Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By clvvvddd@ Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:17 pm
Xmas Beat Battle: (BB 23) - 1st Prize: 5000 Drums From MPC-Samples.com!

alright dantuf I'm just gonna get it started hope that it's OK :smoker:

yo thanks for the votes, I make this here music for myself and exclusively for fun but I truly appreciate when other people can enjoy it!! this forum is a good way to get something done and improve on a regulair basis, along with hearing many other talented ways of creativity!!

right.... to the challenge;
it's gonna be a long sample this time, but that means plenty of material..
including open bass, loads of vibes, drum solo/break all freely availible..
so fellas'.. that's all you'll have for this round! :nod:
USE ONLY SAMPLES FROM THIS TRACK!*
get creative with the chops, do some heavy eq'ing - crazy effects whatever you gotta do and sample what you need from the track and don't be sad that this is all you'll have to work with.
26 minutes of sound, surely there must be something in there that you can tweak to your liking!

*(on a side note, if you can't get the drums to sounds like something you'd use, I'm going to allow layering with your own drums with the provided break(which is at the last 5 minutes of the song [but open drums throughout the song really, so only use this wildcard if everything else fails))

hope this shit makes sense and please, do have fun with it!!

peace
thanks to logick we now have a 320 version, better quality almost full circle
download sample here:
>>> http://www.mediafire.com/?sbxrl7qkeycjbv4 <<<

alternative mirrors;
432101234.mp3 - 24.0 Mb
mirror dos;
http://www.sendspace.com/file/cukabu
^same file different host

* 2 minute running limit
* You do NOT need to use an MPC in your beat
* 1 entry per person
* flip the chosen sample however you want.
* outside drums partly allowed
* outside synthesizers not allowed. nein
* no acapellas - nein
* short vocal samples allowed, but preferably from the sample
* cuts/scratches allowed (if anyone really wants to)
(edit)OPTIONAL ADDED RULE; any interview or sun ra speaking material is allowed to chop and use for the track.. let's make this a tribute.

1) Join the MPC-Forums.com Beat Battles Group: http://soundcloud.com/groups/mpc-forums ... at-battles
2) Upload the beat to your own soundcloud page - please make it downloadable
3) Make sure it includes the battle number in the title - i.e. BB#23. If it doesn't we might think it's a random spam beat and delete it
4) Share the beat with the forum group via the 'share to group' button

ADDED BY MPC-TUTOR:

Entries By: Friday 21st
Winner announced Mon 24th
Last edited by clvvvddd@ on Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By clvvvddd@ Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:26 pm
oh and if anyone knows when deadline will be, please share!! this is just so you can get started and have a chance to hear the sample in good time with these rules(y)
By TepaphoneMP Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:27 pm
Congratulations clvd@!

Enjoying the limitations of your rules and am beginning the journey through the labyrinthine sample now.

By the way, could you let us know the name of the track?
Last edited by TepaphoneMP on Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By clvvvddd@ Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:33 pm
TepaphoneMP wrote:Congratulations clvd@!

Enjoying the limitations of your rules and am beginning the journey through the labyrinthine sample now.

By the way, could you let us know the name of the track?

of course, this track is from sun ra - track is called disco 3000 from the album with the same name. a lot of his stuff is real interesting, a man worth researching!

ah lol just saw yr edit, yes indeed it's a original, not sure which version tho.. it is not the live milan one I think..
here's the cover;
By TepaphoneMP Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:07 pm
Cool, thanks man! I'm finding HQ versions of the damn Milan one everywhere, but I can only find a slightly better mp3 of the version you uploaded on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb49EZ1fyp4

I read there's a Yard Art CD box set that included a remastered version with an orange cover called "Disco 3000 2012 Edition"...no luck finding that either.
By clvvvddd@ Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:22 pm
I've seen the 2012 reissue as well, all I know is that it availible for purchase, but haven't heard the quality of it yet. It sells for 18£ on boomcat.com.
also tepaphoone if you looking for any in particulair, I have an odd amount of 60 sun ra albums on my harddrive I'd be happy to upload.

if anyone would be interested, I uploaded whole album (on the cover above) here;
Disco_3000.rar - 40.6 Mb

and thanks for adding the dates MPC TUTOR!! I hope people bring their best even more now that there is prize involved :)
peace
By TepaphoneMP Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:50 pm
Thanks for the offer man...I just got some Sun Ra that needs picking through ;-)

I've been wanting to explore more jazz for sampling, so if you've got any smooth/cool jazz artist recommendations I'd love to look them up and check them out.

Already did a Wendell Harrison raid thanks to ..j0ndis' contribution to the new STBB. Wendell is the sh1t and I'd never heard of him until today.
By TepaphoneMP Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:33 pm
logick1 wrote:i just found a better quality d'l of the sample

here it is if anyone wants it

this one's 320 peace

Nice! The high's are really intact on this one.
By clvvvddd@ Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:40 pm
i'lll get working on a list with possible names for you and if you know any bossa nova, brasilian or universal i'd love if we could trade!

man logick good find, thanks for the link I've updated the topic with the version you supplied!

peace

edit; just downloaded that wendell track, sure is sweet!! gotta get working asap, just a few more listens
By jimmie Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:40 am
clvvvddd@ wrote:USE ONLY SAMPLES FROM THIS TRACK!*

:smoker:

bout time
By mainiakist Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:44 pm
hmmmmnn i gotta mix a live show tonight but maybe ill get to it tomorrow....or maybe ill start it i the meantime..
By dantuf Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:10 pm
Congratulations to clvvvddd@!!! nicely done :nod:
all good man for setting up , had a mad busy day yesterday..

nice sample and rules..

Tutor will sort out deadline for entries as he is currently thinking of a prize too :-D

merry beat making
By CHOPFYT Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:09 pm
hmmm should be fun pulling sounds out of that mess :twisted:

im gonna struggle with the drums so prob have to import some outside hits thats ok tho right?