Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By dantuf Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:38 am
welcome to new battlers spacejet and mike-a-veli!!
good stuff!!

I've still to finish mine, done my chops and a bit of arranging :lol:

Deadline for entries is tomorrow the 20th

:mrgreen:
By pk1 Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:44 pm
saadyah tz▾i wrote:
pk1 wrote:
saadyah tz▾i wrote:yo i had a lot of fun flipping these samples
big up HUNGRYMAN
im pretty sure i followed all the rules as they were explained which was conducive to inspiring my creativity

I'm sure it doesn't matter but you forgot this one.
"-No Full Acapellas (Can use snippets, don't make a remix though)"

does this sound like the full acapella to you?
I'm almost positive that one verse and one hook constitute as a 'snippet'

but ok

Since this is a battle for fun, I guess it's really not a battle. More like a fun game or challenge. It really matters none if anyone breaks rules, makes rules as they go, or just does what they want. There is no prize, no money, hell no recognition. (Except threw the few good fellas that are hear weekly) I used to harp on obi cause he would blaze past the time limit by like by like 20 min. :lol:
I don't think I've ever seen a disqualified beat yet. So its nothing really to worry about.
And just for arguments sake my dude, I'm under the impression a snippet should be like dropping phrases, or a couple words. Just highlighting your cause. Since your track had 70% of it with vocals across it I assumed it was a remix. (I'm always open to be wrong here it's only strangers on the Internet who really don't give a s.h.i.t. About me, my opinions or my thoughts) so I could be wrong. I was under the impression over the years I've played with the battle things. Most try to rule out the acapella cause it usually takes away from the beat. For instance new guy came in to the battle #39 I think. Had a banger! Seriously dope track. But he chose to turn it to a remix. Which really hurt his vote everybody dug his track. It was top two or three. He may have taken it had he left out the vocals. We simply couldn't focus on the beat. How many proffecianal remixes have you really liked. I'd guess not many. Cause it never sounds just right. Sometimes it does but the fact is the mc put his vocal instrument on a specific track. The beat is usually dope but you can tell the mc rapped to a different beat.

Long winded. I know. Nice flip though.
:popcorn:
By pk1 Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:52 pm
spacejet wrote:First entry into a battle, had fun...

Very nice and welcome to the zone.

spacejet wrote:First entry into a battle, had fun...

We haven't herd from You in a while looking forward to you sound brotha welcome back.
These where just great samples. I finished a second one ill post here once I get out of the bed and get some coffee to finish its mix. :smoker:
By Dom Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:36 pm
I added my piece to the group; just let me know if it didn't go through.

Look forward to hearing others, after the deadline!
By pk1 Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:53 am
Great sounding tracks in here so far i really like the samples so i flipped a second one. had more to do today then first thought so didnt geet to mix, just a bounce.

hope yall dig it.
:popcorn:

By pk1 Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:36 pm
Obi-Dan-Kenobi wrote:Got to work this morning so Ill set the poll up when I get back, so don't panic kids, and DanTuf is busy as well, just have to wait a little bit. :-D

Thanks brotha.
By HUNGRYMAN Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:01 pm
I didn't get a chance to make one for this battle. Looking foward to hearing what everyone else came up with though.
By dantuf Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:26 am
HUNGRYMAN wrote:I didn't get a chance to make one for this battle. Looking foward to hearing what everyone else came up with though.

same as man, I done my chops but didnt get round to finishing :x ahhhh