Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Who wins the battle?

4%
N/A
N/A
4%
4%
11%
26%
N/A
4%
N/A
N/A
N/A
4%
11%
15%
7%
11%
By MPC-Tutor Tue May 15, 2012 10:01 pm
MPC-Forums BEAT BATTLE # 007

LISTEN TO THE BEATS

http://soundcloud.com/groups/mpc-forums ... t-battles/

Look out only for the beats with BB#7 in the title

VOTING

All forum members can vote
Just select your favourite beat from the poll
Even if you didn't make a beat you can vote.
Please post comments/critiques in this topic - you are also free to tell us who you voted for

------------------------------------------

Voting ends FRIDAY 18th May 6PM EST

Good luck everybody!
By sirparksalot Tue May 15, 2012 10:16 pm
Just sifted through all the entries.....the quality of everyone elses stuff is great, some really nice flips....you can tell mine was made in a hour and a half lol. I have a list picked out, will re-listen and throw up my final decision/vote
By crossings Tue May 15, 2012 10:21 pm
i hardly recognize any of the names of the contestants... looks like a lot of new members are joining just to participate in these battles.... i'll listen and vote a little later when i have some more time to actually sit down and chill with these beats...
By Tha_Skywalker Wed May 16, 2012 2:00 am
Nice work guys! I was looking forward to see how every one was going to flip this.

Beats I liked were from

El Eddie, Selfinflict, & Paradoxau.

But my two favorites were from VerySickBeats & Shank Carvin's

After listening to both beats a couple times I think Carvin got this one. Those drums are insane! and the nice transitions did it for me.

Nevertheless I'm very impressed with what VerySickBeats did with his flip!

keep up the fire yo!!
By manicbeats Wed May 16, 2012 2:47 am
all the beats were great. favorites were paradoxau, verysickbeats, and central parks.
By sirparksalot Wed May 16, 2012 3:02 am
crossings wrote:i hardly recognize any of the names of the contestants... looks like a lot of new members are joining just to participate in these battles.... i'll listen and vote a little later when i have some more time to actually sit down and chill with these beats...

Agree...lots of dope stuff though!!! This one is gonna be tough for me to decide, all were completely different. Will try to have my vote and comments in by tomorrow night.
By peeping tom Wed May 16, 2012 4:45 am
ill give feedback for all if i can......

Marland - grinding beat, could imagine mf doom all on this.

Leptic - i enjoyed this, nice and grinding aswell (soft spot for slow beats :) horns are **** ace man!

Qodak - nice beat man, liked the club style snare rolls

Skywalker - love the sample (that morgan freeman?) spaceey beat, nice vibes.

Selfinflict - very dope man, eery as hell. drums are gritty as soundin 12 bit!

Shank Carvin - yeh this is on point brah. love the use of break, the eery building vox thing. nice little break. good ish

Don Blake - some very nice layering going on but IMO use of outside sounds is too much, kinda took away from the flip. dope cuts and arangement though - dont get me wrong its a dope joint!

Dersimi - Nice attempt, like the strings but didn't really get into the beat

niN/DiggerT.Roque - yeh right on man. beat is nice, got some cool vibes, drums are nice, turn that bass up yo!

Toothflash - nice attempt aswell, flips ok, if them drums were a bit more looser and the bass line was in key this would be great!

Swing Johnson - yeh enjoyed this, drums are great! cuts was a nice touch, the hook layering was great. yeh good ish!

Steve Riggs - nice joint man, club style track. kicks LARGE!

From a far away place - **** dope man. if only you had some quicker drums / hihat combination. love the sample use (cant really even tell where it is) very much a tribute trck

El Eddie - breaks n samples is noice mang. really diggin the vibe. turn bass up!!

Verysick beats - yeh right on. drums are hard. bass sits well. nice beat homie

Centralparks- dope. its all i gots. mix, sounds, drums, dope.

Went for El Eddie in the end, was between him and cental parks but the use of break and sample got me .

Dope round.
By Toothflesh Wed May 16, 2012 8:18 am
peeping tom wrote:ill give feedback for all if i can......

Toothflash - nice attempt aswell, flips ok, if them drums were a bit more looser and the bass line was in key this would be great!

thanks for the feedback, trying to progress everytime, any tips on getting everything in key?

it was a difficult vote cause in my opinion i didnt hear one beat that really stood out but i'm gonna go for SKYWALKER.
His beat made full use of the sample and it's a dope beat!
By DerSimi Wed May 16, 2012 9:11 am
peeping tom wrote:Dersimi - Nice attempt, like the strings but didn't really get into the beat

:? :cry:....but thanks for listening
By DerSimi Wed May 16, 2012 10:09 am
peeping tom wrote:Dersimi - Nice attempt, like the strings but didn't really get into the beat

what can i do better? :?: :D
By Borat Wed May 16, 2012 12:58 pm
I wasn't really feeling the sample and couldn't find a way to flip it, but there are some very dope beats again!
My favorites: Swing johnson, El Eddie, Central parks, Paradoxau and Selfinflict.
I voted for Paradoxau.
By -niN Wed May 16, 2012 1:47 pm
lots'nlots of dopness again.. helluvahardone to decide.
Eddie got my vote cos I enjoied the story that went with the beat ( that professor dude talking). The beat was also very cool, so .. yah. :)
By jnorth Wed May 16, 2012 2:30 pm
El Eddie got my vote. I loved the beat. I liked the vocal parts especially. I can imagine Task Force ripping this track up
By ArKyve-31 Wed May 16, 2012 2:38 pm
Ones that stuck out the most were Shank Carvins, Sefl Inflict, Swing Johnson, and fromafarfaraway.

but I voted for far aways, it stuck out the most to me. This sample IMO had no true lead part in it and felt like it was hard to make a good solid track out of it.