Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Brass Monkey Vote Time!!

N/A
N/A
7%
N/A
33%
13%
N/A
20%
N/A
N/A
27%
By p12 Thu May 16, 2013 7:42 am
True, Es-K really hit it!

Gonna give every tune a fair listen with a better pair of speakers when i get home, though i can say mainiakist's tune is really dope as well! :smoker:
By Unfolding Machines Thu May 16, 2013 8:09 am
Seeing there was a little confusion etc about posting tracks in threads I'll keep mine out next time around. Listening to all tracks now (on crappy laptop speakers so sorry if I miss a bassline or two), brief thoughts are:

P12: 90s vibe with those drums & chops (nice bounce).
Dert: Like the way you worked the mandolin, it had this gnarly volume swell. Sounds ready for an MC (seeing it doesn't shift dramatically).
Perftect 5th: Sounds like you were aiming to grab many of the same parts I heard the first time around. Glad I didn't post my first edit, you'd be calling me out for plagiarism :lol:
Goofy: Dude, whoah, wasn't expecting a flip like this. Really stands out compared to the rest of the comp so far. Like the way you wrote this one with distinct parts too. Nice!
P-lif: Hazy psyche head-nod vibe on this one. Digging the boom bap & stereo width too.
Shank: Curious way to double up all those guitar chops. Not quite sure what to make of this one, is it meant for a scratch routine?
Miniakist: More 90s vibes on the drums. Sounds pretty sparse, ready for an MC.
Sick: Cool to hear you use that horn & focus on the mandolin, when the drums are on they're good but I want to hear those drums going all the time. Sounds like you kinda held back on us.
ODK: Full sound, like the production values on this one. Weird LFO action too.
ES-K: Ahh, that organ. Dope! Best drums & use of the Beasies sample in the battle right here. A pro level track.

Voted for Goofy because its the most out-there beat of the battle. By putting emphasis on synths meant it stood out among the comp. Good tracks all round!
By MpcDert Thu May 16, 2013 12:08 pm
Unfolding Machines wrote:Seeing there was a little confusion etc about posting tracks in threads I'll keep mine out next time around. Listening to all tracks now (on crappy laptop speakers so sorry if I miss a bassline or two), brief thoughts are:

P12: 90s vibe with those drums & chops (nice bounce).
Dert: Like the way you worked the mandolin, it had this gnarly volume swell. Sounds ready for an MC (seeing it doesn't shift dramatically).
Perftect 5th: Sounds like you were aiming to grab many of the same parts I heard the first time around. Glad I didn't post my first edit, you'd be calling me out for plagiarism :lol:
Goofy: Dude, whoah, wasn't expecting a flip like this. Really stands out compared to the rest of the comp so far. Like the way you wrote this one with distinct parts too. Nice!
P-lif: Hazy psyche head-nod vibe on this one. Digging the boom bap & stereo width too.
Shank: Curious way to double up all those guitar chops. Not quite sure what to make of this one, is it meant for a scratch routine?
Miniakist: More 90s vibes on the drums. Sounds pretty sparse, ready for an MC.
Sick: Cool to hear you use that horn & focus on the mandolin, when the drums are on they're good but I want to hear those drums going all the time. Sounds like you kinda held back on us.
ODK: Full sound, like the production values on this one. Weird LFO action too.
ES-K: Ahh, that organ. Dope! Best drums & use of the Beasies sample in the battle right here. A pro level track.

Voted for Goofy because its the most out-there beat of the battle. By putting emphasis on synths meant it stood out among the comp. Good tracks all round!
. When you say gnarly volume swell, what do you mean.
By CHOPFYT Thu May 16, 2013 12:13 pm
Um no not ment for a scratch rountine :/ ...just tge way i played the pattern tbh i do it quite a bit not always as obvious but i like the rhythm it creates as if it were a juggle of sorts...listened through once quite a good mix of styles maniak, es, goofy all stood out, gonna vote later after listening again