Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Who wins the battle?

N/A
33%
N/A
11%
11%
N/A
N/A
11%
11%
N/A
22%
By MPC-Tutor Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:29 am
MPC-Forums BEAT BATTLE # 020

LISTEN TO THE BEATS

http://soundcloud.com/groups/mpc-forums ... t-battles/

Look out only for the beats with BB#20 in the title

VOTING

All forum members can vote
Just select your favourite beat from the poll
Even if you didn't make a beat you can vote.
Please post comments/critiques in this topic - you are also free to tell us who you voted for

------------------------------------------

Voting ends ****** Friday the 16th Nov*******

Good luck everybody!
By harry.ethics Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:06 pm
a good trauma i hope Dan? :lol:

There's some nice beats in there for sure. I've just had a good listen over luncheon, gonna save my vote til i can get home and listen laters, initial contenders for me are sasquash, obi, dantuf and es-k.

iron mic kane: nice mix, cheeky/lowkey beat.

poly tribe: like the lead hook. nice and clean. drums sit well

asethic: i liked the swagger. raw

obi dan kenobi: liked the layers a lot, nice groove. great build. nice feel to this.

slam 53: nice chops. throwback drums sounded nice :). the sample sat well.

the unit 123: i liked the bass, went well with the minimal stylee chops. good vox hook.

sasquash: nice chops! sequenced well. swagger on this beat.

dantuf: nice drums, crazy sick cuts,chops! very nice all round.

chaotic: nice laid back groove and bass line to match.

es-k: it's es-k innit. crafty chops/sick sequence/dope drums.
By jimmie Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:34 pm
djdantuf gets my vote.

His productions sound like they were made on expensive outboard to me; clean, clear, beautiful separation of frequencies, open and spacious with enough power and glue. Obviously all this is because djdantuf separated his sounds and melded them together well.

ITB or OTB? Who cares, it sounds great!

Oh, nice tunage too... The scratching felt like a bit of a cheat though. I mean, I prefer these comps when the only sounds allowed are from the samples given (I know opinions differ).
By mcroepster Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:59 pm
My vote goes to Es-K.!
Damn, his beats are always on point.

peace :smoker:
By sasquash Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:27 pm
My vote goes to Hazzaeth, Congrats and big shout out to all the beatmakers... this is my opinion, beats and work the most interesting for me:

Hazzaeths: my boom bap hit , i love it the way you drive the different elements of the sample. You fully use the main melody and you put an energy and a force in this beat you also have took the primary essence from the sample and you create a hiphop banger , pip it!

|η/Δ\c•: jazz influence is in this beat, i love your work , loop change always, very high quality of creativity

asethic2: i like the use of the create a new melody with the sample, caution art of sampling here!

Slam53: nice chop and loop is good but final result is maybe too classic or obvious for my taste, maybe next time, take more risks, it will be fun.

Djdantuf: Very good work in the drums and the rythm. very good job on the sample too! As you are a Dj cuts bring a very nice touch.

Es-K: Good work on the rythm and special effects but i think the loop is too long in my opinion.
By dantuf Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:41 pm
What ?? Same here. Not back from work yet an was gonna vote when got back..

Will give some feedback later when home.

Peace
By dantuf Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:50 pm
oh man .. what a hectic week...

its amazing what different styles and sounds we all come up with !!!

really good flips all round this time an look forward to the next one

sorry no time for full feedback :cry:

I was going to vote harry.ethics
By jimmie Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:22 am
Maybe make it mandatory for entrants to vote and post in the thread about who they voted for.

Also could maybe try and get other forum users to have a quick listen and vote by adding a starred vote sticky for the duration of the voting, somewhere more prominent outside of the BeatBattle forum. I think that if the rest of the forum users knew about any current voting they would have a quick listen and vote. It's just that the BB forum is kinda tucked away. I think it should take a more prominent role in the forum as a whole.
By harry.ethics Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:49 am
Totally agree... I was a bit disappointed at the voting turn out. That said , I'm a forum regular (off topic crew represent 8) ) and just as guilty for not participating in previous battle votes. It would be good to drum up a bit more buzz around these battles. I wonder if we could implement it into off topic during the vote? Food for thought. :nod:
By mastasteez Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:01 am
Maybe mods should treat this as an obligation???