Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Who wins the battle?

4%
7%
N/A
N/A
22%
15%
4%
4%
N/A
33%
7%
4%
By dantuf Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:19 pm
yo peoples!!!

real sorry I am unable to listen to all beats and vote.. am awy from home so no access! jus borrowed someones phone to send this!

I usually vote for the beat that makes me nod my head and has some feeling behind it

all good

keep up the beats and dont get stuck with comments and votes .. it dont mean ish!! not like if you win you are gonna get 1million dollars or anything... ha haa ha de ha!

P
E
A
C
E
By konc3pt Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:39 pm
ArKyve-31 wrote:Kon, (this is constructive) I kept waiting for some more layers to drop in, either on the drums or the samples, I felt you had a great start and foundation and then left me hanging, still one of the better tracks on this battle though but I felt you could have taken it by adding a little something extra to spice it up. Just my 2 cents though :smoker:

Apprecitate the feedback Ark! I hear ya and agree 100% :nod: , I slept on this one but I think I will come back to it in the future and finish it...I was tracking out the beat an hour b4 deadline and was mad stressn about not meetn it n recoreded what I had...but how I sequenced it live sounded lot better than what I ended up with...i was struggling with capturing and arranging it with parts coming from different sources
By Obi-Dan-Kenobi Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:15 pm
szr wrote:@Obi-Dan-Kenobi
I wasn't making references to your music at all so don't take anything personally, I don't think you understand me.

TepaphoneMP summed it up well... but I think even mix quality/engineering is very personal.. some would says sidechain compression is the key, others like myself would say to stay away from compressors and eq for the most part... As that's what I think is 'good' ... is that really helping?

I agree that people should help each other more in day to day life... but when it comes to creating art, it's not clear what helps and what doesn't... I'm glad to recommend different gear to people that I think is great.... but again is that helping... as what I think is good may not be what others like.

all good man I was taking the pee out of myself thats whats hard bout this ya can't hear me I probably read as quite serious, 90% I'm being a joker, I do understand you and feel you on compression had the same conversation on stonesthrow, tried it again and YUK!!, I like the path thing you came out with makes ya think and thats what we need :nod:
By Obi-Dan-Kenobi Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:19 pm
konc3pt wrote:
ArKyve-31 wrote:Kon, (this is constructive) I kept waiting for some more layers to drop in, either on the drums or the samples, I felt you had a great start and foundation and then left me hanging, still one of the better tracks on this battle though but I felt you could have taken it by adding a little something extra to spice it up. Just my 2 cents though :smoker:

Apprecitate the feedback Ark! I hear ya and agree 100% :nod: , I slept on this one but I think I will come back to it in the future and finish it...I was tracking out the beat an hour b4 deadline and was mad stressn about not meetn it n recoreded what I had...but how I sequenced it live sounded lot better than what I ended up with...i was struggling with capturing and arranging it with parts coming from different sources

This conversation right here's what Im talking about!! brilliant!!
By elemen2al mhusyak Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:45 pm
As a Producer, I can dig every track! Simply due to the time and skill it takes to craft something from our imagination that people can appreciate.

As a Fan, it came down to two trax, rawb1 & Don Blake. Both had "feeling", drawing you in to the concept and the story. Clean & crisp. In the end my vote went to rawb1 due to the trax choke hold on the ears. Nicely done!

I think the beat battles are good for producers @ any level. Some would say networking is a key to success and competition is simply free advertisement. Not to mention a few extra album sales. The only way to ensure your mix is right is to test it and what better platform than a group of your peers.

Peace & Blessings

Be on the lookout Elemen2al Mhuysak will be entering soon!!! :smoker:
By T. Jones Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:32 pm
Don Blake wrote:Ill drop a sample tomorrow at some time

congrats, good time
By Don Blake Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:42 pm
Im sorry, im just uploading the sample now, any idea how i post a new topic in the beat battles bit? or how do i work it?
By logick Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:45 am
Don Blake wrote:Im sorry, im just uploading the sample now, any idea how i post a new topic in the beat battles bit? or how do i work it?

PM Tutor an have him setup the next Battle so you can post the sample peace.