Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By HUNGRYMAN Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:30 pm
On #2 what I had in mind, is that when the deadline is up and we are voting, that everyone who votes leaves a comment (I guess in the forum) about each beat and if there was anything that they thought could be better about a particular person's song.

If anyone doesn't have the time that's understandable, but if you have the time, drop a line or two about each beat. We are just trying to open friendly dialogue in the form of constructive criticism. It can be positive, negative, or both. Just keep it friendly and clean.

:popcorn:
By JamesJeffery Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:38 pm
bliprock wrote:what does rule 2 mean?

and :lol: at Jamesjeffery for not knowing his sample rates
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bro, I was like "wtf is going on here". Keep in my mind I've not touched the MPC for 12+ months. Then I thought **** it, just record it straight in like I would off vinyl. All good though, the job got done in the end.

We need some more battles in here. I enjoy them, they're a challenge to contend with other members. Was tempted to head over to stones throw but don't wanna cheat on my compadres.

@es-k I need to learn how you do them drums. So dope!
By HUNGRYMAN Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:56 am
JamesJeffery wrote: Was tempted to head over to stones throw but don't wanna cheat on my compadres.

A good amount of the people that are entering in here are also doing the STBB. I'd jump on it, man. :nod:
By Obi-Dan-Kenobi Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:06 pm
JamesJeffery wrote:
bliprock wrote:what does rule 2 mean?

and :lol: at Jamesjeffery for not knowing his sample rates
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bro, I was like "wtf is going on here". Keep in my mind I've not touched the MPC for 12+ months. Then I thought **** it, just record it straight in like I would off vinyl. All good though, the job got done in the end.

We need some more battles in here. I enjoy them, they're a challenge to contend with other members. Was tempted to head over to stones throw but don't wanna cheat on my compadres.

@es-k I need to learn how you do them drums. So dope!

Jump on STBB, dam good intense learning ground, every Saturday, this one should drop every other Saturday!! be careful though it's addictive, hard to stop once you start but worth every minute. :nod: you got till Thursday morning to knock up a beat for STBB.
By HUNGRYMAN Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:04 pm
Obi-Dan-Kenobi wrote:
bliprock wrote:wtf, loop pack sample beat half stepppin **** what :Sigh:

Loop pack sample beat, who, where :hmmm:

:hmmm: Whaaa? You better pass that thing, mang.. :smoker:
By bliprock Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:07 am
Why are you guys posting here anyways, and not on the MPC-Forums.com Beat Battle Soundcloud page??
Es-K has. I put mine up to. I guess me and es-k are done then and you guys are still working on em?
I did mine in a day and am finished. I felt it was done at this point. Props for sample choices, liked it a lot.
This is a straight up rough 4 track to, not even mastered. just normalized. Though i do track through compressors for added oomph and snap.

By KappNeffect Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:27 am
bliprock wrote:Why are you guys posting here anyways, and not on the MPC-Forums.com Beat Battle Soundcloud page??
Es-K has. I put mine up to. I guess me and es-k are done then and you guys are still working on em?

Chill... we have to get APPROVED first..

After we get approved-- then you can see us.

lmao.. Es-K approves on that page so his will show up ...yours shows because you submitted it, but doesn't mean it is approved..

:lol: ..rookie.
By S.I.C.K THE DRUMGOD Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:14 pm
Almost done.with mine.Ive become so used to the sample only rule,I havent touched any of my other gear.I have a formula now which may be a.blessing or curse.These battles taught me alot.
By Perfect 5th Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:15 am
Had creative troubles with this one, but committed to at least make something out of whatever sample is posted to force myself to develop.