Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By es-k Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:38 pm
MPCBB #18 - Blending samples from two different songs
BOOOOOOOOOM!

* Flip this sample to create your beat
* Join the MPC-Forums.com Beat Battle group at Soundcloud
* 1 beat only please.
* Monitor the voting thread for the battle you entered - please do not vote for yourself
* If you win, I will set up temporary permissions so you can start the next battle.

Posting rules

1) Join the MPC-Forums.com Beat Battles Group: http://soundcloud.com/groups/mpc-forums ... t-battles/
2) Upload the beat to your own soundcloud page - please make it downloadable
3) Make sure it includes the battle number in the title - i.e. BB#14. If it doesn't we might think it's a random spam beat and delete it
4) Share the beat with the forum group via the 'share to group' button

We'll keep all beats hidden until the first day of voting, then all beats will be made live on the forum soundcloud page.

* Currently, you do NOT need to use an MPC in your beat - however in the future, we will definitely be running special battles that will have an MPC requirement. But generally speaking, Battles are open to everyone.

Production rules:

* Make ONE beat using pieces of BOTH samples - one has some open drums in it so its not THAT hard... but lets get creative people!
* 1 beat per person
* TIME LIMIT: Since you guys are uploading to your own accounts, there is no way for the battle to run over soundclouds 120 minute account limit. So make them as long as you want. Although, you should at least try to keep them to the limit of a standard song (2:30-4:00). *REMEMBER: It's your job as the beat maker to get the listeners attention to want to listen immediately. If you make it too boring, people will skip it!
* flip dat sh!t
* Outside drums ARE allowed
* Outside samples ARE NOT allowed (THIS INCLUDES SYNTHS AND BASS). THERE IS PLENTY OF BASS/LOWEND in "EGLISE" !!! work those samplers!!!!
* no FULL acapellas - keep verses blank but if u wanna put a "hook" in with cuts/vocals/etc cool
* short vocal samples allowed
* cuts/scratches allowed

Samples are here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?c6ct602g28etvxw

Submit by Tuesday October 16th 6PM EST
Voting ends Friday October 19th 6PM EST
By peterpiper Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:15 pm
I havn't listen to the samples yet but this rules (blending two originals) is the best idea I've read for battles for years! It's nice you choose an easy job for the first time so we can use drums from one and samples from the other song. I'm usually not into battless but I probably will take the chance this time.........or I'll wait for the battle #30 when the rules say "10 songs in this packet and pieces of ALL have to get used in your track" :mrgreen:

peace
By Don Blake Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:18 pm
* Outside samples ARE NOT allowed (THIS INCLUDES SYNTHS AND BASS). THERE IS PLENTY OF BASS/LOWEND

When you say this does it mean we are not aloud to use our own instruments? Ive used bass from samples but i assume im not aloud to use and external instruments?
By jibber Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:26 pm
Might join again if i can find the time this weekend... one of the downloads was me... :-D
By es-k Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:45 pm
Don Blake wrote:* Outside samples ARE NOT allowed (THIS INCLUDES SYNTHS AND BASS). THERE IS PLENTY OF BASS/LOWEND

When you say this does it mean we are not aloud to use our own instruments? Ive used bass from samples but i assume im not aloud to use and external instruments?

sorry, just saw this - you are correct

no instruments, vsts, anything like that