Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Who wins the battle?

N/A
9%
N/A
5%
9%
N/A
N/A
9%
14%
5%
N/A
9%
14%
N/A
N/A
9%
9%
N/A
N/A
N/A
9%
By MPC-Tutor Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:40 am
MPC-Forums BEAT BATTLE # 012

LISTEN TO THE BEATS

http://soundcloud.com/groups/mpc-forums ... t-battles/

Look out only for the beats with BB#12 in the title

VOTING

All forum members can vote
Just select your favourite beat from the poll
Even if you didn't make a beat you can vote.
Please post comments/critiques in this topic - you are also free to tell us who you voted for

------------------------------------------

Voting ends Friday 27th July 6PM EST

Good luck everybody!
By ghlabdl Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:41 am
Good battle! I'm glad everyone was able to come up with something interesting with such an interesting sample challenge. My favorites and why:

EYEAMSTANDALONE - This track felt like it was all caps. It felt violent, and the whirling guitar sounds made me feel like I was spinning in some crazed hip-hop dervish. Also, pitched up vocals worked out really well for this. Definitely going on my "rampaging through Eastern Europe in a hummer" playlist.
Tepaphone - Had a really wonderful and unique flow. The syncopated drums worked really well with the vocal chops and the sudden bits of guitar flickering in and out. There wasn't one second where I was bored or not in some strange gypsy amazement. Awesome job!
stillbroke - Great work. Felt like there was a lot of room to breath with your mixing (which I enjoyed). The second stanza had a very addicting and hyperactive pace, so dope. I thought it was unusual and I loved it because of that. I felt like there was really 3 short songs into one, however, and I would have liked to see them flow together with some sort of seamless effort. Regardless, those 3 short songs are bangers.

I went for Tepaphone.
By Tag One The Fader Fiend Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:54 am
A big well done for everyone that entered, I enjoyed listening through them all. :nod: My vote goes to : :?: :hmmm: :?: - Tepaphone got my vote. :smoker:
By Borat Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:55 pm
I voted for BigGameHit, a wonderful song! I regret a bit that a lot of beats here are based mostly on synths and other instruments rather than on the sample itself.
By Perfect 5th Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:46 pm
Had to got with Dantuf... Der Semi was a very close second. Both beats were foolishly good.
By RichPage Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:18 am
Was a tough sample but I really like the way EYEAMSTANDALONE flipped it, Props to everyone elce too, was a tough choice
By DerSimi Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:52 pm
my vote goes to borat. dope beat and a super-fresh vibe. i love your beat borat! i can feel your shit. damn . i hear it and i start smiling. it s my favorite freestyle beat now !really dope beat
By KappNeffect Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:25 pm
Obi-Dan-Kenobi wrote:KappNeffect got my vote brutal originality, tough choice :hmmm: between him and DJ DanTuf, I do apologise if anyones ears were hurt with mine, I made a fatal error.

Thanks, Obi!!
By Unfolding Machines Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:39 pm
Whoah... I've never gone into a beat battle this large! 20 beats is a lot to take in for voting.

Still, really liked:
BigGameHit - mad, mad beat & subtle use of the key sample.
Borat - loved the rhythm switch at 2:06, nice to hear a rhythm that's not derived from hip hop.
EYEAMSTANDALONE - total necksnapper of a track.
Verysickbeats - weird cross of boom bap & psyche sounds, sweet chops too.

^basically the tracks that caught my ear had the blatant weirdest/most out there use of the key sample & kept a mit of melody. Voted for BigGame because your beat had the most going on of the longer tracks. Usually I skip through beats more than 3 minutes long but this held me the whole way. Nice work!
By Borat Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:43 pm
DerSimi wrote:my vote goes to borat. dope beat and a super-fresh vibe. i love your beat borat! i can feel your ****. damn . i hear it and i start smiling. it s my favorite freestyle beat now !really dope beat

Thanks a lot, i'm glad you like it :)
By Riggs Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:34 pm
These stood out for me...
ProgressiveSoul - Love the part with the piano. So haunting.
Verysickbeats - Awesome use of the original sample! You figured out the puzzle didn't you?
djdantuf - So upbeat! Good feelings! Yeah! I love it!
Tre Cipher - Open sounds! Real guitar! Groovin!
QuodaK - I love that second part man!
Borat - Layed back with a cervesa on a brutal hot day! Yeah, I'm feeling it!
KappNeffect - That broken sounding groove! Love!
stillbroke - You got three beats! They all hit!

Borat got my vote. I can just see the scene in a movie for this music.

Wow, man everyone hit it this time! Everyone had an awesome piece of music!