Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By Bipola Mon May 28, 2012 1:54 pm
peeping tom wrote:
Bipola wrote:Never entered a beat battle on here before but definitely interested in this, I finally got the hang of my 2500 the other day and am really looking forward to flipping that sample. I know a dope track that samples the King Crimson original but I didn't know what the sample was till I heard this cover version just now haha. Doubt I'll come close to winning but should be fun.

If I can get it done before the deadline will definitely give it a go :mrgreen:

Howdy brah :P

Haha tripped out. I probably wouldn't have even gotten into my MPC again if you hadn't mentioned it a few days back so cheers! Went from being unable to put even a simple beat together over the course of months to finally getting the hang of it all of a sudden... It almost feels like I just started making beats a few days ago haha it's made about 90% of the beats I've made over the past 6-7 years obsolete... Only made 5 beats on it so far but gonna be using it all the time from now on.

I just put together a quick entry for this, upping to soundcloud now :mrgreen:

It's a pretty short and simple beat as I got the 'insufficient memory' error for the first time after only chopping one loop (and was too tired to bother trying to get it sorted at the time) so didn't have much to work with but did what I could with it
By CHOPFYT Mon May 28, 2012 9:37 pm
you may want to change it to public on the deadline/2moro (thats what im gonna do) Im not sure if private tracks appear wether they are shared or not.

Ive just upped mine after workin on it for a couple hours today, it was actually a bit more of a challenge than i thought I quite like the outcome but usually prefer to give a beat a day or so to breath...shouldve started earlier :oops:

Anyone whos still lurking around deadlines fast approaching so get em in soon
By peeping tom Tue May 29, 2012 12:17 am
did mine but i left it at home!!!!! (im at work)

might run home in a minute and grab it to upload, smashed one out real quick last night!

@Bipola yeh man loading up a whole mp3 into the sampler will do that :P gotta chop the bits out first!

Glad your banging your beast now - keen to hear the monster beats you crank out!

upped. done.
By ghlabdl Tue May 29, 2012 7:43 am
Just upped mine 8)

First time doing any battle, super excited to see what everyone did with this sample (was kinda thrown for a loop--no shitty pun intended--with what to do with the cover). I've been lurking in this forum for a long time now, got inspired to get a MPC after working digitally, and this is now my first MPC track. Thanks for making me forget about finals and work on my beautiful new machine and a beat!
By goofylife Tue May 29, 2012 3:34 pm
Bipola wrote:It's a pretty short and simple beat as I got the 'insufficient memory' error for the first time after only chopping one loop (and was too tired to bother trying to get it sorted at the time) so didn't have much to work with but did what I could with it

If you dont hate computers, its often faster to just chop it up in ReCycle, and when you export your slices it saves each slice as an individual wav-file, then just drop them on the MPC and start bangin`.
Its also easy to play around with the slices directly in ReCycle, as well as move start/end points.

New programs is always scary at first, but a short tutorial video about ReCycle on youtube gets you up and running in no time.
By Bipola Tue May 29, 2012 4:07 pm
goofylife wrote:
Bipola wrote:It's a pretty short and simple beat as I got the 'insufficient memory' error for the first time after only chopping one loop (and was too tired to bother trying to get it sorted at the time) so didn't have much to work with but did what I could with it

If you dont hate computers, its often faster to just chop it up in ReCycle, and when you export your slices it saves each slice as an individual wav-file, then just drop them on the MPC and start bangin`.
Its also easy to play around with the slices directly in ReCycle, as well as move start/end points.

New programs is always scary at first, but a short tutorial video about ReCycle on youtube gets you up and running in no time.

Haha nah no aversion to computers or anything, I would often chop the samples on the computer in edison in FL (what I'd been using up till about a week ago) but sometimes I like actually loading up the whole track and scrolling through it on the MPC, despite it being harder it can feel more spontaneous or whatever that way, I love finding a little loop and chopping it and getting a flip going within minutes sometimes. But yeah generally speaking I would chop the actual loops on the computer and then chop them further on the MPC. I love everything about chopping on the MPC after installing the jjos so definitely gonna keep it up, but will chop the actual loops on pc most of the time

Keen to hear how everyone flipped the sample!
By Don Blake Tue May 29, 2012 4:08 pm
Hey everyone. Entered in the last 2 bbs but havent been able to sign in to my account. But today i finally remembered my email and password combo. Anyway i sent mine this morning. It doesnt remotely resemble the original song but i suppose thats a good thing. I didnt find this the easiest sample but looking forward to hearing others
By CHOPFYT Tue May 29, 2012 8:34 pm
yeah not so elite now :twisted:

good to see a few people entered this one...

...thanks all

Ive played back mine a bit and it couldve been better (ill re-up) but f*ck it I won the last one, you never know unless you enter...