Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By es-k Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:03 pm
SAMPLE - http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/3 ... g-wav.html

alt link - http://www.mediafire.com/?vyclkrbxnv14cfu

RULES

* 1 beat per person
* TIME LIMIT: Since you guys are uploading to your own accounts, there is no way for the battle to run over soundclouds 120 minute account limit. So make them as long as you want. Although, you should at least try to keep them to the limit of a standard song (2:30-4:00). *REMEMBER: It's your job as the beat maker to get the listeners attention to want to listen immediately. If you make it too boring, people will skip it!
* flip the chosen sample however you want
* Outside drums and bass ARE allowed
* Outside samples/synths ARE allowed for layering, but pleased do not make it so the sample is out-shined. The object is to hear how you flipped the sample. So keep that as the main focus of your beat.
* no acapellas
* short vocal samples allowed
* cuts/scratches allowed

* Flip this sample to create your beat
* Join the MPC-Forums.com Beat Battle group at Soundcloud
* 1 beat only please.
* Monitor the voting thread for the battle you entered - please do not vote for yourself
* If you win, I will set up temporary permissions so you can start the next battle.

1) Join the MPC-Forums.com Beat Battles Group: http://soundcloud.com/groups/mpc-forums-com-beat-battles
2) Upload the beat to your own soundcloud page - please make it downloadable
3) Make sure it includes the battle number in the title - i.e. BB#10. If it doesn't we might think it's a random spam beat and delete it
4) Share the beat with the forum group via the 'share to group' button

SUBMIT BY TUES OCT 30th 6pm EASTERN
By Borat Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:52 pm
Thanks for setting it up! The site where i uploaded the sample seems to be down on my computer, don't know if it works for y'all? Otherwise i'll try to upload it on another site.
By golfdogz Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:42 am
my virus software is trojan-horse blocking it...balls
By Flavor4Daze Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:08 pm
golfdogz wrote:my virus software is trojan-horse blocking it...balls

I use Microsoft Antivirus, it's free and doesn't get programs blocking programs.
By AudioAura Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:09 pm
Hi all of ya, I use mac w safari, download was easy ,no trouble.

Sample is awesome , already working on some bts :smoker:

Hope download trouble will be solved soon and u can start to work on your beat.

peace
By golfdogz Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:29 pm
all good - the second link seems to work for me.

obviously having never entered these battles im only saying this as an observer (one day ill get one finished in time) - but couldn't the track of the fortnight be shared to the beat battle soundcloud for download the same as the track entries?. would make for good reference when people are going through and listening to the entries that didnt DL the original sample.

or is that against soundclouds copyright policies? if so maybe link up a reversed wav file - like people do for youtube videos!

cool sample - looking forward to hearing the results
By Borat Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:33 am
Anyone is allowed to post one beat, you have to submit your track on tuesday 6th november i think.
By Borat Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:31 pm
Sorry, the deadline is next tuesday, the 30 october.