Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Who Tickled Your Fancy ?

N/A
N/A
6%
18%
12%
N/A
35%
N/A
29%
By pk1 Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:06 pm
Perrin&Tonic wrote:Can we post a link to the mpc battles? I haven't had a chance to listen to all the beats and I need to vote!

http://soundcloud.com/groups/mpc-forums ... at-battles
By P-lif Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:22 pm
My vote goes to Obi Dan... Everything sounds so so perfect. Like someone said: much to learn... Damn right.
But Some bond ish is also looping my mind these days... And really great beat by WolfeCuts.

Shouts out to everyone! Thanks for comments and listening!
Next time I'll do my mix. This was my first beat upload ever, and it was nice to hear that some pips felt the flow :P , despite difficulties in hearing what the f was going on under the drums!

Cheers!
By Obi-Dan-Kenobi Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:13 pm
pk1 wrote:well i gues the breakdown is dead.... :Sigh:

everybody is doing this breakup.

great tracks by everyone. im just not a fan of the sped up electro style break/change ups.

iLLlittle dope track
roy dope
wolfs nice and smooth
p-lif really nice. just get your mix on my friend.
hungry all though i didnt feel your track the sonic quality was very nice. good job

and it doesnt matter if he wins every single battle. if his track is hotter he should win every battle. not that it was bad b4 but i think obi has really been tightening up his skills. i used to dislike hearing his drum hits that fell off. of course he isnt quantizing those drums, but lately he is geting much tighter. and its showing in these battles.

good job everyone. we need more voters. we have less votes then beats most weeks.

Jimmie noticed I was getting tighter, it's all down to pad link on maschine, had like 3 kicks layered and like 5 snares they're all out, horrible beats, sounding like some drunk, homeless Flying Lotus with a broken laptop, I hope the way this is all going, we can start to be honest, cos If someone said Yo ODK tighten your shit up, I would of, it needed it big time. It's battling on STBB as well makes you do weird stuff, most of the beats I would not class as Hiphop at all. And I forgot to do a tempo change was going to do a tape stop into a trap beat for just one bar Daym!! :WTF: how come Hungryman gets his own smilie :popcorn: I want one with a hood!!
By HUNGRYMAN Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:39 pm
What in the world is going on in here?! I think the poll is broken! :WTF:

@Viking - I wasn't really feeling it either, that's why I said screw it let's mix. I did think about doing it half time, but the beat already had a slow feell to it by the time I remembered the switch up guideline. I've definitely been a fish out of water with battles. Doing a lot of experimenting. My older stuff on soundcloud is what I used to sound like. lol

@ODK - "sounding like some drunk, homeless Flying Lotus with a broken laptop"
LMAO@!!!! I've read this like 5x and I'm still laughing! Shit .. I can't even type..
Crawling Tulip! Oh damn... Nah, man. I like the sloppiness. I think you have found your own nitch in the live finger drumming. You have definitely developed your own sounds. Some space funk shiznit! Get this man a hooded smiley!

Thanks for the votes, folks!! Means a lot. After way too many deaths in the family and a 4 yr hiatus, I'm just happy to be making music again and sharing ideas with good people all over the globe! Anyways..

ODK, Perrin, and Viking were all close.

I think I'm gonna go with RoyBong! Definitely creative beat.

:popcorn:
By pk1 Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:51 pm
Big ups hungry. Great attitude man.
By pk1 Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:24 pm
We r getting more votes then beats this time. This is a good thing. Glad to se more outside participation.
By Obi-Dan-Kenobi Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:11 am
pk1 wrote:We r getting more votes then beats this time. This is a good thing. Glad to se more outside participation.

Who is it though :hmmm: , Hungers time to choose something special, and get that ball rolling when ya ready, congrats dude, and all of you there's some dam fine talent here that I'm chuffed to see evolve.
By Obi-Dan-Kenobi Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:22 pm
HUNGRYMAN wrote:What in the world is going on in here?! I think the poll is broken! :WTF:

@Viking - I wasn't really feeling it either, that's why I said screw it let's mix. I did think about doing it half time, but the beat already had a slow feell to it by the time I remembered the switch up guideline. I've definitely been a fish out of water with battles. Doing a lot of experimenting. My older stuff on soundcloud is what I used to sound like. lol

@ODK - "sounding like some drunk, homeless Flying Lotus with a broken laptop"
LMAO@!!!! I've read this like 5x and I'm still laughing! **** .. I can't even type..
Crawling Tulip! Oh damn... Nah, man. I like the sloppiness. I think you have found your own nitch in the live finger drumming. You have definitely developed your own sounds. Some space funk shiznit! Get this man a hooded smiley!

Thanks for the votes, folks!! Means a lot. After way too many deaths in the family and a 4 yr hiatus, I'm just happy to be making music again and sharing ideas with good people all over the globe! Anyways..

ODK, Perrin, and Viking were all close.

I think I'm gonna go with RoyBong! Definitely creative beat.

:popcorn:

Crawling Tulip :lol: dumb fool I am only just got it !!!!
By HUNGRYMAN Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:49 pm
Sorry fellas, I just got back to the house. I was trying to get something setup up late last night, I had vinyl all over the place. Working on it now... should be up in the next hour or so... :popcorn: