Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By dantuf Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:38 am
Props to IvoryViking (pk1) for the well deserved win!!

here are his samples and rules:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2e0qy8zervj8h0i/bb43.WAV

thats the dropbox to sample. let me know if you need anything different.

rules:

1: No acapellas!!
2: Only Bass And Drums for outside samples.
3: Scratching and vocal drops allowed.
4: Ill only share sample credits with battle affiliates (Submitted track participants) at Judgment time...

And DDDDRRRRROOOOPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!

Deadline is Tuesday 17th September
Last edited by dantuf on Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
By dantuf Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:39 am
will add the deadline for entry later :nod:
By pk1 Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:18 pm
es-k wrote:wowwwwww

ok here we go

:nod:

I thought I might get you guys back on board with this...
By pk1 Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:56 pm
:nod:

im alost done with mine as well. This is going to be a fun session. i expect everybody to bring dopeness like this.

very nice Es! :nod:
By HUNGRYMAN Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:03 am
Congrats Viking! Definitely well deserved!

dantuf wrote:4: Ill only share sample credits with battle affiliates (Submitted track participants) at Judgment time...

Haha! Hell yeah!

Dude, I think I have this record and I can't remember what it is... :hmmm:
By pk1 Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:14 pm
HUNGRYMAN wrote:Congrats Viking! Definitely well deserved!

dantuf wrote:4: Ill only share sample credits with battle affiliates (Submitted track participants) at Judgment time...

Haha! Hell yeah!

Dude, I think I have this record and I can't remember what it is... :hmmm:

You just may. I had it for a long time. Grabbed at the thrift store for under a dollar. I did this rule cause I'm kinda nazi about sampling. I don't sample current music. (Artist or music still alive) don't get me wrong i have played with many common samples. Like Michael j and other soul records. But If I sample from such it's usually for fun or to figure out how someone else did what they did when they sampled it. I try to bring back a dead sound or dead artist if I'm using pieces of his/her music to either inspire me or to chop differanly. I don't always dig what we have to use for samples when it's some rock of the youngster pick for us. I understand they were not alive when this music was popular but allot of where. :) and I never! Share what I sampled. Except with the fellas I do music with here in my life. They usually don't care. But are only curious like all others to hear what the original sound was. So keep it under the lid please if you do have it. :) it's a great record. And everybody should be able to kill this.

Oh and of course scratching and efx are allowed, I figured that's an agreed common knowledge anyway so no need to really mention, but just incase...

Es-k already came with hotness I'm feeling pretty good about mine. Just gotta wrap up the hook and a mix. I really expect this to be a hot battle. Lots of submissions and lots of heaters! Have fun and kill it!
By ThobRom Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:05 am
I like how you made the sample anonymous.

That seems like the best way for a few reasons.
By p12 Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:45 am
Gonna try to get mine done for this one, is it sunday as ussual?

The sample is dope as ****, nice to see some classy old-school shit!
By dantuf Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:17 am
You got a week tomorrow, i'll add the date in a min....

dope sample Viking!! imma jump in on this one!

peace
:popcorn:
By pk1 Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:29 pm
Thanks guys. And I'm glad you guys are diggin the sample. This is going to be a nice turn out.