Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Who wins the battle?

4%
7%
N/A
N/A
22%
15%
4%
4%
N/A
33%
7%
4%
By Obi-Dan-Kenobi Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:01 pm
rawb1 wrote:@Obi-Dan-Kenobi: No big deal Obi. Don Blake deserves it. Those chops got me.

I had two pages up one with your track one with his played back to back compared it, took some painkillers cos I couldn't decide and it hurt my brain !! only 11 beats and you two nearly killed me!! :lol:
By Chaos Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:25 am
Here were my thoughts as listening to the beats. Great job on all of them. The ones with * were my favourites.

*konc3pt: great use of the sample and the drums hit hard. love the bass as well.

tragedyxjones: really good simple beat. could easily see some tough rhymes over this one.

tepophone: i dug the nasty buzzy synth bits. nice bounce to the beat too.

obi-dan-kenobi: great work with the drums. has a nice laid back trippy vibe.

djdantuf: head nodding drums!

*rawb1: great beat, has a spooky cartoon haunted house feel.

ghoul abdul: had to go google your voice samples again.

francaria productions: the change up in the second part of the beat was great!

toothflesh: good tribute beat for the first man on the moon.

*don blake: great chops and arrangement! really good beat!

*selfinflict: nice use of the sample and that noise bass is *so* nasty! you could sand down concrete with that!

Gonna vote for konc3pt. It was very close between that beat, the one from selfinflict and rawb1. Getting hard to pick one.
By Coz Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:55 am

:smoker:
By sirparksalot Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:14 am
Man...meant to enter this, but had a migraine for two days straight so I haven't touched the MPC....just went to work and slept....will go through these tomorrow night.
By Tha_Skywalker Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:27 am
ㄒ੬p⟑ᑹ♅✆nᘍ, chaotic, selfinflict, Don Blake, djdantuf

Are the ones I liked the most.

I think I have to go with Chaotic. Chaotic edged this one out for me. ㄒ੬p⟑ᑹ♅✆nᘍ was another one I really enjoyed.
By T. Jones Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:22 am
The Dal Mare track had a lot offer, I'm listening to it right now, and probably did a total of 20 or so times before flipping it. you could make five different beats. Its humorous and unoriginal how many people flipped the first 4 seconds of that track, not knocking anyone, Ya'll did your things, but it was real hard to vote, Francaria I went with you homie, I felt you did the most with the original sample we were given to base the beat on. Hate it or Love it, You already know, i'ma speak my mind you speak yours.
By Obi-Dan-Kenobi Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:37 am
T. Jones wrote:The Dal Mare track had a lot offer, I'm listening to it right now, and probably did a total of 20 or so times before flipping it. you could make five different beats. Its humorous and unoriginal how many people flipped the first 4 seconds of that track, not knocking anyone, Ya'll did your things, but it was real hard to vote, Francaria I went with you homie, I felt you did the most with the original sample we were given to base the beat on. Hate it or Love it, You already know, i'ma speak my mind you speak yours.

Your right I should of voted for myself ha ha!! shocked Dan tuf is being slept on, the production to me is confusing why no one voted for him, thats the weird thing about these battles, you can make a strong beat and it goes off the radar, I've been critical in my comments with everyone this time, cos I feel, sick beat cool bass line sexy hi hats, ain't going to help no-one. We're doing this on stones throw and explaining how the beat was made etc. everyone should have a look at it on average 70 beats a week are entered, I'd love this battle to take off but can't put my finger on why only a hand full of peeps enter. :hmmm:
By Toothflesh Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:01 pm
to me (detailed) critical comments are the best cause then I know what i'm doing wrong or not good enough.
i rather have peeps telling me my shit aint in key or the groove sucks then a meaningless "good beat" comment.

On the other side its hard to give feedback cause like Dan tuf's beat, hearing the intro makes me think "here's that damn Dan tuf again with a killer beat" but after the intro i immediately lost interest and I cant really say why and it's not my style to comment "beat aint interesting"
By Obi-Dan-Kenobi Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:40 pm
Toothflesh wrote:to me (detailed) critical comments are the best cause then I know what i'm doing wrong or not good enough.
i rather have peeps telling me my **** aint in key or the groove sucks then a meaningless "good beat" comment.

On the other side its hard to give feedback cause like Dan tuf's beat, hearing the intro makes me think "here's that damn Dan tuf again with a killer beat" but after the intro i immediately lost interest and I cant really say why and it's not my style to comment "beat aint interesting"

Theres definitely a weird psychology on beat battles full stop, what makes me laugh is a ton of comments and you don't get a vote ha ha! but then the comments are all Wow!! Yeah man!! etc totally misleading, totally agree with you on detailed critical comments done it with T.Jones and on it went. I'm all for it personally if my shit's of I wanna know too!! :nod:
By szr Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:11 pm
The psychology is lots of people say they like your beat in the hope that you vote for them.
Think too many people watch ironically named 'talent shows' on tv, and mirror the w*oring they see.

I didn't vote on some battles cos the beats where all round poor sometimes, no use in spreading bad karma.. But on some of those not so great battles I saw the most gushing comments.. Kind of puts you off.
By Don Blake Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:29 pm
I voted for Rawb but also liked chaotic allot. Yeah not an easy sample. surprised mine went down so well though as it was real quick one and i wasnt sure about it.
By Don Blake Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:57 pm
Ive done allot of these beat battles and generally find that the people who moan about how "unoriginal" peoples beats are, normally lack in that area themselves(This is not aimed at anyone, just an observation). But i dont really care about how any of the votes go, im just doing this to try and hone my skills abit. Positive comments are great but im not gonna lose any sleep if no one votes for me. I do loads of stuff and i do allot of shit stuff too but its all a learning process. I certainly wouldnt avoid voting on a battle if the quality was bad. Surely its more of a reason to try and help people?
By Chaos Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:17 pm
Obi-Dan-Kenobi wrote:
Toothflesh wrote:to me (detailed) critical comments are the best cause then I know what i'm doing wrong or not good enough.
i rather have peeps telling me my **** aint in key or the groove sucks then a meaningless "good beat" comment.

Theres definitely a weird psychology on beat battles full stop, what makes me laugh is a ton of comments and you don't get a vote ha ha! but then the comments are all Wow!! Yeah man!! etc totally misleading, totally agree with you on detailed critical comments done it with T.Jones and on it went. I'm all for it personally if my ****'s of I wanna know too!! :nod:

I used to give critical comments but felt like I was dissing other beats while pretending mine was perfect. Kinda dumb psychology there and I guess giving more useful feedback is probably better.

In a perfect world the beats, comments and voting would all be anonymous and invisible until the vote was finished. Oh, and all the beats would be normalized so they had the same apparent volume.

But I hear you guys. Imma make an effort to be critical in my comments. It's better to try and improve on things (or at least realize what parts of a beat bug some people).
Last edited by Chaos on Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.