Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Who's Gonna Win Battle 29

35%
24%
12%
6%
N/A
N/A
N/A
24%
By dantuf Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:55 pm
Voting Ends/winner announced: Friday 8th March 6pm EST - 11pm GMT.
Next Battle posted by Winner: Saturday 9th February Early as possible.

Check The Beats Here:

http://soundcloud.com/groups/mpc-forums ... at-battles

Look out only for beats with BB#29 in the title

VOTING

All forum members can vote
Just select your favourite beat from the poll
Even if you didn't make a beat you can vote.
Please post comments/critiques in this topic - you are also free to tell us who you voted for
If you make a beat - PLEASE VOTE
------------------------------------------
Good Luck everyone

By Teaks Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:00 pm
Shouts to HUNGRYM4N, but think my vote's gotta go to Es-K once again!
By S.I.C.K THE DRUMGOD Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:50 pm
ANIMAL SOVA gets my vote.Always consistent with his shyt.He needs to make the track downloadable.HINT HINT motherphukker.LOL

seriously...props!
By jimmie Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:59 pm
Obi Dan this time for me. Soundin nice. All the freq's are there.
Beats are def tighter than b4 (although I haven't heard the last few BB's). I figure you always like to go for the loose style, but this time you actually have loose and tight at the same time, which is the trick :nod:
lol, I aint sayin I'm an expert... just an observation.

Liked HUNGRYM4N's tune. Intro a bit long but the main tune is d0pe, although needs to sound clearer (bring those frequencies out).

Although, Soundcloud's sound quality is def getting worse IMO. Sounds a lot muddier than before.

Loved Es-k's bassline.

My 2 pence. Personal opinion is personal :smoker:

What speakers/monitors do you use SovaAnimal?
By Toothflesh Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:23 am
Sova's beat was dope but Obi-Dan-Penny was straight quality so my vote goes to him
By pk1 Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:31 pm
this time make NO rules. cause this guy never follows em. nice outside synth.

what the hell are rules even posted for?

word up tomQ. mix needed word, simple but nice groove bro.
By Obi-Dan-Kenobi Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:47 pm
pk1 wrote:this time make NO rules. cause this guy never follows em. nice outside synth.

what the hell are rules even posted for?

word up tomQ. mix needed word, simple but nice groove bro.

Outside bass was allowed, it's a sampled bass synth the only rule that I always break is the time limit, if you want to split hairs.
By pk1 Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:05 pm
Not really. I knew you were going to say that. Don't want to argue with you. But I know your pretty savvy with your music stuff. So u know when u load a synth bass and don't use the BASS octaves... Well it's not a bass but a synth. The synth made your track doper. I feel what your doing..

This is not really fun when people don't follow rules. They are there to create structure and generally a challenge. Hence the short timelines u reference ignoring.

Golden rule style of living bru...

Retrospect this... You win and create the rule you spoke of "I'll make it a rule to have a 20 min track" . When u look at submissions most of us said. " nah, he never followed the timelines I'm only doing an intro/verse/hook buck him!
Id emagine you'd feel a little disrespected. Just a though man.

Rules or not nice track though.
By HUNGRYMAN Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:40 pm
I liked the sample. I had too much fun with those choir samples. I built like 20 patterns from them and only the best of, went into the intro. Shouts out to everyone that entered. I enjoyed all the beats.

@Teaks - Thanks man!

@jimmie - No, your right man. Mixing is my downfall. I think I can clean it up with a little EQing. Appreciate the critism.

I don't have any problems with bass synths. I think it's a big part of Hip Hop. Dilla's moog.. 80's techno had a ton of bass synths. The highly sought after Roland TB-303 was invent as a bassline synth, you can make similar sounds on it with distortion.

I'm gonna go with Obi-Dan-Kenobi. I thought the beat was pretty damn rugged.
By Elmar Jestro Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:02 pm
On one hand I definitely agree with pk1. The rules are needed to make the beats comparable!

On the other hand I'm an oldschool guy who thinks "f**k rules"! Where would hiphop be if there weren't any rules/conventions been broken in the last 30 years...

And by the way: Nice work by everyone!
By Obi-Dan-Kenobi Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:20 pm
pk1 wrote:Not really. I knew you were going to say that. Don't want to argue with you. But I know your pretty savvy with your music stuff. So u know when u load a synth bass and don't use the BASS octaves... Well it's not a bass but a synth. The synth made your track doper. I feel what your doing..

This is not really fun when people don't follow rules. They are there to create structure and generally a challenge. Hence the short timelines u reference ignoring.

Golden rule style of living bru...

Retrospect this... You win and create the rule you spoke of "I'll make it a rule to have a 20 min track" . When u look at submissions most of us said. " nah, he never followed the timelines I'm only doing an intro/verse/hook buck him!
Id emagine you'd feel a little disrespected. Just a though man.

Rules or not nice track though.

For god sakes man it is a sample of a one hit and it's about frequencies not octaves, I use maschine so no I can't load synths even if I wanted too unless it's massive, which I don't go near as it's cpu hungry and overused, the sound is the way it is because of what I did to it, your very sarcastic for someone that isn't having an argument. :smoker:
By pk1 Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:52 pm
I expressed Zero sarcasm. I really thought you knew what you were doing. Pardon if it came to you that way. Not intended.
By pwinzor Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:08 pm
great beats the vote has to be between Es-K, tomQ and obi dan kenobi.
By dantuf Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:14 am
Really nice different styles this time!!!

good stuff everyone!!

Obi Dan Gets my vote :smoker: