Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

pick your winner

9%
9%
9%
73%
By HUNGRYMAN Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:18 pm
What up DT! Good to see your back. We need some beats with scratches. I might even dust off my 1200's and embarrass myself.

@Elmar - If you all want to start it early, I'll dig up something special this round. I have plenty time today. Just trying to get the grass mowed when the sun isn't frying my arse.

@Viking - Haha! I hear you, man. At least you gave it a shot. I'm notorious for posting my whack beats. I think I have a completion complex. Yeah, your right. That sample was only a couple riffs. Yeah, a lot of those sound fx's, like the train and owl, I got from this site. http://www.freesound.org Check it out

I could have done better on the sample. Just wanted to try something different. I'm brainstorming right now on the next one. If anyone has any ideas they would like to hear or share, shout them out. I'd like to do some special rules on this one, to follow up a open battle. I'd also like to push people out of there comfort zone to get creative, but I'd like everyone to still have fun with it. I understand if your not feeling it, your not feeling it. There's no one that's gonna motivate you, like you do yourself. Shouts out to the people, that gave it a shot but the sample didn't like them. :wink:
By HUNGRYMAN Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:25 pm
What up SICK. I think you forgot to plug in the vote for Elmar. :smoker:
By Roots Renegade Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:23 am
Obi-Dan-Kenobi wrote:Link worked when I put it up sometimes they do fail not my fault if soundclound does work on it's on site I did'nt build the web dude , shit happens, find a work around, it's not the votes thats a problem, it's the participants or rather the lack of.

Sincerely, i doubt that the link you posted above ever worked, plus i do not believe it could be SoundCloud's fault. Here's why: Look at HUNGRYMAN's test above. See how the last part of the link "... at-battles" is in bold text (meaning it is a web link). Now look at the same part of your link. See the difference ? I understand that the real problem here may be the lack of participants but don't you think it could help if the BB thread's visitors could access more easily to the SoundCloud's BB page (without having to search for it) and listen to the beats right away ? Here's a workaround: Use the "Insert URL" function when posting an external link.

and another thing on the organisation tip, this is voluntary, we do have lives, I do not sit at the laptop baby sitting everyone's needs, and waiting for messages, I do what I can I Mod here and on Stonesthrow, and help out with the new MF Doom remix battles, whilst trying to look after my daughter hanging off of me, and working full time, whilst trying to find time to make my own beats, so why don't you volunteer yourself to tutor to be a mod and sort it all out, put those ideas to good use and do it. This does need shaking up, but your coming in all military Holmes, Why's this not working, you should do this, you should do that, in future you should do this, sound like a supermarket manager man! Little bit of advice, you should try being a bit more polite, and try offering help, maybe try not to take it so seriously, no one is going to get overnight fame, or attention, or a payout doing these battles.

I am sorry you took it that way, i didn't mean to offend you. English not being my native language, i sometimes struggle to find the right words to say what i really mean. I know, i am a forthright person but i am sincerely trying to help out. I totally understand the fact that you have a life and that it's a struggle to find the time to do everything that has to be done in a day. I didn't mean to sound like a supermarket manager :lol:, i am just pointing out the fact that there seems to be a repetitive problem with the SoundCloud's BB page links and that it should not happen again in the future. Participants do hope that their beats will be heard by a maximum of people and i believe that they deserve to be heard. Most of the people who click on the BB thread won't take the time to search for the SoundCloud's BB page if the link to it is not working. It may seem like a tiny detail, but i believe it has a great impact on the participation rate. Hope this helps.
By Obi-Dan-Kenobi Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:20 am
Now that I agree with, and I have noticed the link ending, here's exactlly what I do, mod the groups page copy the http thing in the bar at the top go to the MPC battle page and paste it, then I check it that it works, I mention soundcloud maintaining there site as it does screw stuff up, and is more than possible that could screw the link, we are dealing with coding, remember the 2000 computer bug where some one left a 1 or a 0 out and everyone was working to stop the system from breaking completely.

I want to hear you Ideas though now. If it makes this better I'm all for it. As I said pm Tutor, ask to mod it, get the link thing working and stuff like that I'm not going to pretend I know what I'm doing but I can't even work out how to post my own picture to my account, due to the poll you can't have more than 30 beats anyway. When it's 10 - 15 of us it's nice, the community is pretty cool, but there will be a lag ,it's summer, and I'd rather be out, than bashing drum pads, but the MOD's are not responsible for everything, we just help getting rid of spam, and setting up the battle, I set that battle up on a toilet break on my phone, your all lucky it got set up at all, especially when I nearly wiped with the phone in my hand !!! :lol:

And I vote Hungry, Man what are you on at the moment, Need Slug or Aesop over that beat with MF DOOM. Now if you would like to get another sample together, that will push people again, I'll stand here smiling at the hope of some death metal ha ha!!
By dantuf Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:52 pm
Thanks HUNGRYMAN, I need to dust off my turntables too man...

Ready when you are for the next round mate..

send me the link for the new sample

[email protected]

:popcorn: :smoker:
By HUNGRYMAN Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:43 pm
Alright dantuf, the check is in the mail. :wink:

Hahah, no metal at the moment ODK. Folks will really hate me.
By Dom Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:34 pm
Voted for Elmar. It's a good example of how to take a song and some drums and make it into a hip-hop beat.

Thanks for comments on track I posted! I want to make a more hip-hop oriented beat next time! We'll see. Look forward to next battle.
By Lampdog Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:35 pm
HUNGRYMAN wrote:Well, that worked. Not sure why it's cut off on the link ODK posted.

When you post a link with no url wrapper then that link needs to be on it's

own line

like above. After the word "it's" I'd also have to hit RETURN in order to ensure the new line is created and not a line wrap around.

If you post that same link on a line of writing/text then you need a url wrapper on it. Yall need to figure that out and adapt.
By pk1 Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:39 am
"Yall need to figure that out and adapt."

or else :twisted:
By Lampdog Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:54 am
:lol: