Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

who won?

4%
8%
4%
4%
8%
31%
4%
38%
By CHOPFYT Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:37 pm
Cheers coz and dan for the comments/vote much appreciated

peace
By ArKyve-31 Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:10 pm
Meant to comment a few days ago when i voted, I voted for shank, preferred his style, Es-k had great track but the darkness of shanks beat is what I preferred, honestly I didn't prefer the sample choice so I found it hard to enjoy the flips of it.
By logick Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:21 pm
congratulations to Es-k for a well deserved win, killer beat.

now we need a new dope sample for the next battle.

an on a side note who thinks this beat battle 2 week thing is a bit long i would like the

battle to be changed to a weekly battle.

Whats you're thoughts on a weekly battle ?
By Coz Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:26 pm
logick1 wrote:Whats you're thoughts on a weekly battle ?

I don't know if the general interest in the battles is taking a dip, because they've gone from 20+ entries to under 10 in a short space of time.

It might drop even lower if it was weekly.
By CHOPFYT Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:43 pm
i think fortnightly is good gives enough time to review what youve done and make any changes.

Yeah the battles arent as popular but thats probly cos most of the heads on here just talk about making beats...its steady tho and its good to have a challenge on offer at when ever you feel the urge

*thanks Ark peace
By logick Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:49 pm
Coz wrote:

I don't know if the general interest in the battles is taking a dip, because they've gone from 20+ entries to under 10 in a short space of time.

but if we get a weekly battle the turn around will be better for everyone, if we get
limited to 7 days or 5 days to create an 2 for voting that can only be a better thing, some of the headz on this forum have done a beat on the same day the sample was uploaded an for them they gotto wait another 13 days to get another sample to flip, this Battle is to long.
By Coz Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:23 pm
logick1 wrote:but if we get a weekly battle the turn around will be better for everyone, if we get
limited to 7 days or 5 days to create an 2 for voting that can only be a better thing, some of the headz on this forum have done a beat on the same day the sample was uploaded an for them they gotto wait another 13 days to get another sample to flip, this Battle is to long.

You could have a daily battle with some of the heads on here! :lol:

The people who regularly enter should put the weekly battle to the vote.
By Obi-Dan-Kenobi Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:40 am
Coz wrote:

I think it would drop, this is the youngest running battle that is out there, what I have noticed taking part in the stones throw battle there is 70 beats a week and it always grows, ughh battle is on number 35, this one is still young and a lot of people think it's mpc only before they check it out. Some of the guys that battled on here have moved on to these other battles, Tepaphone, Ghoul Abdul, and magnificent butcher. I'll admit I put more effort into the stonesthrow beats than these even though there is more time. So let this one grow, and if you want to battle each week join the stones throw beat battle and the ughh(underground hip hop)battle. The fact you have 9 days to make a beat, better things should be happening, If you take the time to listen to some of the entries you would quickly see that most of us on this board would prob not get a vote, Also I'm wondering if people have university or college cos that would explain the beats going from 20-15 to 8! have fun, learn, evolve.
Last edited by Obi-Dan-Kenobi on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Clint Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:04 pm
First time voter here.

Was feelin the tracks by Tre Cipher - Keep Bouncin, Obi-dan-kenobi - Snakecharmer, Esk - Champion Sound.

Tough decision, but I voted for Snake Charmer with Champion Sound very close behind. Snake Charmer was just dope, I could even visualise the snake rising to the beat.

Well done Obi.