Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By TreCipher617 Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:56 am
* Flip this sample to create your beat
* Join the MPC-Forums.com Beat Battle group at Soundcloud
* 1 beat only please.
* Monitor the voting thread for the battle you entered - please do not vote for yourself
* If you win, I will set up temporary permissions so you can start the next battle.

Posting rules

1) Join the MPC-Forums.com Beat Battles Group: http://soundcloud.com/groups/mpc-forums ... t-battles/
2) Upload the beat to your own soundcloud page - please make it downloadable
3) Make sure it includes the battle number in the title - i.e. BB#13. If it doesn't we might think it's a random spam beat and delete it
4) Share the beat with the forum group via the 'share to group' button

We'll keep all beats hidden until the first day of voting, then all beats will be made live on the forum soundcloud page.

* Currently, you do NOT need to use an MPC in your beat - however in the future, we will definitely be running special battles that will have an MPC requirement. But generally speaking, Battles are open to everyone.

Production rules

These are the default rules for any battle - however, the person who starts a battle can override pretty much any rule.

* 1 beat per person
* TIME LIMIT: Since you guys are uploading to your own accounts, there is no way for the battle to run over soundclouds 120 minute account limit. So make them as long as you want. Although, you should at least try to keep them to the limit of a standard song (2:30-4:00). *REMEMBER: It's your job as the beat maker to get the listeners attention to want to listen immediately. If you make it too boring, people will skip it!
* flip the chosen sample however you want
* Outside drums and bass ARE allowed
* Outside samples/synths ARE allowed for layering, but pleased do not make it so the sample is out-shined. The object is to hear how you flipped the sample. So keep that as the main focus of your beat.
* no acapellas
* short vocal samples allowed
* cuts/scratches allowed

samples right here http://www.mediafire.com/?l9ua8fx8fbdra67

ignore the first 10 seconds, the actual song comes in at 12 seconds in.

make some freshies, theres alotta different sounds in this song.

DUE DATE: Tuesday 7th August 6pm eastern time
VOTING ENDS: Friday 10th August 6pm EST.
By dudi Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:28 pm
lol :)
I was searching for some samples today and wanted to use this one :P Now I'll try my luck in this battle ^^
By KappNeffect Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:12 pm
ghlabdl wrote:I feel like most of the people are using an MPC anyways. It'd be interesting to see what everyone else uses.

I'm on an MPC2KXL.

Live all day...only way. :lol:
By dudi Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:35 pm
ghlabdl wrote:I feel like most of the people are using an MPC anyways. It'd be interesting to see what everyone else uses.

I'm on an MPC2KXL.

MPC 500 :)
By TepaphoneMP Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:09 pm
dudi wrote:

I'm on an MPC2KXL.

MPC 500 :)

1K all in the box (except 'mastering').
By ProgressiveSoul Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:57 am
I love the sound of my 1000 but I love the work flow of Ableton. I might get the studio and renaissance but I don't think I'll ever sell my 1000. MPCs are Moogs of our generation.
By Unfolding Machines Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:56 pm
Done, that was a monster of a sample to flip!

Ended up spending way more time than expected on this one. I've been battling on some other forums for a while now & this was probably the most intensive production I've done in ages... It has about 20 patterns all up.

I'm on an MPC2KXL.

Used a Korg ESX & Roland SP-606 for resampling & sequencing. ESX to turn the Eric Gale sample into a synth patch. Used a Kaoss Pad on my voice when it pops up. Plus the samples got a bit of compression & EQ via Reason to get everything loud before loading into the samplers.

I'm stoked that these battles are open to all producers!