Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By Obi-Dan-Kenobi Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:19 am
1) Join the MPC-Forums.com Beat Battles Group on SoundCloud: MPC-Forums.com Beat Battles
2) Upload the beat to your own soundcloud page - please make it downloadable
3) Make sure it includes the battle number in the title - i.e. BB#35. If it doesn't we might think it's a random spam beat and delete it
4) Share the beat with the forum group via the 'share to group' button
5) Use one or both samples
5) Outside anything allowed (synth, samples, vocals...), use whatever you see fit
6) Original samples must be present/audible

Additional task: Try to express a certain feeling with your beat: happiness, sadness, love, anger or whatever

Samples: http://www.sendspace.com/file/okgec4

Upload your beat until Tuesday, June 11th, 6:00pm EST
By Elmar Jestro Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:27 am
Samples are:

Walter Taieb - The oasis
Ludovico Einaudi - Passaggio

The reason why I chose these is that there's not many drums in the samples. So you can get some clean instrument chops and use them in any thinkable way.
By p12 Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:37 am
great samples
great quality

This is gonna be an intresting battle, let's see them emotions come out now!
By dantuf Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:58 pm
Congrats to Elmar!! nicely done

I'm a try and get back in on this one.. :nod: :nod: :nod:
By CHOPFYT Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:01 pm
Yeah good job elmar.

Havent copped the samples yet but im down with the battle i love me some open source material
By Elmar Jestro Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:28 pm
Just came back from work. Wanted to add some more info on the samples:

The Ludovico Einaudi sample is from his first album "Le onde" (1996). His music was one of my main sources for piano sounds in 2006/2007 roundabout (before I nearly stopped making any beats for several years). Very repetative music and what's even better mostly in 4/4. Check out http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN-tH07 ... ture=watch for some more music by him (mostly blocked for german youtube-users so I can't tell if it's representative for what I liked and used)

The Walter Taieb sample is from "The alchemist's symphony" (1998) which is music inspired by Paulo Coelho's book "The alchemist". Some nice string parts on that one, Really can't remember where I got that album from...

Hope you find something to use in the 2 samples.
By S.I.C.K THE DRUMGOD Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:22 pm
Props to Elmar!!!

Lemme see what I can do with these joints.Good looks on the Sendspace link as well.