Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By Obi-Dan-Kenobi Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:33 am
1) Join the MPC-Forums.com Beat Battles Group on SoundCloud: http://soundcloud.com/groups/mpc-forums ... at-battles
2) Upload the beat to your own soundcloud page - please make it downloadable
3) Make sure it includes the battle number in the title - i.e. BB#35. If it doesn't we might think it's a random spam beat and delete it
4) Share the beat with the forum group via the 'share to group' button

P-Lif has given us this sample

http://www.sendspace.com/file/5lec8d

Objectives:
Outside Bass, Drums, Vocal skits, scratches, are allowed.
NO synths.

DEADLINE : Tuesday 9th July 2013 6pm EST
By LooseCannonBeats Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:05 pm
Just for future reference there is this awesome site called wetransfer.com that doesnt take forever when its time to download lol. Even zippy share.. Sendspace is like a turtle amongst rabbits lol.
By LooseCannonBeats Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:23 pm
Elmar Jestro wrote:we had some issues with downloadability in the last few battles, sendspace worked for everybody. even from restricted work internet access :wink:

This thing just took 25 minutes.. haha Its still not done.
By p12 Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:28 pm
LooseCannonBeats wrote:I just dont like that sample at all.. I can definitely flip it but I dont put anything out that Im not feeling.. No offense to anyone..

Was gonna hate on the sample as well, but then i tried flippin it (after doing my thing with the chops). Now im sitting here all confused... :shock: Rly feel good about this one! :smoker:

btw, can't we just make some public drop box solution?
By LooseCannonBeats Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:36 pm
thats a great idea with drop box not even public just who ever wants to battle.. As for the sample when I spoke on it I already had chops laid. I had also stated that i was going to flip it regardless.. Last months sample was dope though.... It actually took me about 5 minutes to get everything laid.. It didnt take much longer this time but to spark peoples interest there should only be DOPE samples. Nobody is going to take into consideration what we sampled ya know. I'll be posting mine within a couple of hours.
By p12 Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:50 pm
true! But would be kind of hilarious though if some big shot came and hated on people in a mpc forum for sampling some of his shit :lol:

I think there was some confussion around the ''mass 1st place draft'', but still nice to see the comp going!
By Obi-Dan-Kenobi Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:15 am
Usually when you can't download fast it's your registry that needs a clean up, even if you make a wack beat some times it can be a learning curve, it's good you can see what the better beats were made of, where it's lacking, why you think it is what it is, and others will see something totally different, you might hate it others may love it, you will benefit from this. Think I have hit my 1 year of beat battles this week, only missed 1 Stonesthrow battle, and when I think of some of the beats I've posted, they sucked but ua stick with it, work through it. Mines done and up, and I loved working with the sample.