Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Who wins the battle?

3%
N/A
6%
3%
16%
6%
N/A
13%
N/A
6%
10%
N/A
3%
6%
3%
3%
N/A
6%
N/A
N/A
N/A
3%
10%
By es-k Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:15 pm
Chaos wrote:
2 Es-K - if you cooked this up in a few hours, many props! :lol: nice stuff, i like the high frequency diving sounds and the voice sample at 1:15 in. drums sounded a little mushy (effects?)

yessir like 2 hours- but yea wish i had turned the bass down a bit, woulda made the drums stand out more... the kick is kinda muffled/overpowered
By -niN Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:38 pm
Now listenin'

Citylabproductions: Nice

Good mix Jibber. That Kicks a lil rough, but I like it 8)

sasquash is my favourite, so far..

Leland, man that is NOISEY! But I'm lovin the actall Beat man! .. nice lil collage. dope.

-niN: overdoing that Bass a lil... wait.. F*ck.. that's mine :lol: :arrow: :|

crossings: drums are Knockin!

Central Parks, got my head swingin like a seesaw :mrgreen: .. 'nother favourite! .. Nice man, puts a smile on my face :)

ILL GREEN: nice and nasty! def. digging it!

ChaoticTimes: Great Bassline! like it!

Verysickbeats: liking it more and more as it progresses! (you playin that Bass?? by hand?) ... wow

Brigade!: straight headnoding material right there! love that SNARE!

Francaria: :lol: Nice man! bring that funky stuff! well done!

LepticP: Yes! this is not easy...

Borat: Shiiiii.. dope as well!

Opin: What the.. :shock: crazy vibe! man.. You killed that sample.. litrally :lol:

KLC: Really like the Beat.. Just that voice sayin KLC all the time puts me off :| Still a banger!

resinnate: Nice how you used them chimes in the start. Chill vibe to it too.

manicbeats123: This is some real chillout stuff! very well done. at 2:05 uuh! yes.

saxmob: nice and easy..

DerSimi: Nice one! Great sounding Bass in that track. I also like that ..bridge part. the whole song reminds me of the golden years of hiphop (in germany :mrgreen: ).
reminising faktor makes it another favourite.

Big Chested Girls: I like 'em :wink: Track is allright.. a lil stale to be honnest..

shank carvin: Like the drums.

Es-K: Lovin those swingin drums! good one.

My top 11: sasquash, Leland, centralparks, ILL GREEN, chaotic times, verysickbeats, Brigade, Opin, ManicBeats123, DerSimi, Es-K

whole lot of dope beats.. This is tough!
Gonna give those 11 another listen, and see from there.
By Borat Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:43 pm
A lot of good beats again, it's hard to choose!
My favorites:
-Central parks, I like the chops, really smooth beat
-Verysickbeats, really smooth too, the ending with the strings is great!
-BrigadeHiphop, great drums
-KLC, dope chops and overall feel, I think it's my favorite here
-Manicbeats, smooth beat and that voice sample is nice

My vote goes to KLC!
By KLCProductions Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:04 pm
-niN wrote:
KLC: Really like the Beat.. Just that voice sayin KLC all the time puts me off :| Still a banger!

Yeah i know, but i'm always gonna use tags...
By -niN Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:07 pm
fairnuff :lol:
By Prah_860_ Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:16 pm
KLCProductions wrote:
-niN wrote:

Yeah i know, but i'm always gonna use tags...

I hope you that boy Craig Lawson or you need to leave those tags alone.... :lol: :lol: ..seriously
By sasquash Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:29 pm
Thanks to Nin and Chaos for all thoses constructives comments! i don't have the time to do the same but here my little contribution...

Such i love 90's flavour , my vote goes to CENTRAL PARKS, well done Fam!

I would like to give my opinion to the Producers who have touch my sensitivity :

jibber951 : smoothy ambiance
verysickbeat: Ill Beat drums!
Brigade: 90's touch but i would like to see more variations... same problem like me, cool Bro!
Manic Beat: Big work on the beat drums and chop ... I hesitate a lot before to choose my winner but after it's the feelin who talk, props Bro too!

A big shout out to all the producer for the work it will be great to participate at this battle!
Peace yo!
By AntonPD Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:44 pm
i listened to all of them
im not voting
they were ALL good.. deciding which is best will take hours
By IMNICE Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:07 pm
They were all tight. I like Leland for the win though...Peace
By B.A. Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:57 am
A lot of good beats on this one! I'm in the middle of moving so I wasn't able to get down this time and with the lab getting completely dismantled I may not be able to get down on the next one either but I'm still voting and will get back to battling as soon as I'm up and running again. My vote this time went to BrigadeHipHop, it was hard to choose but I prefered the feel of this one. Keep up the great work guys, a lot of people contributed and it's good to see some new names in there too; with a little luck I'll be able to get in again next battle.
By crossings Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:56 am
so many great submissions here... i had a real hard time choosing one, but my vote went to jibber. yeah, i'm a sucker for those ol school beats like that. 8)

...but i also went ahead and left comments on every beat submitted.

a couple people mentioned liking the drums on my track... i sequenced everything on the MPC1000, but i resampled the drums with my SP-303. the break is just the classic skull snaps drums, but i layered the kick and snare. that lil bit of scratching towards the end was just because i've been teaching myself to scratch this month and i just wanted to throw those 8 bars of live scratching into my beat... there is also a hidden bassline in my beat that can only be heard with a subwoofer... most headphones won't pick it up. :mrgreen:

props to everyone involved... it's nice to see a few different participants in this one... a lot of times it's just the usual forum suspects. :lol:
By OpinDraconis Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:27 pm
Wow guys, thank you for the mentions, really does me good.

Now for the beats, most of you really give the beat an MPC sound, which is obvious, this is a MPC-Forum, what I mean is, the old school sound, the warm feeling of pure hip-hop, I really like that.

My vote went to Leland Chapman, its not because its weird, I just really like how the beat makes me feel, the moment the bass kicks start, just a great vibe, with some funny vocals on it.
That part where the Madlib a-like scratches come in and the beat just totally changes, great drums everything, just love how the beat is evolving.

Jibber951 also did a great job on the mix, "Last Minute Shot", the title, it just describes the beat its emotion.

Sasquash just gave the beat that "MPC" touch, the cuts, the swing in the drums with a nice warm mix.

niN/DiggerT.Roque, its a very subtile beat, minimal, but if you listen closely you will hear so much more then there is to it, great work out, nice kicks.

Central Parks same as Sasquash in my opinion, both did a good job.

Chaotic Times, again like the title describes, "Chillin' With Earl", not that I know an Earl.. but it gets me chilled!

Verysickbeats, love this beat, second best of the competition in my opinion, great drums and the sample just breathes with it so lovely, just needs MF DOOM on it and you have an awesome collab.

Borat, cool beat, 16 level works out fine, love the bells in the background, good one.

manicbeats123, those drums, goddamn!

Es-K, last but not least, great mix, its clear, the beat changes when you're ears are requesting for something else, just in the right moment.
The bassline is very great, nice low stuff.

I only mentioned the beats that really caught my ear, it's nothing personal, pure taste.

Peace!
By crossings Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:19 pm
voting ends tomorrow and there are still less votes than participants...

this section is being heavily slept on by most forum members. :?
By OriginalProducer Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:31 pm
the four i like the most:
-Ill Green
-Borat
-Jibber
-chaotic times
but all beats are killing just not have enough time to detail
my vote goes to borat especially for the cymbal :mrgreen:
Last edited by OriginalProducer on Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.