Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By dantuf Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:07 pm
Hey folks..

Congrats and thanks to HUNGRYMAN for the win and supplying the next samples and objectives so swiftly!!!

http://www4.zippyshare.com/v/45414545/file.html
"The Shape Of Things To Come" by Bear McCreary, played by Joohyun Park

http://www4.zippyshare.com/v/16415364/file.html
"Brandenburg Concerto No. 3 in G Major: 2nd Movement" by Bach, played by Walter Carlos on the Moog Synthesizer

Battle Objectives:
-Use 1 or both samples. (Preferably both)
-Outside Drums and Bass Allowed
-Outside Synths/Instruments/Samples Allowed
-Vocal Samples/Skits Allowed
-Cuts/Scratches Allowed
-No Full Acapellas (Can use snippets, don't make a remix though)
-Special Sauce: Beat must contain a minimum of a 8 bar solo of an instrument of your choice! (Play it or chop it, show us some skills)
-Most of all have fun!

Deadline 20th August
By CHOPFYT Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:28 pm
Walter Carlos :mrgreen:

Nice might have to get involved with this one...
By Unfolding Machines Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:57 pm
shank carvin wrote:Walter Carlos :mrgreen:

Hungryman must have a 1st run of the record, the cover credit was changed from the 2nd run to Wendy Carlos.

Just saw the dramas over the last battle's sample: A bad tradesman blames their tools... If things keep up with so few entries I might have a chance to win a battle for a change! :lol:

Gonna get cracking hard on this round.
By HUNGRYMAN Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:49 pm
Unfolding Machines wrote:
shank carvin wrote:Walter Carlos :mrgreen:

Hungryman must have a 1st run of the record, the cover credit was changed from the 2nd run to Wendy Carlos.

Just saw the dramas over the last battle's sample: A bad tradesman blames their tools... If things keep up with so few entries I might have a chance to win a battle for a change! :lol:

Gonna get cracking hard on this round.

Yeah, it must be. Haha! Nice catch, man. I didn't even notice who's work I was posting. Too funny..
By pk1 Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:12 pm
Yo where is quickstrike? I'm coming to the battle with an R&B. what you got quick?
By HUNGRYMAN Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:09 pm
Alright! Tear it up fellas!

If anyone needs the samples on a different site, drop a line in here and I'll try to get them up ASAP. It would be nice to see a bigger turn out, definitely.
By logick Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:22 am
HUNGRYMAN wrote:Alright! Tear it up fellas!

If anyone needs the samples on a different site, drop a line in here and I'll try to get them up ASAP. It would be nice to see a bigger turn out, definitely.

could you upload them to dropbox that's the only way i can get them.

thanks in advance.

an i will be in on this one i'l make sure peace.
By pk1 Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:45 pm
Elmar Jestro wrote:
pk1 wrote:It would be nice to see a bigger turn out, definitely.

Word!

Yep I'm turnin one out this time. It's done and in the mix.

Any body here know how to separate the sounds from kontakt when bouncing stems from the ren? I've got a piano and a synth that I'd like to separate in the mix. For you ren/studio users that may know what I'm talkin about I'd appreciate any suggestions.
By CHOPFYT Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:10 pm
:oops:

you know i spent ages searching for Dillas 'Stressed Out' sample and when i found some info it said 'Walter Carlos' which obviously lead me to few answers when i clocked it was Wendy i listened to some others but never actually downloaded anything...i knew W... Carlos had skills :lol:
By HUNGRYMAN Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:12 am
logick wrote:
HUNGRYMAN wrote:Alright! Tear it up fellas!

could you upload them to dropbox that's the only way i can get them.

thanks in advance.

an i will be in on this one i'l make sure peace.

Here you go, logick. I hope I did this right.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8yli601o97k9tra/MPCBB41.zip
By pk1 Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:51 pm
My take on this session:

I used the turntable as my instrument of choice for the solo. And I did not drop all instruments, but most in separate parts. And because I didn't fully drop all instruments. I did a 24 bar solo. Hope you guys dig it. Peace.
By HUNGRYMAN Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:54 pm
logick wrote:Thanks HUNGRYMAN :-D

No problem, man!

VIKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Huge beat, homie! Your gonna make it hard to come at it after that number!
Haha! Even ended it on 4:20. :nod:

Yeah, the turntable works for me and sure you don't have to drop any instruments. Solo or lead, works for me. :mrgreen: