Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By Obi-Dan-Kenobi Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:58 pm
shank carvin wrote:hmmm should be fun pulling sounds out of that mess :twisted:

im gonna struggle with the drums so prob have to import some outside hits thats ok tho right?

Dude there is a huge chunk of drums at the end chop em up!! they're lovely, no outside anything you really don't need it, what do you think they did back in the day, with just a tape deck.
By CHOPFYT Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:07 pm
dunno man, we're not back in the day

pretty sure heads used more than one song too its called over dubbing :mrgreen:
By djerratic Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:54 pm
I finished up a couple beats.

Question mainly about the drums...The sample kind of applies too.

How would you know if someone really freaked them to sound different from the original? Should we include a live morph in the beat to show how it is done? What if it's your secret? And you also said "partly". I assume layering is alrite? pitching alrite? adsr alrite? We can exhaust all fine tuning to make it sound unrecognizable. Not to mention, there are hundreds of effects.. Or am i thinking too much? :hmmm:
By clvvvddd@ Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:45 am
djerratic wrote:I finished up a couple beats.

How would you know if someone really freaked them to sound different from the original? Should we include a live morph in the beat to show how it is done? What if it's your secret? And you also said "partly". I assume layering is alrite? pitching alrite? adsr alrite? We can exhaust all fine tuning to make it sound unrecognizable. Not to mention, there are hundreds of effects.. Or am i thinking too much? :hmmm:

yo honestly I don't care, I wrote "do what ever you have to(with the sample)* to make it sound like something you can use.. I'd prefer only sample material and no outside stuff at all but I wrote the instructions partly different.. if people use their own drums or tweak it unreconizeable so be it, my idea was to use the provided song exclusively but added the layering part incase - I won't be doing detectives duty on the upload day and point out people who have done it different, someone else be the judge. it's a challenge to grow first of all and for fun, so if people care to sit down with the supplied 26 minutes of sound and work only with that, kudos. but whatever you decide to do, have fun with it!

peace
By S.I.C.K THE DRUMGOD Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:54 am
Take my following comment with a grain of sarcasm. This is the WORSE piece of "music "I ever heard. Sonic torture, a musical malaise if you will.Terrible terrible terrible. LOL

You ever felt messed up from watching too much pron. ?That's the feeling. I can't wait to erase this.I know jazz is improvisational but this is overkill. Lol

Maybe after this blunt kicks in....but nah..
By djerratic Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:19 am
clvvvddd@ wrote:
djerratic wrote:I finished up a couple beats.

yo honestly I don't care, I wrote "do what ever you have to(with the sample)* to make it sound like something you can use.. I'd prefer only sample material and no outside stuff at all but I wrote the instructions partly different.. if people use their own drums or tweak it unreconizeable so be it, my idea was to use the provided song exclusively but added the layering part incase - I won't be doing detectives duty on the upload day and point out people who have done it different, someone else be the judge. it's a challenge to grow first of all and for fun, so if people care to sit down with the supplied 26 minutes of sound and work only with that, kudos. but whatever you decide to do, have fun with it!

peace

Alrite got it. I was thinking too much. I like the sample only material style. Thanks for the sample also. There's so much in there to rock with.
By djerratic Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:21 am
S.I.C.K THE DRUMGOD wrote:Take my following comment with a grain of sarcasm. This is the WORSE piece of "music "I ever heard. Sonic torture, a musical malaise if you will.Terrible terrible terrible. LOL

You ever felt messed up from watching too much pron. ?That's the feeling. I can't wait to erase this.I know jazz is improvisational but this is overkill. Lol

That's what i thought at first. but when you dig deep into the sample there is a shit ton of melodies and parts to chop up...
when blunted.
By es-k Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:05 am
S.I.C.K THE DRUMGOD wrote:Take my following comment with a grain of sarcasm. This is the WORSE piece of "music "I ever heard. Sonic torture, a musical malaise if you will.Terrible terrible terrible. LOL

haha now i really cant wait to hear this sample
By logick Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:55 am
iv'e got all the parts i want, an i got quite a few, but if i had to sit down an listen to

the whole thing again i think i would of been sectioned. their is some cool parts when

you dig into it but i can't sit through another 26 minutes again.

this must be the hardest challenge since the battles started.
Last edited by logick on Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Obi-Dan-Kenobi Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:10 am
shank carvin wrote:dunno man, we're not back in the day

pretty sure heads used more than one song too its called over dubbing :mrgreen:

Your right shank it's not back in the day it's Now always will be, they did'nt overdub they play, pause, record,chop, chop, chop, the loops or switch between the tape with one beat to another, how you gonna overdub ona street corner whilst getting patted down due to the terrorism law when your just breakdancing :mrgreen:
By Obi-Dan-Kenobi Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:13 pm
logick1 wrote:iv'e got all the parts i want, an i got quite a few, but if i had to sit down an listen to

the whole thing again i think i would of been sectioned. their is some cool parts when

you dig into it but i can't sit through another 26 minutes again.

this must be the hardest challenge the battles started.

Funny and true :lol: