Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

choose your winner

28%
22%
17%
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
11%
6%
6%
11%
By mattman121775 Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:34 pm
Helliphono gets my vote also. Just a fantastic, and vibey beat. His sample layering was what impressed me most.

My stuff:
mpc500
Zoom Sampletrak
mpd26+FL Studio 11
By pk1 Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:59 pm
Big ups Mattman. Dig us up some dopeness.
By saadyah tz▾i Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:40 pm
congrats mattman! your beat was great

as far as my gear

NI Maschine mk1
Akai LPK25
Sennheiser HD-280 pros
Avid Mbox 3
Audio-Technica AT 2050
MacBook 13-inch Mid 2007

i have more gear at my dads place in the states that i need to ship over here to israel

as far as mixing on the samples i usually put maschine stock eq on one of the presets, also maschine stock compressor on one of the presets. i might eq the drums but lately ive been using another maschine preset called transient master, it makes the drums a bit distorted though but i tend to like that sound. i do everything in maschine standalone. i have a bunch of third party plug ins that i use in there as well, mostly free stuff. i guess i just experiment with my mix/eqing/fx on each track and in my opinion not one of my tracks come out the same mix wise.

anyway looking forward to see what you dig up for us matt

until next time

peace
By dantuf Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:57 pm
ahhh shit..
I missed the vote deadline and I put it up.. haha
Only jus got back from a late one..

Props mattman

pm me with your sample link and rules
By 1K Wrekcatch3r Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:52 pm
mattman121775 wrote:Helliphono gets my vote also. Just a fantastic, and vibey beat. His sample layering was what impressed me most.

My stuff:
mpc500
Zoom Sampletrak
mpd26+FL Studio 11

Appreciate that playa.. unfortunately I can't even listen to my beat anymore; exhausted the $h!t out of it. Big ups and much respect though. Yah gentlemen were phenomenal in creativity as well. Peace
By mattman121775 Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:26 am
Thanks for the votes everyone!
I just sent Dantuf my sample, so the new battle should be up soon.
That way those of us with nothing better to do on a Saturday night can have something to do. :Sigh: :lol:
By Dom Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:22 am
I had chopped this sample while the battle was live, but did not put a composition together until today when I powered up the Microsampler again... Anyways...

iPad/sample > KORG Microsampler > Olympus LS100 XLR portable recorder

I would've voted saadyah tz▾i beat, but good stuff everyone!