Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By sirparksalot Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:56 pm
* Flip this sample to create your beat
* Join the MPC-Forums.com Beat Battle group at Soundcloud
* 1 beat only please.
* Monitor the voting thread for the battle you entered - please do not vote for yourself
* If you win, I will set up temporary permissions so you can start the next battle.

Posting rules

* We're going to try things a little differently for this battle, let's see how it works out. To submit your entry, please:

1) Join the MPC-Forums.com Beat Battles Group: http://soundcloud.com/groups/mpc-forums ... t-battles/
2) Upload the beat to your own soundcloud page - please make it downloadable
3) Make sure it includes the battle number in the title - i.e. BB#6. If it doesn't we might think it's a random spam beat and delete it
4) Share the beat with the forum group via the 'share to group' button

We'll keep all beats hidden until the first day of voting, then all beats will be made live on the forum soundcloud page.

* Currently, you do NOT need to use an MPC in your beat - however in the future, we will definitely be running special battles that will have an MPC requirement. But generally speaking, Battles are open to everyone.

Production rules

These are the default rules for any battle - however, the person who starts a battle can override pretty much any rule.

* 1 beat per person
* TIME LIMIT: Since you guys are uploading to your own accounts, there is no way for the battle to run over soundclouds 120 minute account limit. So make them as long as you want. Although, you should at least try to keep them to the limit of a standard song (2:30-4:00). *REMEMBER: It's your job as the beat maker to get the listeners attention to want to listen immediately. If you make it too boring, people will skip it!
* flip the chosen sample however you want
* Outside drums and bass ARE allowed
* Outside samples/synths ARE allowed for layering, but pleased do not make it so the sample is out-shined. The object is to hear how you flipped the sample. So keep that as the main focus of your beat.
* no acapellas
* short vocal samples allowed
* cuts/scratches allowed

Battle Timetable

Deadline for entries is May 1st at 6PM EST.
Voting Ends/winner announced:May 5th 6pm EST.

Same rules as usual guys. Now, as for the sample, it's a little strange and will probably be tougher to flip, but I think there are some pretty sick parts in it, and that bass line opens up nice I thought. I wanted to do something a little different than we've already done so far. Anyways, hope you enjoy it, there are some possibilities for some of you to make some really disturbing flips with those vocals :D

Link: https://rapidshare.com/files/2146802283 ... _Magic.wav

Sample info:

"Sister Magic" from Inviron's 1981 album.
By crossings Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:22 pm
man, sounds like those guys REALLY wanted that song to be on Pink Floyd's "The Wall"... didn't they?? :lol:

i'll have to see what i can do with this later...
By sirparksalot Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:32 am
Borat wrote:Seems hard to flip this sample but I'll try to do something!

I think I heard the bassline and just jumped at it...hope I didn't kill this battle from the get go...maybe this will be the "best beat from shitty sample edition" :lol:
By IMNICE Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:14 pm
I just chopped it,now let's see if I can flip this
By sirparksalot Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:10 pm
Haha nice!!!! Glad to see people starting to enter. I might make a beat just for fun/my own enjoyment, I have an idea for how to flip it and want to see if it works.
By peeping tom Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:32 am
got one but its rough as, was hard to flip this for me and get good variation but i ended up passing it thru my guitar pedal after chopping it to make it different :P

might try again tonight!!
By crossings Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:36 am
IMNICE... you're not supposed to post the beat here... you gotta send it to the soundcloud group so that no one hears it until voting time... instructions are in the first post... :mrgreen: