Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By AnimalSova Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:45 pm
1) Join the MPC-Forums.com Beat Battles Group: http://soundcloud.com/groups/mpc-forums ... t-battles/
2) Upload the beat to your own soundcloud page - please make it downloadable
3) Make sure it includes the battle number in the title - i.e. BB#14. If it doesn't we might think it's a random spam beat and delete it
4) Share the beat with the forum group via the 'share to group' button
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You must use 2 song samples.
Pick one drum break from track and flip it and make chops from
second track...sry but my english is bad so i cant explain to much...just make music....peace

-Flip sample(s) however you want
-OUTSIDE DRUMS/PERCUSSION OK
-OUTSIDE SYNTHS NOT ALLOWED
-OUTSIDE BASS OK
-Short vocal samples OK
-Scratches OK
-Please dont vote for yourself

here are the samples:

Chops : http://www.sendspace.com/file/vrxd1m
Drums : http://www.sendspace.com/file/9sr5ul
By clvvvddd@ Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:10 pm
AnimalSova wrote:...just make music....peace

:nod: :nod: :nod:

congrats on the win!! just downloaded the samples, damn that's some feisty breaks!! thanks a lot mon, the chop sample is certainly something special too.. will definitely enjoy this one. peace
By dantuf Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:05 pm
HUNGRYMAN wrote:Hey fellas. First time joining up. What's the deadline on this one?

Welcome HUNGRYMAN !!!
Deadline is Wednesday 6th March 6pm EST - 11pm GMT
By stan steez Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:46 am
Congrats to the win!

But man, theses drums are a bunch of crap! Totally overlimited, squashed and the sound like shit. Listen to the Bassdrum in the 3rd break alone. Totally distorted.

Could you upload something in higher quality? I got hundreds of breaks lying around in better quality if you need one.

PEaCE
By inflict3 Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:26 am
Ima have to check this out..
By Teaks Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:30 pm
es-k wrote: quickeee :smoker:

That's big! Looking forward to getting on this one
By dreameater Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:01 pm
stan steez wrote:Congrats to the win!

But man, theses drums are a bunch of ****! Totally overlimited, squashed and the sound like ****. Listen to the Bassdrum in the 3rd break alone. Totally distorted.

Could you upload something in higher quality? I got hundreds of breaks lying around in better quality if you need one.

PEaCE

I could be wrong, but when it says outside drums ok, I do believe you can do what you want... If you don't like the way they sound, use different ones or chop and layer with drums of your choice... That said, this is my first time jumping into the fun, so I could be mistaken.

[edit: looks like it is only the latter of those options I listed, since it says to pick one and flip it... Is that correct? ]
By Teaks Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:28 pm
Got mine up - first time on the battle though, so not 100% sure I shared it right with the soundcloud group? Here it is anyway...

By Obi-Dan-Kenobi Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:13 am
Stan is right, the mans ear is finely tuned, had to convert the drum breaks to 32bit wav then normalize them to what they original peak at, but the third break, could only layer it to hide the distortion, even the main sample has got digital distortion, I have a clean version, that I'll put up on sound cloud, if anyone wants it.
By dreameater Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:21 am
@Obi-Dan

Stan is certainly right, I was just trying to spin the bad attitude a bit and suggest some constructive ways of working with the samples provided. The samples were certainly clipping, with more needle pop/static than I am used to.

Perhaps I just assumed that if someone was going to layer the drums, it would take a bit of tweaking or even processing . . . personally, I see it as less of a chore, because it is something I know I need to practice anyway. But then again, I thought that is what these friendly competitions were for :mrgreen: I have always been told I have a strange sense of "fun," because I like unexpected challenges. Sometimes knowing how to deal with what I am given is part of the "fun."