Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By jakoby84 Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:45 am
Happy to see a new battle announced. Although I'm not very well trained in chopping and arranging, I'll give it a shot!

As with every battle there has to be someone asking about the rules:
Obi-Dan-Kenobi wrote:Objectives:
Outside Bass, Drums, Vocal skits, scratches, are allowed.
NO synths.

What if the 'outside bass' is from a synth?
By pk1 Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:27 pm
jakoby84 wrote:Happy to see a new battle announced. Although I'm not very well trained in chopping and arranging, I'll give it a shot!

As with every battle there has to be someone asking about the rules:
Obi-Dan-Kenobi wrote:Objectives:
Outside Bass, Drums, Vocal skits, scratches, are allowed.
NO synths.

What if the 'outside bass' is from a synth?

As long as its played as a bass line I'm sure your fine.

If your trying to claim the 4th c as a bass line well......
I think you get the point.
By pk1 Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:15 pm
and i concur that sendspace does blow. extremely slow. but if this works for everybody i suppose it will build patience.
By saadyah tz▾i Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:57 am
yo this is my first battle. just uploaded my flip a few hours ago.
i also agree that sendspace was a pain in the ass to download from.
nobody needs to learn patience from waiting a half an hour to DL a 50mb sample.. were not using 56k anymore fam.. haha
that being said this sample was.. interesting i guess. i like what i did with it tho hope yall do to.. do we post our beats here as well so we can all share in listening to each others flip?
By Obi-Dan-Kenobi Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:21 am
saadyah tz▾i wrote:yo this is my first battle. just uploaded my flip a few hours ago.
i also agree that sendspace was a pain in the ass to download from.
nobody needs to learn patience from waiting a half an hour to DL a 50mb sample.. were not using 56k anymore fam.. haha
that being said this sample was.. interesting i guess. i like what i did with it tho hope yall do to.. do we post our beats here as well so we can all share in listening to each others flip?

Ahh glad to see you jump on board dude, you can post your beat here if you want, it's a little different than Stones throw, when you send your beat to the mpc group on soundcloud it won't show up till battle day, it does come up, but its so it can be approved as a battle beat, and we have to use sendspace otherwise S.I.C.K The Drumgod can't participate, wouldn't hurt actually to just stick a load of links up, so no one has any problems, sounds like some computers need some cleaning as well, clean those registries up.
By Rink Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:52 pm
Done! Didn´t have the time to do i proper mix and i would like to change the hihats.
By pk1 Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:39 am
dope track hungry. but what is the lead?
By MFosterUk Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:54 am
shit, this ended yesterday? whens the next one bro's? never done one of these before i wanna gooooo!
By HUNGRYMAN Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:47 pm
pk1 wrote:dope track hungry. but what is the lead?

It's just the sample, drums, and a synth bass with an arpeggiator on it. Some of the arp patterns are transposing the notes up and down. It was intended as the bass, but I guess it got a little crazy.

MFosterUk wrote:****, this ended yesterday? whens the next one bro's? never done one of these before i wanna gooooo!

Next one should start sunday.