Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

which beat is your favorite?

12%
N/A
4%
24%
N/A
N/A
16%
N/A
4%
40%
By jimmie Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:14 pm
Too late:
A day late for the beat battle, here is a very quick sketch I did on the first day of downloading the BB#18 samples. All sounds are just from the two BB samples.
I then spent the other 5 days messing about processing the samples for another beat only to run out of time and not actually even begin a beat... so here is my first quick effort made on that first day (lolz), all done in the mpc2500 with outboard fx.

Next time mebee eh..
Last edited by jimmie on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:12 pm, edited 7 times in total.
By CHOPFYT Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:56 pm
No Es-K beat?...scared of winning again :hmmm: :lol:

Slim pickings this round imo like someone said above lot of interlude/basic beats thanks to the testing samples and strict guidelines

Jimmie thats a nice beat Id probly have voted for that one if it was in on time or within the rules, Borat and Dan did well too.

I voted koncept the bit between breaks was cool good little rhythm you cooked up there 8)

midi wrote:wtf kind of girly men cant take criticism thats how you get better

this is true, obi its not about personal attacks unless you wanna make it (e-threats came from your direction). Its not all good dude you cant expect a coke and smile everytime you share something...you wanna respond to the comments? criticise midi's 'effort' dont bit*h about his opinion, theres no point
By dnoria Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:51 pm
shank carvin wrote:No Es-K beat?...scared of winning again :hmmm: :lol:

Slim pickings this round imo like someone said above lot of interlude/basic beats thanks to the testing samples and strict guidelines

Jimmie thats a nice beat Id probly have voted for that one if it was in on time or within the rules, Borat and Dan did well too.

I voted koncept the bit between breaks was cool good little rhythm you cooked up there 8)

this is true, obi its not about personal attacks unless you wanna make it (e-threats came from your direction). Its not all good dude you cant expect a coke and smile everytime you share something...you wanna respond to the comments? criticise midi's 'effort' dont bit*h about his opinion, theres no point

I agree criticism is a part of the game and as you say 'you can't expect a coke and a smile everytime...' However the criticism should be kept to the music not someones mental state. That to me was where it became a personal attack, if midi had pointed out specifically what he liked or didn't like or what obi-dan could have done better, then you'd be right. Hell, even if he just said the beat was trash and had no redeeming qualities that would have been okay.

With that said, saying someone on a message board has mental problems, then the guy on the receiving end kinda goes off is hilarious. so keep it up (pause) :wink:
By Obi-Dan-Kenobi Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:48 pm
shank carvin wrote:No Es-K beat?...scared of winning again :hmmm: :lol:

Not bitching at all dude, and I ain't gonna lower my level to his, I wanted to know where he is coming from, nothing was said about the tune what so ever, he replies and my judgement is right, check my comments I'm pulling apart my own tune. Now where you thought it was going to be a **** session check my response. peace holmes!!
By CHOPFYT Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:06 pm
saying your on drugs could be taken either way im sure a lot of people who make good or bad music have been told there on drugs...f*ck it tho lets not pollute the thread with bickering and semantics...another time anOTher place maybe
By TepaphoneMP Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:17 pm
midi wrote:...obi dan has mental problems

midi wrote:not really. it sounds like ****.

So you make fun of a dude, then when asked to clarify you say his beat sounds like sh!t.

That's how you help people improve their production? So I thought to myself "if this dude makes beats half as well as he trolls, he's gotta be on some mastery of sound sh!t!" So I listened to the beat. It's not bad. Sonically it's great, just not enough time/effort is all. Probly would have won with proper work put in. But I digress.

Skills or no, this is some unevolved behavior that doesn't help a damn thing. Like Obi mentioned, it's ignorance because it shows lack of understanding of or respect for subjectivity. The whole "cup of tea" argument; just because you think something sucks doesn't mean it does.

In an environment like this where people generally don't know anybody else in real life but we're still trying to build and grow as artists, sparking bullsh!t is just showing your ass.
By konc3pt Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:18 pm

shank carvin wrote:I voted koncept the bit between breaks was cool good little rhythm you cooked up there 8)

appreciate it :nod:
By Obi-Dan-Kenobi Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:12 pm

Right lesson time for the child.
I return from work from putting a guy to bed that can't physically function needs 24hr support and care. He suffers from M.S (multiple sclerosis) and his brain signals do not function properly. The guy in the room next door has schizophrenia and constantly needs support with the voices in his head telling him he has killed someone. The guy next door to him was dropped on his head as a baby and he has never had a decent life. Across from him is a man with Aquired Brain Injury, he used to grow weed and take acid tabs daily. His wife left him after the accident. Before this job I pulled an 18 year old lad out of his home as his grandad would rape him in the night, I got him into a foster home and helped him stop self harming. You've written 2 or 3 really stupid statements, already I can tell there is no way you could cope with any of the above, it's not about insulting me, it's about using a term you know F.U.C.K all about. I hope your aware of the disability act and internet protection these people have, I've been campaigning for the last two years to have peoples IP address tracked so they can be fined when they are stupid enough to use retard or mental problems in any personal reference. All these guys can put their thoughts into context, you can't even explain yourself, or you have multi personality disorders going on, positive and insulting in the same breath, "i voted for borat imo its clearly the standout track.most of the beats were kinda boring or interludish mostly because of the samples given. obi dan has mental problems" you clearly have issues, at no point have I said my beat is amazing I actually run it down myself, When your also a home dad trying to make beats sometimes it goes off. At 7.30 in the morning trying to make a beat whilst your child is loosing their first tooth don't help!. Wasted words I know gone right over your head, predictable response of "W.T.F see you is crazy" coming just to prove me right your an 18 year old RAP fan, if your older that is a proper face palm incident. If you don't understand the words look them up educate yourself and stop letting the Hiphop community down by being so ignorant!
By Obi-Dan-Kenobi Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:21 pm
shank carvin wrote:saying your on drugs could be taken either way im sure a lot of people who make good or bad music have been told there on drugs...f*ck it tho lets not pollute the thread with bickering and semantics...another time anOTher place maybe

Now did I miss the whole drug thing or something, and life is semantic holmes that is Hiphop everything is expression. But i'm still one eyebrow raised at the drug thing.
By konc3pt Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:33 pm
:shock: hats off to ya Obi-Dan-Kenobi...midi does come off like a teenager goin thru puberty n dealn with hormone imbalance at the same time
By Obi-Dan-Kenobi Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:43 pm
TepaphoneMP wrote:
midi wrote:...obi dan has mental problems

midi wrote:not really. it sounds like ****.

So you make fun of a dude, then when asked to clarify you say his beat sounds like sh!t.

That's how you help people improve their production? So I thought to myself "if this dude makes beats half as well as he trolls, he's gotta be on some mastery of sound sh!t!" So I listened to the beat. It's not bad. Sonically it's great, just not enough time/effort is all. Probly would have won with proper work put in. But I digress.

Skills or no, this is some unevolved behavior that doesn't help a damn thing. Like Obi mentioned, it's ignorance because it shows lack of understanding of or respect for subjectivity. The whole "cup of tea" argument; just because you think something sucks doesn't mean it does.

In an environment like this where people generally don't know anybody else in real life but we're still trying to build and grow as artists, sparking bullsh!t is just showing your ass.

And then you get done with a Lightsaber HA! cheerz dude!!
By Tha_Skywalker Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:35 am
Borats beat was on point definitely made and interesting flip.
Close second was Dantuf and OBI.

Dantuf props for grabbing everything from the two samples you limited yourself and still came out with something dope. The cuts were sick too!

And Obi as usual with chopping shit up like he works at a Deli.
Definitely like your style yo! Very Unique.

As for the rest you guys? Props! I couldn't do sh!t with this sample so you guys were able to pull off something I wasn't. Respect.
By jibber Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:25 am
And another vote from me for borats entry. Classic shit! 8)