Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By Perrin&Tonic Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:50 am
KappNeffect wrote:Just this one sample then? No other samples to be used?

Blending samples is more sophisticated and creative. Although I want the focus to remain on the sample provided, using that as the main ingredient...for a battle it makes it more simple for everybody...if its a short percussive / vocal sample, that's fine. But if we allow any additional samples, hypotheticaly you could make an entirely new beat, and just add a snipet of the sample provided...sorta defeats the purpose. So I hope that's not a deal breaker for you. Besides, using outside bass loosens it up a bit.

My aim is that hopefully people will work with this and come up w something cool, something new, that they would not have already. And at the same time, make it somewhat challenging...make it fun, make it interesting, make it sound f**kin dope!

I'm also just going off the basic rules of the predecessors. Maybe we are due for a battle, in which the only rule is the time running limit?
By Perrin&Tonic Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:52 am
clvvvddd@ wrote:great pick chris and congrats!
can't get to my 2000 so made something with fruity loops and some earplugs instead,
disregard my entry if this one is mpc only.. or if the mix is unlistenable lol.. good fun with it!
peace

Yea FL is fine. Does not have to be mpc...sorry if I didn't set that in the rules.
By wellfunk Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:44 am
Ok back from a winter vacation :smoker: It's on! like Donkey Kong!!!

I hope to see some dope shit with this =)
By pk1 Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:34 am
chrisperrin wrote:
KappNeffect wrote:Just this one sample then? No other samples to be used?

Blending samples is more sophisticated and creative. Although I want the focus to remain on the sample provided, using that as the main ingredient...for a battle it makes it more simple for everybody...if its a short percussive / vocal sample, that's fine. But if we allow any additional samples, hypotheticaly you could make an entirely new beat, and just add a snipet of the sample provided...sorta defeats the purpose. So I hope that's not a deal breaker for you. Besides, using outside bass loosens it up a bit.

My aim is that hopefully people will work with this and come up w something cool, something new, that they would not have already. And at the same time, make it somewhat challenging...make it fun, make it interesting, make it sound f**kin dope!

I'm also just going off the basic rules of the predecessors. Maybe we are due for a battle, in which the only rule is the time running limit?
By Obi-Dan-Kenobi Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:53 pm
FUN!!!!! :mrgreen: do not forget this do not get obsessed with rules, things change around you when you start to obey too literally, you block your right hemisphere from working, thats the creative side of your brain, so how the hell can you make anything if your thinking about rules, time limits, right and wrong. Do not need a "Well rules exist because...." reply, fun rules,= fun beats, = happy beatmaker, = meaning of life!!
By dmcsb Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:03 pm
Obi-Dan-Kenobi wrote:FUN!!!!! :mrgreen: do not forget this do not get obsessed with rules, things change around you when you start to obey too literally, you block your right hemisphere from working, thats the creative side of your brain, so how the hell can you make anything if your thinking about rules, time limits, right and wrong. Do not need a "Well rules exist because...." reply, fun rules,= fun beats, = happy beatmaker, = meaning of life!!

:nod: you right dude
By clvvvddd@ Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:46 pm
dmcsb wrote:
Obi-Dan-Kenobi wrote:FUN!!!!! :mrgreen: do not forget this do not get obsessed with rules, things change around you when you start to obey too literally, you block your right hemisphere from working, thats the creative side of your brain, so how the hell can you make anything if your thinking about rules, time limits, right and wrong. Do not need a "Well rules exist because...." reply, fun rules,= fun beats, = happy beatmaker, = meaning of life!!

:nod: you right dude

no doubt! I'm having crazyy good time with tthis sample... probably end up with four flips lol
By martinisawesome Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:25 pm
Congrats on the win chrisperrin... Fantastic sample choice (get it? Fantastic? HAHAHAHA), especially considering how Mr. Yancey's birthday is coming up in a few weeks... My only question is this: Where did you find/download that LP? I was only able to download the first LP that Miguel Atwood-Ferguson released, which unfortunately contains 4 songs... I'd buy it, but I can't really find it here in Argentina.
By inflict3 Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:24 am
nope, im sittin this one out :(
By S.I.C.K THE DRUMGOD Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:58 pm
I think we should stay more within the original guidelines of the battle even if it means I never get a vote or win.LOL

Want a bassline ?filter one from the sample and 12-16 level the sample.Done.People have been making dope stuff so far alot of which is FRESH and ORIGINAL.Just my humble opinion.
By dantuf Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:51 pm
dmcsb wrote:hey guys , my beat i mast post in akai tutor group ??? :hmmm:
my beat is done

hello .. you need to share to group from soundcloud - MPC-Forums Beat Battles :-D