Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By pk1 Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:22 pm
HUNGRYMAN wrote:
logick wrote:Thanks HUNGRYMAN :-D

No problem, man!

VIKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Huge beat, homie! Your gonna make it hard to come at it after that number!
Haha! Even ended it on 4:20. :nod:

Yeah, the turntable works for me and sure you don't have to drop any instruments. Solo or lead, works for me. :mrgreen:

:-D thx for the love hungry. ya i was smiling after the bounce as well. had to vape a rip after seeing that.. :smoker:
By pk1 Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:37 pm
mike-a-veli wrote:Hey

this is my first time in here

hope u like it!

very much so! welcome to the zone..
By forknspoon Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:22 am
Cool, I always stop by and listen to the samples and beats, don't think i'll ever enter but its always good to check out what people do with the samples and how everyone flips things differently, quite inspiring really. I Started messing with the moog/bach awhile back for my next album heres a little snippet of what I did with it :).

http://instagram.com/p/c5g464HWrl/

(Hope I'm not breaking some unspoken law here or anything)
By Unfolding Machines Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:41 am
Bashed this out the other day, just got around to uploading it. Resampling the Wendy Carlos stuff into a snarling mid-range bass wavetable synth sucked, hope it turned out OK:

dantuf wrote:-Special Sauce: Beat must contain a minimum of a 8 bar solo of an instrument of your choice! (Play it or chop it, show us some skills)
Dantuf- Not sure exactly what you meant by the 8 bar solo. Have something play on it's own for 8 bars or have an instrument take the lead for 8 bars (like a rock'n'roll guitar solo)? So I just went ahead & put in an 8 bar amen break beatdown. Everyone likes a bit of jungle, right? :hmmm:

Great variety of entries so far!
By saadyah tz▾i Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:30 pm
yo i had a lot of fun flipping these samples
big up HUNGRYMAN
im pretty sure i followed all the rules as they were explained which was conducive to inspiring my creativity

By pk1 Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:32 pm
Ya I agree. The samples where great. "the sample must have liked me." :-D I'm almost finished with a second one with that crazy Bach moog. Dope record my brotha.
By pk1 Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:42 pm
saadyah tz▾i wrote:yo i had a lot of fun flipping these samples
big up HUNGRYMAN
im pretty sure i followed all the rules as they were explained which was conducive to inspiring my creativity

I'm sure it doesn't matter but you forgot this one.
"-No Full Acapellas (Can use snippets, don't make a remix though)"
By CHOPFYT Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:53 pm
here's mine...i played the secondary sound live all the way through I hope that meets the special sauce stipulation. Everyones soundin pretty good so far

Peace
By HUNGRYMAN Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:59 pm
I was just trying to get folks to make some instrumentation that stood out from the main rhythm of their song. Whether solo or lead or whatever. It's all good just hope everyone had fun with it and hope the turnout is bigger. :mrgreen:
By saadyah tz▾i Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:27 am
pk1 wrote:
saadyah tz▾i wrote:yo i had a lot of fun flipping these samples
big up HUNGRYMAN

I'm sure it doesn't matter but you forgot this one.
"-No Full Acapellas (Can use snippets, don't make a remix though)"

does this sound like the full acapella to you?
I'm almost positive that one verse and one hook constitute as a 'snippet'

but ok