Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By sirparksalot Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:36 am
NOTE: I did NOT win the last battle, I was just chosen to start the next one because the winner, ES-K, would not be available.....just wanted to give credit where credit is due!

* Flip this sample to create your beat
* Join the MPC-Forums.com Beat Battle group at Soundcloud
* 1 beat only please.
* Monitor the voting thread for the battle you entered - please do not vote for yourself
* If you win, I will set up temporary permissions so you can start the next battle.

Posting rules

1) Join the MPC-Forums.com Beat Battles Group: http://soundcloud.com/groups/mpc-forums ... at-battles
2) Upload the beat to your own soundcloud page - please make it downloadable
3) Make sure it includes the battle number in the title - i.e. BB#14. If it doesn't we might think it's a random spam beat and delete it
4) Share the beat with the forum group via the 'share to group' button

We'll keep all beats hidden until the first day of voting, then all beats will be made live on the forum soundcloud page.

* Currently, you do NOT need to use an MPC in your beat - however in the future, we will definitely be running special battles that will have an MPC requirement. But generally speaking, Battles are open to everyone.

Production rules

These are the default rules for any battle - however, the person who starts a battle can override pretty much any rule.

* 1 beat per person
* TIME LIMIT: Since you guys are uploading to your own accounts, there is no way for the battle to run over soundclouds 120 minute account limit. So make them as long as you want. Although, you should at least try to keep them to the limit of a standard song (2:30-4:00). *REMEMBER: It's your job as the beat maker to get the listeners attention to want to listen immediately. If you make it too boring, people will skip it!
* flip the chosen sample however you want
* Outside drums and bass ARE allowed
* Outside samples ARE allowed for layering(THIS INCLUDES SYNTHS), but pleased do not make it so the sample is out-shined. The object is to hear how you flipped the sample. So keep that as the main focus of your beat.
* no acapellas
* short vocal samples allowed
* cuts/scratches allowed

Samples Is Here:
https://rapidshare.com/files/2219381801 ... 20Mare.wav

Submit by: Tues 4th Sept 6pm EST
Voting Ends: Fri 7th Sept 6pm EST
Last edited by sirparksalot on Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
By inflict3 Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:40 am
yo, where is the sample, it aint there??????????????? :hmmm:
By Obi-Dan-Kenobi Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:40 am
No special rules :hmmm: oh well back to using everything around us. So glad it's a wav to work with. I'd love to say congratulations but that whole battle ended up like a fart in the wind, didn't know what was coming from where ha ha! :mrgreen:
Last edited by Obi-Dan-Kenobi on Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
By T. Jones Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:36 am
Cool sample, I have a feeling a lot of the entries will sound the same. Any battles where you can enter previously put together tracks, less rules, just straight beat battles. Could always smash the competition on this one then make my own rules :smoker:
By sirparksalot Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:04 pm
Obi-Dan-Kenobi wrote:No special rules :hmmm: oh well back to using everything around us. So glad it's a wav to work with. I'd love to say congratulations but that whole battle ended up like a fart in the wind, didn't know what was coming from where ha ha! :mrgreen:

I didn't win the last battle, and was put on the spot to select a sample for this one. I went digging as soon as I got home from work, and figured you all would want me to go ahead and just get the sample up rather than wait an extra day for me to come up with rules that no one would like anyways :lol: .
By T. Jones Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:07 pm
Obi-Dan-Kenobi wrote:Could do if you get the votes, just don't get upset if it says no votes next to your name.

You be votin for yourself huh.
By sirparksalot Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:30 am
peeping tom wrote:
goofylife wrote:synths allowed as well?

doesnt look like it

I simply copied the original rules from previous battles, synths can be used following these guidelines (the sample should be the main focus.....synths for layering/effects are good)

"Outside samples ARE allowed for layering, but pleased do not make it so the sample is out-shined. The object is to hear how you flipped the sample. So keep that as the main focus of your beat."