Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

who won?

4%
8%
4%
4%
8%
31%
4%
38%
By es-k Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:54 pm
MPC-Forums BEAT BATTLE # 016

LISTEN TO THE BEATS

http://soundcloud.com/groups/mpc-forums ... t-battles/

Look out only for the beats with BB#17 in the title

VOTING

All forum members can vote
Just select your favourite beat from the poll
Even if you didn't make a beat you can vote.
Please post comments/critiques in this topic - you are also free to tell us who you voted for

------------------------------------------

Voting ends Friday October 5th 6PM EST

Good luck everybody!
By Tha_Skywalker Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:34 am
Nice work fellas, Let me start off by saying that all of you had some really sick stuff. Very unique flips definitely reflects your guys styles!

I have to say though that OBI's beat caught my attention. He really got in and chopped that sample and really made something new. Loving the transitions. Definitely a sick beat!

Es-K was also another one my favorites! The intro throws you off to believe that its going to be something smooth and when the beat comes in its straight head nod. The method man vocals over it give it a little nice flavor to it. Especially after the vocals are done the way the beat comes in again! Stupid dope man. The horn chops sound like they would be a straight loop but the change up on that got me asking how he did it.

Tough decision. I think ima have to listen to this through my monitors cus I can't make a decision just yet.
By logick Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:40 am
Can everyone enable download on your tracks because i'm having trouble with soundcloud, i can't play anything it's been like this for 2 days now, i can't vote until i've heard every beat thanks.
By CHOPFYT Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:37 am
i voted es-k took it beyond expectations with the variations and vocal touches good work dude everyone else did well too i liked los' and tragedy's takes as well. well done all

peace

*ive put my d/l on logick
By es-k Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:07 pm
man,.. its cool that no two are alike with a sample that is so recognizable to us all..

bluformula - nice open hat, simple but fluid flip... i diggit

obi- i feel like this would make madlib proud.... salute fam

shank - i coulda guessed this was yours without knowing who did it - u got a signature sound and thats good.. cool flip, sonically was a bit muddy and the hats a lil too stiff for me , but u did cool stuff with this, props

logick - classy hiphop flip, we used same parts basically.. i like what u did.. some real cool parts to the flip.. solid drums, live bass... mix seemed kinda muted or muffled tho

tragedy jones - this is a cool flip too, nice low end.. i think the drum kit wasn't the best choice, even tho i do love 808/909 type kits in a less traditional sense.. something about it didnt quite sit with me.. nice chops.arrangement.creativity tho

tre cipher - yyyyeaaaaa nice intro, same as jaylib style flip, which is cool to me... keep bouncing.... i dig how u bring in the vocals... overall real nice, a little peaking in the mix is buggin me tho.. dope flip tho .. what u do a 1:50ish shoulda came earlier and u shoulda built off that, without the main loop you build in the intro (the one thats like madlibs flip for jaylib..)

los79 - cool flip and chops again here, but real stiff and robotic type drums, no bounce.. mix is clean tho.. nice work

vote - obi
By CHOPFYT Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:47 am
cheers phx :mrgreen:

thanks for the comments es i thought the mix a bit muddy too i have to work on that as it seems to be a common negative with some of my beats...hav eto step it up next round

peace all
By logick Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:29 am
Great battle not one beat even sounded similar great job everyone.

i liked all the beats but i was listening back an forth between Obi and Es-k i couldn't

make my mind up for a while, it was a very close decision.

i voted Es-k great work.

an great work from everyone in the battle peace.
By Toothflesh Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:59 am
Allthough Obi-Dan-Kenobi chopped it up crazy I'm gonna go for Es-k cause that Mef vocal part makes the beat hard as ****!
By dantuf Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:23 pm
Big ups to all , nice selection !!!

Es-k and Obi Dan ......

I'ma go for Obi - unique sounds!!

p
e
a
c
e

hope to be able to enter the next round :nod:
By Coz Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:21 pm
TepaphoneMP wrote:* no acapellas
* short vocal samples allowed

There's always a lady's private parts and it might as well be me! I took Es-k's vocal part as an acapella and not a short vocal sample. :fku: :lol:

My vote went to Shank in the end. I liked the dark and abstract beat, even though the mix was a bit muddy. All good though. :smoker: