Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By Don Blake Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:47 am
Note: I have removed the "No Acapella" stipulation for this battle. i was going say that it must be a remix but i guessed that some people might not want to. Therefore id like to encourage people to make this a remix. If you dont want to though its not a rule. I hope thats ok.
Also i apologize but The sample is only an MP3 as ive had a new install and wasnt able to convert it.

* Flip this sample to create your beat
* Join the MPC-Forums.com Beat Battle group at Soundcloud
* 1 beat only please.
* Monitor the voting thread for the battle you entered - please do not vote for yourself
* If you win, I will set up temporary permissions so you can start the next battle.

Posting rules

1) Join the MPC-Forums.com Beat Battles Group: http://soundcloud.com/groups/mpc-forums ... at-battles
2) Upload the beat to your own soundcloud page - please make it downloadable
3) Make sure it includes the battle number in the title - i.e. BB#14. If it doesn't we might think it's a random spam beat and delete it
4) Share the beat with the forum group via the 'share to group' button

We'll keep all beats hidden until the first day of voting, then all beats will be made live on the forum soundcloud page.

* Currently, you do NOT need to use an MPC in your beat - however in the future, we will definitely be running special battles that will have an MPC requirement. But generally speaking, Battles are open to everyone.

Production rules

These are the default rules for any battle - however, the person who starts a battle can override pretty much any rule.

* 1 beat per person
* TIME LIMIT: Since you guys are uploading to your own accounts, there is no way for the battle to run over soundclouds 120 minute account limit. So make them as long as you want. Although, you should at least try to keep them to the limit of a standard song (2:30-4:00). *REMEMBER: It's your job as the beat maker to get the listeners attention to want to listen immediately. If you make it too boring, people will skip it!
* flip the chosen sample however you want
* Outside drums and bass ARE allowed
* Outside samples ARE allowed for layering(THIS INCLUDES SYNTHS), but pleased do not make it so the sample is out-shined. The object is to hear how you flipped the sample. So keep that as the main focus of your beat.
* short vocal samples allowed
* cuts/scratches allowed

Samples Is Here:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/e38sf6

Submit by: Tues 18th Sept 6pm EST
Voting Ends: Fri 21st Sept 6pm EST
By konc3pt Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:14 pm
Im bit confused by the acapella rule, at the begning of the post says it's encouraged to make a remix but towards the bottom of the post says to keep the sample as the main focus of the beat and that short vocal samples are allowed...so big question is short vocal samples or acapella :hmmm:
By Borat Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:18 pm
konc3pt wrote:Im bit confused by the acapella rule, at the begning of the post says it's encouraged to make a remix but towards the bottom of the post says to keep the sample as the main focus of the beat and that short vocal samples are allowed...so big question is short vocal samples or acapella :hmmm:

Therefore id like to encourage people to make this a remix. If you dont want to though its not a rule.

I think that it should be an acapella rather than a short vocal sample
By Tag One The Fader Fiend Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:44 pm
konc3pt wrote:Im bit confused by the acapella rule, at the begning of the post says it's encouraged to make a remix but towards the bottom of the post says to keep the sample as the main focus of the beat and that short vocal samples are allowed...so big question is short vocal samples or acapella :hmmm:

:hmmm:
By Don Blake Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:21 pm
Yes sorry it normally says that that "no Acapellas" are aloaud, but i just deleted that bit. in other words you can use acapellas or vocal samples. anythings aloud. you dont have to make a remix but would like to hear it.
By inflict3 Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:31 pm
this is a nice sample.. think i may use only my 500 on this one and do something more simple :nod:
By Borat Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:12 am
Don Blake wrote:Hey borat let me know if your still having problems with it. im not aware of having any virus. anyone else having problems?

Still can't open it, that's strange... Could you upload the mp3 on another uploader maybe? Thanks!