Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By mainiakist Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:58 pm
im in thiis! going to use fl studio with the sp 404 and run it through a tube compressor for some warmth :smoker:
By sirparksalot Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:55 am
just entered mine
By dantuf Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:12 pm
mainiakist wrote:heres my version....i went with the original cuts used and did some bassline filtering and layering.... THE NEW SOUNDCLOUD IS GARBAGE it wont let me post the beat in the proper forum for some stupid reason....so help me please!

https://soundcloud.com/mainiakist/mpcbb-22

oh man , i just looked at soundcloud...

what have they done .. errrgh!!

if you share to group MPC-Forum Beat Battles it will be moderated and made public on the 11th along with the other entries :)
hope that helps
By CHOPFYT Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:30 pm
gonna have a go at this one although i think a lot of these will come out similar plus killah priest nailed it with 'happy' and about 50 other people including ATCQ, Intelligent Hoodlum, Tupac, Pharcyde, Slum Village, Artifacts...

By KappNeffect Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:41 pm
shank carvin wrote:gonna have a go at this one although i think a lot of these will come out similar plus killah priest nailed it with 'happy' and about 50 other people including ATCQ, Intelligent Hoodlum, Tupac, Pharcyde, Slum Village, Artifacts...

Didn't know they used it lol... I scarcely used THAT sample though so I am cool...

EDIT-- "Happy" is suuuuper simple. If you said he nailed it, then the others must be horrible.
By CHOPFYT Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:29 pm
just think the song as a whole is the best that used it its a good song so its hard to avoid the obvious
By Funkologist Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:50 pm
shank carvin wrote:gonna have a go at this one although i think a lot of these will come out similar plus killah priest nailed it with 'happy' and about 50 other people including ATCQ, Intelligent Hoodlum, Tupac, Pharcyde, Slum Village, Artifacts..

Word.
By S.I.C.K THE DRUMGOD Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:13 am
@ Mr.Carvin

I'm a fan of your work.

Yeah, I'm not as enthusiastic about the sample. I listened to the song several times and don't see many new avenues to go. Taking away outside synths was a handicap.Don't expect anything too great from me.Whoever turns these leftovers into a sonic smorgasbord is the man.
By KappNeffect Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:24 am
S.I.C.K THE DRUMGOD wrote:Taking away outside synths was a handicap..

lol... damn, get some other joints in there... I honestly try to stay away from synth..

Hear this??? DOOOOPE ...

No synths :lol:
By CHOPFYT Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:12 am
S.I.C.K THE DRUMGOD wrote:@ Mr.Carvin

I'm a fan of your work.

Yeah, I'm not as enthusiastic about the sample. I listened to the song several times and don't see many new avenues to go. Taking away outside synths was a handicap.Don't expect anything too great from me.Whoever turns these leftovers into a sonic smorgasbord is the man.

:mrgreen: thanks dude

i spose it may force people to go that little bit further with their versions and maybe go outside the box...we will see
By mainiakist Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:22 pm
soundcloud finally fixed its issue and i got my track entered. like i said i just went with the original cause i wanted to flip it my own way. plus with only 2 minutes i guess i chose what i thought would make the most feeling in that short time...

<iframe width="100%" height="166" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.soundcloud.com%2Ftracks%2F69954677?"></iframe>