Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By Riggs Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:56 am
* Flip this sample to create your beat
* Join the MPC-Forums.com Beat Battle group at Soundcloud
* 1 beat only please.
* Monitor the voting thread for the battle you entered - please do not vote for yourself
* If you win, I will set up temporary permissions so you can start the next battle.

Posting rules

1) Join the MPC-Forums.com Beat Battles Group: http://soundcloud.com/groups/mpc-forums ... t-battles/
2) Upload the beat to your own soundcloud page - please make it downloadable
3) Make sure it includes the battle number in the title - i.e. BB#11. If it doesn't we might think it's a random spam beat and delete it
4) Share the beat with the forum group via the 'share to group' button

We'll keep all beats hidden until the first day of voting, then all beats will be made live on the forum soundcloud page.

* Currently, you do NOT need to use an MPC in your beat - however in the future, we will definitely be running special battles that will have an MPC requirement. But generally speaking, Battles are open to everyone.

Production rules

These are the default rules for any battle - however, the person who starts a battle can override pretty much any rule.

* 1 beat per person
* TIME LIMIT: Since you guys are uploading to your own accounts, there is no way for the battle to run over soundclouds 120 minute account limit. So make them as long as you want. Although, you should at least try to keep them to the limit of a standard song (2:30-4:00). *REMEMBER: It's your job as the beat maker to get the listeners attention to want to listen immediately. If you make it too boring, people will skip it!
* flip the chosen sample however you want
* Outside drums and bass ARE allowed
* Outside samples/synths ARE allowed for layering, but pleased do not make it so the sample is out-shined. The object is to hear how you flipped the sample. So keep that as the main focus of your beat.
* no acapellas
* short vocal samples allowed
* cuts/scratches allowed

Battle Timetable

Entries by: Tuesday 24th July 6PM EST
Voting Ends: Friday 27th July 6PM EST

here's your sample ----> http://www.mediafire.com/?x949ja9zox7vfv1

I looked high and low for an hour in my collection for something different. I hope you guys like this one!
By es-k Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:06 pm
briskisgoodforu wrote:hey any chance you could upload a wav file of it? MP3's aren't the best for mixing with other higher quality samples and sounds.

use it as a challenge... is less limiting than you think.... hell i'd even flip the mp3 VS the WAV just to prove a point. in the year 2050 MP3 will be the new "tape" or "vinyl" and people gonna be sayin damnnnnn why didnt u convert it to mp3?? gotta get that lofi sound lmaooo :lol: :lol: :lol: :hmmm:
By Riggs Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:58 pm
briskisgoodforu wrote:hey any chance you could upload a wav file of it? MP3's aren't the best for mixing with other higher quality samples and sounds.

es-k wrote:use it as a challenge... is less limiting than you think

What es-k said ^ :nod:

The only copy of this tune I have is in AAC. I converted to mp3 so everyone can use it (not just apple folks). I did look around and no luck on buying a better quality version. Sorry.... I would buy it if it existed just to support Paco.
By Unfolding Machines Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:09 pm
I've been lurking on these battles for a little bit, like the way the comps are run here (no stuffing about, keep up momentum). Just put together a beat for this round.

Used an ESX for everything on this one, even did some wavetable synthesis with the source sample. Hope you lot like it!
By Toothflesh Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:34 pm
i can't finish mine, still stuck in wackness but i keep on trying to improve.