Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Who's Gonna Win Battle 26

N/A
N/A
38%
4%
N/A
13%
8%
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
4%
21%
N/A
13%
N/A
By miscend Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:28 pm
Was a lot closer this week and a lot harder to pick a clear winner. And I spent a decent amount of time going through them. Obi Dan Kenobi, Tepa phone, Chris Perrin and Sova Animal all stood out. But I'll give it to ES-K this week, his beat just sounds the most polished.
By Dom Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:27 am
ChrisPerrin +1
I like those juxtaposed notes [Quincy] and transposing chords [Van Halen] and how they fit into your beat.

Tepaphone,
I liked the soundscape and how the vocals built upon it, but it's a double-edged sword with the vocals --- thereby giving the impression of it ending too quickly, in my opinion. There was a time limit for the competition, I know, but it is what it is.

note: there were other beats I liked. :-D

I appreciate the comment, thanks pk1!

note:
I don't know how to - yet - make another pattern on the Octatrack, or, at least make sense of what I'm doing, :nod: , so it's a four bar pattern [64 beats?] , repeated with various mutes/unmutes [7 out of 8 tracks used, I think] being played live and recorded into a portable recorder [Olympus LS100]. Haha. :lol: Yeah.

I'm excited for the next one here!

Besides, SP-forums [which requires an SP to enter the competitions], anywhere else I should look for beat battles?

I need practice.
By Obi-Dan-Kenobi Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:56 am
Dom wrote:ChrisPerrin +1
I like those juxtaposed notes [Quincy] and transposing chords [Van Halen] and how they fit into your beat.

Tepaphone,
I liked the soundscape and how the vocals built upon it, but it's a double-edged sword with the vocals --- thereby giving the impression of it ending too quickly, in my opinion. There was a time limit for the competition, I know, but it is what it is.

note:
I don't know how to - yet - make another pattern on the Octatrack, or, at least make sense of what I'm doing, :nod: , so it's a four bar pattern [64 beats?] , repeated with various mutes/unmutes [7 out of 8 tracks used, I think] being played live and recorded into a portable recorder [Olympus LS100]. Haha. :lol: Yeah.

Besides, SP-forums [which requires an SP to enter the competitions], anywhere else I should look for beat battles?

I need practice.

Stones Throw, UGHH, and soon Maschine Masters.
By pk1 Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:22 pm
Dom wrote:ChrisPerrin +1

Tepaphone,

note:

I need practice.

no sweat bro, you are on the right track.
By inflict3 Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:44 pm
i went with Tre Cipher... muhfuka went ape shit on some muhfukaz!! :nod:
By PublicDomainTheBeatsmith Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:06 pm
So, I'm new to this whole thing but I'm considering joining in this beat battle forum, so, my vote goes to: Es-K. Dope drops, Dope percussion, feelin' it fosho.
By dantuf Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:36 am
PublicDomainTheBeatsmith wrote:So, I'm new to this whole thing but I'm considering joining in this beat battle forum, so, my vote goes to: Es-K. Dope drops, Dope percussion, feelin' it fosho.

Welcome to PublicDomainTheBeatsmith :smoker:
By dantuf Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:45 am
Quality of beats this battle is high !!! good show

gonna listen again before I make my vote..

Also MPC-tutor said we can do this weekly if everyone is up for that ? lets do a head count on yay or nay, I quite like the fortnightly style as it give me a chance to find free time and take part but that just my 2 cents...

what dya reckon ????

By pk1 Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:48 am
weekly
By Dom Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:59 am
Obi-Dan-Kenobi wrote:Stones Throw, UGHH, and soon Maschine Masters.

Thanks man, I'll look into them. Though, I might not have to, if there's one here a week. :-D
By inflict3 Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:00 am
When's the next battle getting posted???