Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By Ill-Green Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:07 pm
Elmar Jestro wrote:Just came back from work. Wanted to add some more info on the samples:

The Ludovico Einaudi sample is from his first album "Le onde" (1996). His music was one of my main sources for piano sounds in 2006/2007 roundabout (before I nearly stopped making any beats for several years). Very repetative music and what's even better mostly in 4/4. Check out http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN-tH07 ... ture=watch for some more music by him (mostly blocked for german youtube-users so I can't tell if it's representative for what I liked and used)

The Walter Taieb sample is from "The alchemist's symphony" (1998) which is music inspired by Paulo Coelho's book "The alchemist". Some nice string parts on that one, Really can't remember where I got that album from...

Hope you find something to use in the 2 samples.

Damn bro. You sampling 2000 shit. I wouldn't bother to even look at a record made in the 2000's, nor the '90s for that matter :lol:

But hey, thats you and keep doing what you know best :D
By CHOPFYT Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:21 pm
Man i samed an entire ep from 2011 and mad 4 beats oit of it...step out ya swamp green man :wink: :lol:

Different strokes for different folks i spose
By Elmar Jestro Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:10 pm
I don't really mind how old a record is to sample it. The only thing that matters to me is that it's played live on real instruments. So the only difference to older recordings is the equipment that recorded it and the mastering possibilities used.
By Ill-Green Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:10 pm
Well, I don't sample them because to me, they're easy to find and the person that made them is still living :mrgreen:

:lol: It just feels like sampling a Tribe Called Quest album.
By CHOPFYT Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:14 pm
:lol:

I can picture you hanging around graveyards waiting for dead musicians to roll in :twisted:
By CHOPFYT Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:50 pm
heres my entry Ill enter it but understand if it doesnt get in cos im rappin on it :mrgreen:

By p12 Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:14 pm
Mine's coming along nicely, though I've been stressed out cus of my graduation earlier this week. Been taking some well deserved time off and smokes with m8s :smoker: this one seem to be sitting better than the last ones :roll:
By Elmar Jestro Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:00 pm
S.I.C.K THE DRUMGOD wrote:I have yet to get started.lol

Same here... but chopped some sounds a few days ago. Got a day off tomorrow (first since this round started) so I'll try and get a little flip done
By pk1 Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:48 pm
whats good everybody. havent had time to join yall lately.
so i slammed this together late last night. no mix no time :roll:

enjoy :nod: :nod:

By JamesJeffery Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:34 pm
Ah shit, can I submit a late one seen as voting is usually a little delayed? I'll get this together tonight ... promise. Wasn't keeping track of the battles, been a bit pre-occupied. Would like to enter tho.

Edit: I'll enter the next one :p