Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By es-k Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:11 am
that probably means your audio from your computer is peaking (way to loud) so soundcloud is compressing/limitting the audio (making it sound quieter, because you're peaking/clipping)

one of the first steps to making clear LOUD mixes is making sure nothing is too loud to begin with 8)
By Toothflesh Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:49 pm
es-k wrote:that probably means your audio from your computer is peaking (way to loud) so soundcloud is compressing/limitting the audio (making it sound quieter, because you're peaking/clipping)

one of the first steps to making clear LOUD mixes is making sure nothing is too loud to begin with 8)

thanks es-k, gonna try to fix it before deadline
By lelandchapman1 Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:05 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Thanks for all the submissions so far - let's see if we can get more than 30 this time!

I have been trying to get a few of my producer friends to join in on the fun.
By CHOPFYT Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:08 pm
what the f*ck is this song about?

oddball wrote:she was 15 and fat / and so shy / what a bad trick / sister took me home and she turned out to as a guy

:shock:
By CHOPFYT Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:12 pm
:oops:

lelandchapman1 wrote:
sirparksalot wrote:
peeping tom wrote:haha that song is creepy mang, some straight up Tasmanian foolery going on there!

:lol: Yeah, I heard that bass line and it caught my ear, then i noticed dude was talking about his sister and just started laughing

This song is not about his sister. Its about a boy he thought was a women.
"she was 15 and fair and so shy" "took me home and turned out a guy"
"how could you treat me so wrong" "I thought for a women you where to strong"
LOL!
really... listen to the lyrics.

back to the beat...
By crossings Tue May 01, 2012 12:11 am
not to be a party pooper, but 30 different submissions is a helluva a lot to listen to though... that many entries makes voting a bit of a pain too... i think i'm just gonna sit this one out... i couldn't come up with much of anything worth submitting anyway. :oops:
By CHOPFYT Tue May 01, 2012 6:09 am
crossings wrote:i couldn't come up with much of anything worth submitting anyway. :oops:

yeah me too...be interesting to the beats.
By es-k Tue May 01, 2012 12:25 pm
crossings wrote:not to be a party pooper, but 30 different submissions is a helluva a lot to listen to though... that many entries makes voting a bit of a pain too... i think i'm just gonna sit this one out... i couldn't come up with much of anything worth submitting anyway. :oops:

so far there are 16, and todays the deadline.

also - u can usually tell if i beat is dope within 10 seconds anyways, and if u cant tell.. fast forward... and if u still cant tell, its probably whack.

doesn't take THAT long!
By -niN Tue May 01, 2012 1:55 pm
i usually listen to ALL the beats.. all the way through.. Unless i really don't like it :lol:
Lookin forward to the Battle 8)
By MPC-Tutor Tue May 01, 2012 3:04 pm
crossings wrote:not to be a party pooper, but 30 different submissions is a helluva a lot to listen to though...

I know, but I was definitely wanting to build this fortnightly battle into something quite big, so was hoping each battle would get a few more participants each time. The Stonesthrow battle group seems to get 80-100 beats each time, and they only have 5500 members on their forums compared to our 43,000.

I do appreciate their battles started a few years ago, plus they are are famous label etc, so it's nowhere near like-for-like, but it's nice to have a goal :mrgreen:

TBH, I've not done anywhere near enough to promote this, so I will work on that. I guess in the scheme of things, it's still early days.

Anyway, I'm very happy with the quality of work being submitted, some real gems and hopefully more to come.

Sally made the suggestion that I put some kind of countdown timer at the top of the forum, so that people were always aware of the battle deadline - I think that will also generate some additional attention.

BTW, it would be nice to see some of the loudmouths from off topic/Ren forum join in on the next battle. Less talk, more beats....