, nice and warm... :mrgreen:

saxmob: As ILL GREEN said in his comment, the intro part could have been a beat by itself... it was actually the part that caught my attention the most, there's something really nice about how you chopped it up there. Overall surely a dope beat, but i would have liked more of the intro! :D

Der Simi: Love the vibe here, typical "feel good" beat to my ears and some very nice sounds... maybe it could have been a little more smooth with the chops (they are awesome tho, as i said, some nice sounds!), but very nice overall, i love the parts when the drums start or come back again.

Big Chested Girls: I've read in one of the comments that this is the first beat you've ever completed. You got a nice vibe going there man, don't be too hard on yourself and keep going, this was not bad at all! Drums sounded very nice by the way. :wink:

shank carvin: The whole vibe and beginning of the beat is awesome man! Very spacy and dreamy vibe with hard hitting drums... the parts where the spanish guitar was more dominant threw me off the "space vibe" a little, but still damn good! Very chilled and lets your mind travel... now where's my spaceship... :mrgreen:

Es-K: Pretty much the same as with shank and manicbeats, this has a nice and chilled atmosphere that makes you travel with your mind and takes you away for a minute or two. I really liked all the little breaks and switch ups, very well done... quality stuff as usual i guess... :wink:

And finally... my vote goes to crossings.
I listened to the beats a lot while doing other stuff on the computer, and this one caught my ear every time... the intro always gets me listening... like something really magical is going to happen, and then those classic drums drop and it all forms into this classic loop with all the bells and whistles... it was hard not to want to vote for all the other beats too, but yeah... props to crossings!! 8)

PS: I really think all the participants in this battle did a great job, there was not one beat i didn't like listening to and many of them were hot as fire! In my opinion this was easily the best battle yet! :!:
Too bad not all tracks are available for download, would have made a nice little compilation.
By -niN Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:01 pm
Chaos wrote:sounds like you drowned your sample in honey!

:lol: I think Iknow what you mean.. thanks for the honnest feedback man!

also Opin: highley apreciate ur feedback as well. You listend real close.. what more can a beatmaker want :mrgreen:

Thank you all for ur feedback.

This beatbattle was truley awsome
By Tee Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:16 pm
Some seriously great beats in this round!
I'm sad to say I've had no time for my MPC these past two battles...

But I am at least going to participate in the voting.

My vote goes to Jibber951 this time. I love the chillout vibe in your beat. Nicely chopped sample and great drums!
By Chaos Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:36 am
Another close battle! I'm gonna have to work harder to try and get a vote next time. :cry:

Congrats Central Parks on another well deserved win. Now you got to top that Jeremy Lubbock sample you gave last time. :mrgreen:
By crossings Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:27 pm
congrats to central parks on another win!

i had a good time participating in this battle and finally got around to opening a soundcloud account... i'm just waiting to see what the next sample is gonna be to see if i can take a stab at it or not...
By sirparksalot Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:14 pm
Chaos wrote:Another close battle! I'm gonna have to work harder to try and get a vote next time. :cry:

Congrats Central Parks on another well deserved win. Now you got to top that Jeremy Lubbock sample you gave last time. :mrgreen:

Thanks guys. Yes....I was gonna go hit the record sales today, but I decided to spend the day digging around for the sample to post up....should be up tonight, if not will post it tomorrow morning!
By KLCProductions Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:50 pm
jibber wrote:
KLCProductions: I can see how you were bangin' your head when you were rocking those chops man, sounds like an awesome beat to just kepp jamming onthe mpc... this is the beat i'd title "banger" out of all the entries, keep rocking those pads! 8)

THX Jibber!