Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

choose your winner

28%
22%
17%
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
11%
6%
6%
11%
By midi Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:11 pm
theres 4-5 beats i cant choose between at first listen

ivoryking had the drums heliphono the chops/vibe dantuf with the energy saadyah was good overall and a few others were good too
By saadyah tz▾i Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:05 pm
was a tossup between mike-a-veli, dantuf and mattman

listened to all the beats with my wife

we both decided to go with dantuf for that make you wanna break dance and tag something vibe

some of my other favorites include

the unit123

Helliphono

ivoryviking

good luck to everyone

peace
By S.I.C.K THE DRUMGOD Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:52 pm
Saadya got my vote.

honorable mention:

Elmar
Viking
Dantuff-very ill

very hard to choose this time.what was done with the sample was much more than I expected.kudos to all
By 1K Wrekcatch3r Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:14 pm
I don't know gentlement and ladies(if there are any amongst us).. this is a toughy..nonetheless I'm a have to go with..

1. Helliphono a.k.a. 1K Wrekcatch3r...that boy got soul
2. Mattman121775...I Fukk$ with your style heavy man..that boy got swing and soul
3. Elmar Jestro...cat got bounce
4. saadyah tz▾i

....both dans were official tissue-itis though so..they gotta be thrown in there too.
Everybody else $h!t was dope too, I might've even forgot to mention some of yah. pk1 had fuego too is def in there.

Since you can't vote yourself, Mattman121775 got my electorial vote..but I must mention myself as the man with the #1 headband. peace :mrgreen:
p.s. Hopefully next time around synths will be enabled.

For all the heads hitting the books I present to you Study Music.....going ape$h!t on the 5k..
By bojangles Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:38 am
My HD crashed yesterday :evil: before I had a chance to record the beat out, so unfortunately I wasn't able to post my beat in time. Better late than never tho...

Edit-I voted for mattman, that kick programming tho... pssh

heliophone was a close second
By bojangles Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:57 am
AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA!!!! I just heard vikings track where he dissed me...

If I had known he dissed me, I woulda voted his beat just for that alone.

Come on man, you gotta let me know these things. Nice try, noone says mark anymore tho. Douce would have been more era appropriate. Either way I laughed
By 1K Wrekcatch3r Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:08 am
@ Bojangles - Your joint is sounding bananas my G and I ain't even throw on a set of headphones to peep yet..straight out the laptop speakers...btw you must've had some impact on someones life in order to get a "fukk you shout out" on a joint like that..lmao :lol:.a straight up 50cent how to rob an industry n!99a move right there.. :lol:

p.s. I am a neutral and solely independent entity here; that Jay-z Nas beef doesn't involve me
By bojangles Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:17 am
1K Wrekcatch3r wrote:@ Bojangles - Your joint is sounding bananas my G and I ain't even throw on a set of headphones to peep yet..straight out the laptop speakers...btw you must've had some impact on someones life in order to get a "fukk you shout out" on a joint like that..lmao :lol:.a straight up 50cent how to rob an industry n!99a move right there.. :lol:

p.s. I am a neutral and solely independent entity here; that Jay-z Nas beef doesn't involve me

Thank you sir. Your joint was fire too, actually all the ones you got up knock. It was close man. I'm just a sucka for those stuttery, dilla type kicks tho.

Yeah, that dude is butthurt. I actually might put that struggle beat of his in my signature instead of the text quote. :lol:
By Obi-Dan-Kenobi Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:27 am
bojangles wrote:
1K Wrekcatch3r wrote:@ Bojangles - Your joint is sounding bananas my G and I ain't even throw on a set of headphones to peep yet..straight out the laptop speakers...btw you must've had some impact on someones life in order to get a "fukk you shout out" on a joint like that..lmao :lol:.a straight up 50cent how to rob an industry n!99a move right there.. :lol:

Thank you sir. Your joint was fire too, actually all the ones you got up knock. It was close man. I'm just a sucka for those stuttery, dilla type kicks tho.

Yeah, that dude is butthurt. I actually might put that struggle beat of his in my signature instead of the text quote. :lol:

Some of us walk around without half a clue in life, like not understanding the basics of respect, you unearthed the source of a sample, against what the winner wanted, you ruined the surprise for everyone that didn't know, and secondly you cuss a man when he just hooks up with his son after losing contact for 18 years, don't care how good your beats are, your behaviour is low and not needed. This is why you got the FU shout out. It's another case of the child trying to play with the grown ups. I'm not butt kissing on any level, just trying to explain, because you really don't seem to get it. I'd say your on 2 strikes one more and your done. All we need to do is press the block user from group button on Soundcloud. All the posts are still there in the last battle, go over it, might become clearer. You want to participate then show a bit of respect ( It means consideration).
By Toothflesh Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:32 pm
How did everyone get that background noise out of the sample, couldnt make a decent bass sound out of the sample
By pk1 Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:58 pm
There are some fresh beats in here. This session. At first I liked the sample a lot but after really listening there wasn't much to play with since we couldn't use any other source material. So we mostly made a bunch of tracks that have the same feel to em. Not a bad thing. Thanks for the sample saadyah.
Dan killed it with a break dance set. Or a sound placement for a graph video.
Obi reversed samples where fresh new look at it. Actually the more aggressive track on the list IMO.
Elmar had a real jazzy feal to it.
Saadyah dope high tempo
The unit came with at clean intro nice track man.
So It's a toss for me between obi, Matt, and helli.
Helliphono, the grove is a banger man you just squashed the hell out of it. Really dope track though. Glad to have your style added to these sessions. IMO your sound is straight dmv. This is like a track off "foot in the door" or some ish that DTMD joint.
Props.
Obi your drums are becoming insane. I'm pretty proud of my drum samples and how I conduct them but man your game is insane.
Mattman just came smooth and clean so between those three
Ima have to go MATTMAN this round.

On a side note. I believe in talking to people on forums or the net the same I would speak to their face. Strictly! I expect the same. Internet banging is something little kids with no sence of there own do. (And yes that would be you degenerate POS parents fault) so I took the the beef to the music. No sense in filling this forum with blasphemy. Just old school hip hop beef. This is a battle room! Isn't it? So if any of you felt offended that I dropped the diss on the jingle kid. Not my intention. I'm not one to tolerate ignorance and disrespect. And typing how tuff you are is lame. So I killed him on the track. Now I'll sit back and watch him kill himself. 8)

Big ups to all you heads banging out these tracks. I really enjoy doing this with y'all. It's dope to see the growth of each of you. But something that I've been wondering about when I listen to you guys approach to your track is, what are you doing it on?
I know obi is on the Maschine. ( when you cop that new studio let me know that thing looks bitchin.) but if you don't mind sharing what weapon you choose please do.

Ive been on the mpc's for 12 years. Got the Maschine a while back didn't feel the work flow so it's a paper weight. But I'm now on the renaissance. I do everything in stand alone then bounce to logic for a mix. Interested to see what you guys use.... :smoker:
By pk1 Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:01 pm
Toothflesh wrote:How did everyone get that background noise out of the sample, couldnt make a decent bass sound out of the sample

I didn't bother to remove record hiss. I just threw on waves max bass behind a low pass. Then in logic I needed a little gain so I dropped the waves "one knob fatter" on it
By 1K Wrekcatch3r Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:47 pm
pk1 wrote:There are some fresh beats in here. This session. At first I liked the sample a lot but after really listening there wasn't much to play with since we couldn't use any other source material. So we mostly made a bunch of tracks that have the same feel to em. Not a bad thing. Thanks for the sample saadyah.
Dan killed it with a break dance set. Or a sound placement for a graph video.
Obi reversed samples where fresh new look at it. Actually the more aggressive track on the list IMO.
Elmar had a real jazzy feal to it.
Saadyah dope high tempo
The unit came with at clean intro nice track man.
So It's a toss for me between obi, Matt, and helli.
Helliphono, the grove is a banger man you just squashed the hell out of it. Really dope track though. Glad to have your style added to these sessions. IMO your sound is straight dmv. This is like a track off "foot in the door" or some ish that DTMD joint.
Props.
Obi your drums are becoming insane. I'm pretty proud of my drum samples and how I conduct them but man your game is insane.
Mattman just came smooth and clean so between those three
Ima have to go MATTMAN this round.

On a side note. I believe in talking to people on forums or the net the same I would speak to their face. Strictly! I expect the same. Internet banging is something little kids with no sence of there own do. (And yes that would be you degenerate POS parents fault) so I took the the beef to the music. No sense in filling this forum with blasphemy. Just old school hip hop beef. This is a battle room! Isn't it? So if any of you felt offended that I dropped the diss on the jingle kid. Not my intention. I'm not one to tolerate ignorance and disrespect. And typing how tuff you are is lame. So I killed him on the track. Now I'll sit back and watch him kill himself. 8)

Big ups to all you heads banging out these tracks. I really enjoy doing this with y'all. It's dope to see the growth of each of you. But something that I've been wondering about when I listen to you guys approach to your track is, what are you doing it on?
I know obi is on the Maschine. ( when you cop that new studio let me know that thing looks bitchin.) but if you don't mind sharing what weapon you choose please do.

Ive been on the mpc's for 12 years. Got the Maschine a while back didn't feel the work flow so it's a paper weight. But I'm now on the renaissance. I do everything in stand alone then bounce to logic for a mix. Interested to see what you guys use.... :smoker:

@pk1- Thanks brother...I appreciate all your compliments and in turn, it's an honor to share my talent with other fellow talented musicians such as yourself and everyone else that subscribes to this forum. Most of us DMV cats emphasize a lot of elements of soul sonically.
My primary aim is to stand by that golden rule myself - "do unto others as you would..etc..etc.";and so on and so forth.

On another note, my weapons of preference are the MPC1k (pretty self-explanatory), and the MPC5k; I bounce back and forth between them. Been on the Mps for about 3 years now. Need to step my game up with the EQing though.
By pk1 Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:57 pm
word up good way to think my man. on your first post in this thread about yourself and voting. i felt same way when i first got here. "why would i vote for the Fo?! hell i wanna vote for myself cause my ish is the iLLy" but this is where we release the ego and let the crowd holler! hell if i could vote for myself id have at least one haha :lol:

good times though