Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Who wins the battle?

42%
N/A
N/A
4%
N/A
4%
27%
4%
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
4%
4%
4%
N/A
8%
N/A
N/A
N/A
By MPC-Tutor Tue May 29, 2012 10:30 pm
MPC-Forums BEAT BATTLE # 008

LISTEN TO THE BEATS

http://soundcloud.com/groups/mpc-forums ... t-battles/

Look out only for the beats with BB#8 in the title

VOTING

All forum members can vote
Just select your favourite beat from the poll
Even if you didn't make a beat you can vote.
Please post comments/critiques in this topic - you are also free to tell us who you voted for

------------------------------------------

Voting ends FRIDAY 1st June 6PM EST

Good luck everybody!
By peeping tom Wed May 30, 2012 12:11 am
yo my beat aint up!

was upped yesterday!
By jnorth Wed May 30, 2012 12:13 am
peeping tom wrote:yo my beat aint up!

was upped yesterday!

Is it public? i'd check
By peeping tom Wed May 30, 2012 12:21 am
yeh!!forgto to share to group though doh!

added this morning to group it was uploaded yesterday/

By peeping tom Wed May 30, 2012 7:56 am
feedback time for ya'll :D

and cheese for the late addition mpc tutor, much love.

K-Loco - this was nice man, twisting, evolving soundscape.

Manic - you cray dawg! beat is sick man, the little licks in it are ace, the vocals used really well

Borat - nice man, liked the sample chops, drum arragement was nice. the extra twankles near 1.00 are great.

Dersimi - like the way you chopped this up. old flavour steez. drums are crispy. the additional strings @130 are the touch!

Briggs - like your use of vocals, and vox from the sample. drums a bit stiff

Bipola - :P always dig your ish! Glad to see i got ya using your mp more, should bump heads one time im in perth i'll try teach you some ish (or you teach me!)

Goofylife - this was dope. the layering of strings is great. the track picks and up drops off, really nice composition.

N.diggerT.. - chilled as! very nice blazin joint. nothing bad to say bout this one!

Shank - love the sample at start, nice flip on the horn, some good filtering for sure

Don Blake - nice work on flipping that, bumpy bass is dope.

Ghoul Abdul - the breakdown was **** dope. more backward ish!sweet, meaniingfull track.

fromafarway - this was meaningfull as well. make it longer yo!

toothflesh - man this is heaps better than the last one! drums are nice, sample flips are nice, chops nice, the little variation on th3 vocal is cool.

swing Johnson - on some horror movie steelo. this wouldnt be out of place in halloween brah!

Eddie - yeh on point, your beats are quality son. nuff said

Jnorth - an extra element of stronger bass line would have made this heaps better, nice chops!

Selfinflict - Skull snaps break baby!! nice work mayne!

J.london - bass line was smooth as eggs. composition was good man, liked the gap in the middle left it room to quieten up abit before opening up again.

Leland Chapm - spacehop! nice and relaxed man!

Shmoo - nice, like the shaker that came in, rubs thing. the vocals was used well!

Nathan Alexander - straight up banger son. feelin this. from the drums to the bass to the layers and flip. right on.

Tee - nice, heavy break, should of pitched it a bit more carefully, unles that was your aim! little string stabs are dope.

And thats me done!

Nathan Alexander gots my vote again, shit was bonkers. was close between manicbeats, eddie and ndiggert, shit was actually pretty hard!

Props to all involved.

:wink:
By peeping tom Wed May 30, 2012 8:01 am
and no more entrants haha that ish took me ages to write!
By Ill-Green Wed May 30, 2012 8:04 am
:lol: :lol: :lol: @ Inflict's and J.London's titles from the zombie thread!

Alot of epic beats this time, hard to pick just one.

For me its K-Loco, Shank, Borat, Leland, Nin, and Inflict.

Will give a thorough listen again before I vote.
By szr Wed May 30, 2012 10:49 am
I voted for goofylife, much better songs all round compared to last time. I was tempted to vote for shank though, in the hope he'd pick another cool song for next time.
By Toothflesh Wed May 30, 2012 11:34 am
peeping tom wrote:

toothflesh - man this is heaps better than the last one! drums are nice, sample flips are nice, chops nice, the little variation on th3 vocal is cool.

thanks man i hope i keep getting better.
Last battle i thought all the beats where a bit average but this round is crazy!
Allot of dope beats, props to everyone....

Still have to decide who i'm gonna vote for.
By Borat Wed May 30, 2012 12:18 pm
One of the best battles so far, most of the beats are dope!
Here are my favorites:
-Manicbeats:great drums, great mix, love the voice samples and all the arrangements. Crazy beat :D
-DerSimi: i really like how you flipped this, i like the sound of drums but no so much the swing of them. Nice beat!
-nin: i love this beat, lot of work for all the arrangements.It reminds me a bit of DJ Shadow, I really like the piano at 0'45.
-J London: like the bass and all those strange sounds!

Hard to choose between Manic and Nin, finally voted for Manic.
By DerSimi Wed May 30, 2012 1:11 pm
great battle this time. i´m happy to be a part of this great shi... my favorites are shank carvin ( cool chillout beat), swing johnson( hard beat.now i want to destroy my home.Thanks,.but what the f... is the end of the beat? speedcore style? :lol: . cool work),selfinflict (cool style) and..............NIN(Baaaaaam, nice work. i like how you structure the beat. )
my vote goes to GREAT-NIN. :wink:

all beats are fresh, but nins is better.good work. i like all beats.

one day i will win a battle. one day...... :cry:

:lol:
By Riggs Wed May 30, 2012 1:43 pm
This was a tough choice. Everyone's tracks were great!

My favs...
Don Blake's is upbeat and has a great vibe
Manicbeats has a great track. I want to hear more of the original sample in there.
NathanAlexander track is solid. I really like the sample use here

Leland Chapman was my pick ... original ... great work on the samples and changing the feel in each section ... lay back on the siren fm sound though :-)
By ghlabdl Wed May 30, 2012 4:37 pm
Some awesome stuff thrown out for this! My favorites:

Manic - Such a great liveliness to this one. So soulful and exciting vibe, loved it.
Riggs - Real bumping. Good use of vocals as well. The bass and piano made it for me in this one. Thumping, bumping, no frumping, great stuff.
Shank - Love how surreal this one seems to me. And the bubbly rhythm of an instrument hiding subtly in the background layers of which I'm unable to decipher (strum of a guitar?), which awes me even more. This is what it's like when David Lynch has a nice dream and not a nightmare. Really loved tis one.
JNorth - Very calm and chill stuff here man, LOVE that bass that creeps in and out like a utensil-thieving raccoon at night (am I the only one dealing with that shet?)
Selfinflict - Nutty. Love the effects you threw on the violin loop. Drums are real crisp and sweet.
Nathan Alexander - Had such a strange, dark and wacky feel to it. Bunuel-Horror level stuff, you really made the chops from the sample your own. Love when that soft piano comes in.

My vote goes to NathanAlexander on this one.