Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

BB19 WINNER IS..........

50%
11%
N/A
17%
6%
6%
11%
N/A
By Tha_Skywalker Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:52 am
Some of these beats got a nice vibe to them.

Beats I enjoyed.

Obi: Theirs A lot going of shit going on in yours, but it sounds kool very rhythmic.

Elemen2: This beat has so much potential if you were to clean it up in a couple places
and fill in the gaps of the horns playing and make it sound connected it would be a lot better. Im sucka for Horns tho, one problem is that theirs some distorting going on digital distortion is not pleasant to listen too.

Eponim: Dude your beat is ill! The drum pattern is sick, and it has a very raw smoothness to it. The change up is dope too I wish it would have came sooner tho.

Dantuf: Nice chops man, The thing about this beat its really easy to listen too, something to kick back and bump. Definitely my style dig it.

Dantuf with W. Good job fellas.
By CHOPFYT Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:46 pm
seems like mutha fuc*ahs too bizzy talkin beats to make 'em :roll:

didnt vote as submissions were meh dan tuff's scratches were about the only highlight, might do later on the relisten...waitin on the next round

think sample selection needs some imagination or somethin :?
By dantuf Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:49 pm
thanks for all your votes and mentions !!!

just sent es-k the stuff to set up number 20

peace all :)
By Borat Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:15 am
Congrats Dantuf!

shank carvin wrote:seems like mutha fuc*ahs too bizzy talkin beats to make 'em :roll:

didnt vote as submissions were meh dan tuff's scratches were about the only highlight, might do later on the relisten...waitin on the next round

think sample selection needs some imagination or somethin :?

Haha, i agree about the quality of the beats this time, but not about the sample selection since i chose it :)
I think the problem here is that for most of the beats people tried to get away from the sample too much, like taking one short chop and make a beat with just that or making the sample unrecognizable...
By CHOPFYT Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:45 am
yeah I think most people, including myself, shy away from using a straight loop as its more likely that other contestants will do the same but it actually has the reverse effect and no one ends up using it at all.

dunno tho dude you cant really predict unless the source material is particularly rigid
By jimmie Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:22 am
I didn't like the sample much so chopped out many short bits I liked and created a melody from that. I prefer it when you're not allowed to use any extra outside sounds or samples.

Grats dantuf :fku: :lol:
By es-k Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:29 pm
dantuf wrote:
es-k wrote:
dantuf wrote:anyone got any input for the rules ??? change up switch up ???
anything you wanna put in ??

:wink:

lol i would prefer a required POST with a vote

we should vote on it.. with a post :smoker:

yeah man , I agree with you on that. :smoker:

we're gonna try in battle 20 voting