Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Which Beat Gladiator Tickled Your Fancy

N/A
6%
19%
31%
6%
N/A
N/A
6%
N/A
N/A
6%
N/A
6%
N/A
N/A
N/A
6%
N/A
13%
By Vavoom Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:44 pm
when i read my reply again i w as nnoticing Hungry missed in my text.
went back to my notebook i saw i had written another page with notes.
Sorry guys - i smoke weed alot :smoker:

Borat
Dope Chill Vibe- Tight Drums
Dope break - Cool Chopgame.

BlipRockhustler

Chillax! Very Nice Flip!
Cool Chopgame - dope breaks - felt the dopeness!

HUNGRYMAN
Dope intro,nice use of beatbox/chops
Relax Goodvibe and dope vocalcuts
Thnx for the goodies this battle!Really had fun.

Don Blake
You made a dope song! HiphopLove!
Goosebumps hearing brotha 2pac and uncle ODB - i fav'd it too-Nuff Said

Ivoryking
Very NIce beat, nice use of samples.
Tight drums , really banging the love into a beatmaker's ears ,that ruffle!!

Peace again! :smoker:
By P-lif Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:16 am
Lady Slowblood --- it’s like stepping in to the room with too much light (your eyes hurts), and you can’t get out. Interesting, trippy and open-minded.

Jack The Rippa --- really enjoying it! Like that breezy atmosphere. Both themes are great. Drums fits perfect, everything in it’s place

Side B --- Just great. So groovy. That kick’s swing impresses me.

Quick Strike – Good production. Portamento nostalgy...

Borat --- Very nice. Both themes and the way they communicate. Hard core stuff. Color of the bass is right and sound of the drums. Everything matches.

BlipRockHustler – Nice flip, very nice, melodic, mellow. Bass line also. Just drums are not fitting in some way.

HUNGRYM4N – Virtuoso flip!!!

Don Blake – I like this joint. That light vibe.

Ivoryviking – The flipage is great, one of the best, so jazzy and cool! But I don’t feel the connection between guitar sample and the drums. I imagine some more grooveable kit. And I think I miss the bass line a bit, especially in the second part of the song. Nevertheless, one of the best flips for my taste.

P-lif --- Maybe you can cheat on others with your slicky bounce-bounce, but, cat, you should learn how to mix a song. Remember that: or you’re phony!. (Btw: my drums are made just of beatbox sample – it’s not missing.)

Nomagrof -- Very original flip. Legato bass notes are the right thing. Just don’t feel that DnB part belongs to the same song, although I like it.

KappNeffect – One of the best tracks for me on bb32. That banging simplicity! Those drums! Perfect production. Great work.

Elmar Jestro – Original idea. Nice worm atmosphere.

Perfect 5th – Nice chops. Maybe the snare is too flat.

Sick the drumgod – Ghetto anthem. Great usage of that vocal sample.

Runme Raw - What to say... So beautifully complex. So delicate. Intelligent art.

Vavoom LaHaye – Great impro tune, very creative, open-minded... Sounding prolific.

Obi Dan Kenobi – SF production. Killer snare. Bass line: wicked. All those spacy sounds! Yet, guitar theme sounds so intimistic, emotional and human.

Es-K – This one won my hart. The beat to be addicted to. Pure music! Those chord changes are so inspiring. Those drums are incomparable. Production of the crystal clear and at the same time worm sound.
By HUNGRYMAN Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:07 am
Vavoom wrote:when i read my reply again i w as nnoticing Hungry missed in my text.
went back to my notebook i saw i had written another page with notes.
Sorry guys - i smoke weed alot :smoker:

:lol: Heheh :)

P-lif wrote:P-lif --- Maybe you can cheat on others with your slicky bounce-bounce, but, cat, you should learn how to mix a song. Remember that: or you’re phony!. (Btw: my drums are made just of beatbox sample – it’s not missing.)

Haha. I'm still horrible at mixing/mastering. Hearing damage doesn't help either. One thing that screwed me up in the early days were I'd always have my speakers cranked up, so my input volume was always low, it really screwed me up when a was recording. Then I would put too much gain on everything and try to EQ the "air" out of the treble. lmao. Definitely always try to get your input and output as loud as you can without clipping, then adjust your monitors/headphones from there. I'm not the best for advice on this, some of these other guys could give you better tips. But your getting comments on your mix because there's not a damn thing wrong with your arrangements. :) Kinda like when you go see your favorite band/group and the sound engineer screws up the whole show. No phoniness there. Oh, you got me on the drums, good tweaking. ;)

P.S. The 'constructive criticism' rule was fun, not too much negative criticism because everyone did so well. I'd like to see someone do a "How it's made" rule. List what or how you used hardware/software/plugins/filters/effects. I think that would be interesting.
By Nomagrof Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:19 am
Many beats this week! Good to see the company to growing. Cheers to the new fellows :)

Few word on each beat. If i say something negative, i do it with goodwill. :)
Here you go...

Lady Snowblood: Dope synths, interesting sound. Just dont feel the sample in the center of the idea.

Jack The Rippa: Really cool. Lovley kick and chops. Beat is crying for an mc :)

side B: Good, just dont really like those drums.

Quick Strike: Great melody, cool modern style.

Borat: Really relaxing. Nice chops. Bass feels a bit weak to me.

BlipRockHustler: Chops are good, drums are weak especially the snare.

HUNGRYM4N: Original, interesting music.

Don Blake: Quality! love those synths!

Ivoryviking: Nice plan, but somehow dont sounds good to me, i mean the mixing. Building is reallí good.

P-lif: Not my style, but ist ok.

[KappNeffect] : Thats it! Beat needs a dope mc.

Elmar Jestro: Nice and colorfull sound. Really different from the others in style. Nice use of brass sounds. Cool.

Perfect 5th: Nice and relaxing. Too mutch betbox to me.

SICK THE DRUMGOD: Its simple good. No more and no less.

Runme Raw: Original! Long tim e no hear a "kunf-fu" style beat like this.

Vavoom LaHaye: Great synths huhh. Bit more chops from the guitarr sample would be great.

Obi-Dan-Kenobi: Simply great. Distroyer. (It would be more heavy with some more dinamic drum formula.)

Es-K: Professional work as always.

Finally Obi got my vote this time.
The runner -up was KappNeffect.

Cheers to everyone, who made a beat for this session. It was a great week!

Peace
By Obi-Dan-Kenobi Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:26 am
Nomagrof wrote:Many beats this week! Good to see the company to growing. Cheers to the new fellows :)

Few word on each beat. If i say something negative, i do it with goodwill. :)
Here you go...

Lady Snowblood: Dope synths, interesting sound. Just dont feel the sample in the center of the idea.

Jack The Rippa: Really cool. Lovley kick and chops. Beat is crying for an mc :)

side B: Good, just dont really like those drums.

Quick Strike: Great melody, cool modern style.

Borat: Really relaxing. Nice chops. Bass feels a bit weak to me.

BlipRockHustler: Chops are good, drums are weak especially the snare.

HUNGRYM4N: Original, interesting music.

Don Blake: Quality! love those synths!

Ivoryviking: Nice plan, but somehow dont sounds good to me, i mean the mixing. Building is reallí good.

P-lif: Not my style, but ist ok.

[KappNeffect] : Thats it! Beat needs a dope mc.

Elmar Jestro: Nice and colorfull sound. Really different from the others in style. Nice use of brass sounds. Cool.

Perfect 5th: Nice and relaxing. Too mutch betbox to me.

SICK THE DRUMGOD: Its simple good. No more and no less.

Runme Raw: Original! Long tim e no hear a "kunf-fu" style beat like this.

Vavoom LaHaye: Great synths huhh. Bit more chops from the guitarr sample would be great.

Obi-Dan-Kenobi: Simply great. Distroyer. (It would be more heavy with some more dinamic drum formula.)

Es-K: Professional work as always.

Finally Obi got my vote this time.
The runner -up was KappNeffect.

Cheers to everyone, who made a beat for this session. It was a great week!

Peace

Cheers Holmes much appreciated, drums were to quiet, I do so much heavy stuff, trying to work on a different technique and sound at the moment.
By JamesJeffery Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:48 am
Obi-Dan-Kenobi wrote:Congrats Quick Strike, time to get that sample up, if you can't start the new topic off let me know. Guys how do we feel about compiling a winners list from Battle 1, thinking we could put all the winning beats in a compilation, and shove it onto bandcamp.

That's not a bad idea Obi. It should increase competition, bring more people to the competition, and if you decide to sell for some small change it'll put some money in the kitty too.

I think you should go for it!
By Lady Snowblood Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:51 am
Jack the Rippa:Very relaxed. Loved the use of the beatbox and love the bass.

quickstrike: wonderfull. I like the intro with the flute it likes hypnotises you and brings you to a mellow state and then the beatbox and synths fits perfect.The switch up made me want to dance hahaha

Side B: hard!!!! but also laid back. Love it true HIPHOP.

Borat:It tells a story your beat(in my head). Very relaxed.

BlipRockHustler: Very relaxed. Love the guitar:D

Hungryman: First the name wuhahahahahahhahaahahhahaha. Loved the part of the beatbox, so dope. Love the. Love the melody. PWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA @ your inner monologue

Don Blake: Loved it when the sound/synth came in and the changes of sound, dope

Ivoryviking: like the drumz in the beat

P lif: The highhats hmmm and the relaxed laidback use of the sample:D.

NOMAGROF:Love the swing. liked the drum and base part.

KappNeffect:Love the switch ups, didn;t expect it. The beat was very relaxed

Elmar Jestro:Cowboy meets gypsy:D It made me want to go on a mission, or imagine myself on a mission like Indiana Jones or something.EL maracia wuhahahahahahaha love the wordplay.

Perfect 5th: Love the intro and the beatbox part

Runme Raw very dope, Loved the whole mix, indeed very calm relaxed.

Vavoom: Tjah, what can i say. Love vibration feel it directly. love the synths, the beatbox everything.The way you played with the sounds.

Obi Dan KANOBI: LIKE the vibe, the switch ups, really creative. Nice vibe. There were some hard stuff in it.

ES-K:Loved the whole mix. Very relaxed!
By Obi-Dan-Kenobi Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:05 am
JamesJeffery wrote:
Obi-Dan-Kenobi wrote:Congrats Quick Strike, time to get that sample up, if you can't start the new topic off let me know. Guys how do we feel about compiling a winners list from Battle 1, thinking we could put all the winning beats in a compilation, and shove it onto bandcamp.

That's not a bad idea Obi. It should increase competition, bring more people to the competition, and if you decide to sell for some small change it'll put some money in the kitty too.

Hold on, WE Holmes don't like the I thing, and the other problem is when you set the pole up you can only fit 30 people into it, dunno if you can add another poll on top of it but it would have to be on a different page I think, no money can be Involved the amount of samples that aren't cleared would cause hell on earth, it only takes one numpty to get all funny, and it would end up a right old legality war.
By Runme Raw Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:28 pm
Dope entries - Dope constructive criticism - Dope Community!

I gues i was late to vote , but mine when to P-lif.
that flip was good music in my ears.

Lady Snowblood

Rawish Flip - dope stoned synth play

Jack the Rippa
dope production - cool chopgame

side B
Supa dope 2013 BoomBap - Love it!

Quick Strike
Sweet Great flip! - Dope Style/sound!

Borat

Dope flip - real mpc sound - Sweet&Chill

BlipRockHustler
I really chillaxed on this one! - ill flip fo sho!

Hungry!!!!
Thnx for tha call bro, enjoyed the sample alot!
Great flip -dope beatbox use-dope samplecuts - Real RHP material :wink:

Don Blake
My neck hurts yoi! - Supa production - nice sound

IvoryKing
Supa Dope! - it really boombapped my head
Straight up Hiphop in my ears , Killah organ chop!

P-lif
WOW-SWEET flip!!!! - that bass gave me ''Fancy Tickles''.
You got my vote!

Nomagrof
Bangin flip! - Sweet sounds -ill drums.

KappNeffect
Supa Phat Track! - sounds/drums/viibe -all nice!

Elmar Jestro
Very Dope! - Nice different Style - i know you had fun with the Delay :wink:

Perfect 5th
Perfect Fresh Flip! - you had fun too i can hear - dope drums!

Sick the Drumgod
Smack them intha Face bro! - creative flip!-dope sample use and vocalcuts!

Runme Raw i saw you in the mirror this morning,
i know you from somewhere...............

Vavoom
Lovley medication! - enjoyed it alot cuz!
Had to listen to it 3 times to understand your flip expression in it.Dope!

ODK
Dope Lucid Twisted Apparition!
Real ODKSTYLE flip - Sick !
I beamed sum RH-Posse Love to tha UK
while listening..........
P.S. - check out these evil smileys: :WTF: & :Sigh: ...LOLZ

Peace & Love
By HUNGRYMAN Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:27 pm
Congrats Quickstrike! Drop some goodies, man!

Obi-Dan-Kenobi wrote:
JamesJeffery wrote:
Obi-8Dan-Kenobi wrote:Congrats Quick Strike, time to get that sample up, if you can't start the new topic off let me know. Guys how do we feel about compiling a winners list from Battle 1, thinking we could put all the winning beats in a compilation, and shove it onto bandcamp.

Hold on, WE Holmes don't like the I thing, and the other problem is when you set the pole up you can only fit 30 people into it, dunno if you can add another poll on top of it but it would have to be on a different page I think, no money can be Involved the amount of samples that aren't cleared would cause hell on earth, it only takes one numpty to get all funny, and it would end up a right old legality war.

Bandcamp thingy would be neat to see. ODK, I'd say if the poll gets over 30 entries, just don't set the poll and we can do it "Big bold fonts and crazy colors" style. Has is battle never hit over 30 before?
By Runme Raw Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:21 pm
HUNGRYMAN wrote:Runme Raw - Creative as always! Did you forget the Beat box sample or am I missing it?

Yo Hungry bro!
i only used the end-part of the beatbox sample, where he ends it with i gues you laughin inda back- i've mixed that sound a few times in it in a sneaky way :-D
By HUNGRYMAN Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:43 pm
Runme Raw wrote:
HUNGRYMAN wrote:Runme Raw - Creative as always! Did you forget the Beat box sample or am I missing it?

Yo Hungry bro!
i only used the end-part of the beatbox sample, where he ends it with i gues you laughin inda back- i've mixed that sound a few times in it in a sneaky way :-D

Haha! I think that was me starting to laugh, then it cut out. You got me too, sneaky lofi Master Raw! I'm gonna need some bigger q-tips. :popcorn:
By jimmie Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:46 am
Ahhh too late.
Just listened.
I'd have voted for ES-K.

I'll probs enter the next one.
Been v busy with studio changes & tech shizz recently.