Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By joeypresents Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:08 am
* Flip this sample to create your beat
* Join the MPC-Forums.com Beat Battle group at Soundcloud
* 1 beat only please.
* Monitor the voting thread for the battle you entered - please do not vote for yourself
* If you win, I will set up temporary permissions so you can start the next battle.

Posting rules

1) Join the MPC-Forums.com Beat Battles Group: http://soundcloud.com/groups/mpc-forums ... t-battles/
2) Upload the beat to your own soundcloud page - please make it downloadable
3) Make sure it includes the battle number in the title - i.e. BB#14. If it doesn't we might think it's a random spam beat and delete it
4) Share the beat with the forum group via the 'share to group' button

We'll keep all beats hidden until the first day of voting, then all beats will be made live on the forum soundcloud page.

* Currently, you do NOT need to use an MPC in your beat - however in the future, we will definitely be running special battles that will have an MPC requirement. But generally speaking, Battles are open to everyone.

Production rules

These are the default rules for any battle - however, the person who starts a battle can override pretty much any rule.

* 1 beat per person
* TIME LIMIT: Since you guys are uploading to your own accounts, there is no way for the battle to run over soundclouds 120 minute account limit. So make them as long as you want. Although, you should at least try to keep them to the limit of a standard song (2:30-4:00). *REMEMBER: It's your job as the beat maker to get the listeners attention to want to listen immediately. If you make it too boring, people will skip it!
* flip the chosen sample however you want
* Outside drums and bass ARE allowed
* Outside samples ARE allowed for layering, but pleased do not make it so the sample is out-shined. The object is to hear how you flipped the sample. So keep that as the main focus of your beat.
* no acapellas
* short vocal samples allowed
* cuts/scratches allowed

:!: No outside synths unless the sound is generated out of the actual sample

:!: Must Sample at least 2 other records in any way (just to make it interesting!)

Samples Here Peggy Stern "amys Song"

http://www.mediafire.com/?djyod4ncmgd7qt9

Submit by: Tues 21st Aug 6pm EST
Voting Ends: Fri 24th Aug 6pm EST
Last edited by KappNeffect on Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: I'll poll the entries later provided no word from Tutor.
By joeypresents Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:42 pm
Obi-Dan-Kenobi wrote:Now thats what I'm talkiing about :nod: No synths is that bass as well :hmmm: , just clear that bit up someone is bound too use a synth !! and bless you for posting a WAV lovely grit too it already lovely tune, now good luck everyone, :mrgreen:

For Bass as well lets get creative that doesn't mean you cant use any other instrument just trying to get us working out of the comfort zone, Work those filters and since we are a mpc forum we should all have some decent digging skills, digging is the back bone to what the we do so dig baby!
By -niN Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:02 pm
cool! new rules :smoker:
And I'm glad to be encouraged to use at least two more records. It's not my style to stick to one song anyway.
Might actually join in on this one.
By Obi-Dan-Kenobi Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:37 pm
joeypresents wrote:
Obi-Dan-Kenobi wrote:Now thats what I'm talkiing about :nod: No synths is that bass as well :hmmm: , just clear that bit up someone is bound too use a synth !! and bless you for posting a WAV lovely grit too it already lovely tune, now good luck everyone, :mrgreen:

For Bass as well lets get creative that doesn't mean you cant use any other instrument just trying to get us working out of the comfort zone, Work those filters and since we are a mpc forum we should all have some decent digging skills, digging is the back bone to what the we do so dig baby!

Cool thats what I was hoping, trying to help clear things up when somebody said they were gonna use them anyway, thought it was a bit arrogant, buy hay ho I can't hear how he is saying it. and stand clear looks like es-k is gonna play!!
By Obi-Dan-Kenobi Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:35 am
KappNeffect wrote:
Obi-Dan-Kenobi wrote:somebody said they were gonna use them anyway!!

I sure hope not.

have a look at the voting for the last beat, they seemed a little upset about it I've kind of pulled him up on it, I totally respect anyones rules as it's bound too help push us too learn more skills, but for his sake I hope he has a go it might be that little bit of gold he makes and inspires. :wink:
By KappNeffect Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:33 pm
NightReveller wrote:What a sample, jeez! Definitely something I would pick myself.

Oh yeah about the 2 other records thing, that means 2 different breaks will do as well?

yep... 2 different sample sources.. although, I'm sure melody was implied, but not mandatory.
By Borat Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:42 pm
My beat is done and i'm real happy with it! Those rules are great, i rarely use different samples for the same beat, since i'm too lazy to find samples that match together :lol:
Forced me to try to do it, it was a lot of work, but it's nice to try different things.
By bliprock Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:14 pm
yeah good track choice, good rules. I was thinking i should do another battle lately so I am in, if I can stop doing other stuff and make time that is.

Did any one listen to this and wonder if the guys that wrote the MASH TV show themes song ripped it off. There is a chord phrase in there that i swear is exactly the same. no biggie but G I wonder?
By peeping tom Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:02 am
just saw this, so dope!

thats how i make my beats yo!

ima get down on the weekend! :nod: