Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By IMNICE Tue May 01, 2012 3:24 pm
Sally made the suggestion that I put some kind of countdown timer at the top of the forum, so that people were always aware of the battle deadline - I think that will also generate some additional attention.

Good idea... I almost missed the deadline but here's what I did...
http://soundcloud.com/evintage/bb-6-sisters
By es-k Tue May 01, 2012 5:44 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
crossings wrote:not to be a party pooper, but 30 different submissions is a helluva a lot to listen to though...

I know, but I was definitely wanting to build this fortnightly battle into something quite big, so was hoping each battle would get a few more participants each time. The Stonesthrow battle group seems to get 80-100 beats each time, and they only have 5500 members on their forums compared to our 43,000.

I do appreciate their battles started a few years ago, plus they are are famous label etc, so it's nowhere near like-for-like, but it's nice to have a goal :mrgreen:

TBH, I've not done anywhere near enough to promote this, so I will work on that. I guess in the scheme of things, it's still early days.

Anyway, I'm very happy with the quality of work being submitted, some real gems and hopefully more to come.

Sally made the suggestion that I put some kind of countdown timer at the top of the forum, so that people were always aware of the battle deadline - I think that will also generate some additional attention.

BTW, it would be nice to see some of the loudmouths from off topic/Ren forum join in on the next battle. Less talk, more beats....

hell yea!

also tutor - i was thinking one thing the stones throw message board does thats real nice is making it so you have to post your vote, instead of just a poll. its much easier to "abuse" the poll system than making it so the members have to SAY their vote - this may seem tedious but as tutor said they been doin it for a long time and it works great - only downside is that someone has to count up all the votes at the end. but it def encourages more feedback and interaction (although most people leave comments on soundcloud)