Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

choose your winner

28%
22%
17%
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A
11%
6%
6%
11%
By 1K Wrekcatch3r Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:58 pm
Toothflesh wrote:How did everyone get that background noise out of the sample, couldnt make a decent bass sound out of the sample

Low-pass filters, play with the envelope and Eq according to how you want it to sound. Record basslines in mono. Play with that sound wave, reverse it, play with the effects; most of all, "think!". It can be done and you can do all kind of $h!t with it you just got to do more critical and analytical thinking with that $h!t. MPC-samples.com "EQ: Uncovered" e-book; I'm looking into now..good sh!t to invest your time into bro. Peace

p.s. Any of those ebooks you find there by MPC-Tutor are quite informative pieces of literature..yes I said it "literature"..as much as you may or may not believe it, reading is fundamental in this $h!t here!!!
By Elmar Jestro Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:08 pm
Very good round! Didn't expect as many different approaches on that sample. Props to y'all!

For me it was between mattman and mike-a-veli. Gave it to mattman for using every instrument available from the sample and the feel of the beat (which is great on mikes as well)

Favorited a few others and didn't dislike any of them. All very enjoyable! :smoker: :popcorn:

On Ivorys question: I'm using Maschine mikro as standalone since december last year. Used Reason for a very long time (from 2.5 to 5) and worked mostly with the step sequencing on the drumcomputer, wasn't too much into playing on the controllers I got. So when I moved to Maschine I liked the fact that I was able to use the pads in 2 modes, playing live for raising ideas plus the step sequencing mode.
I don't chop in Maschine though. Do that in WaveLab cause I got the left and right track separated.

Right now I'm thinking about getting one of the older mpcs (1000, 2000xl or 2500) to get rid of the computer while producing.
By bojangles Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:25 pm
Toothflesh wrote:How did everyone get that background noise out of the sample, couldnt make a decent bass sound out of the sample

I'm on the 2500w/jjos and when you record with the pitch shift it really brings out the bass, I did that with the first part if my beat. With the second part I took that bass note from the very beginning, chopped it using the loop function, filtered, and put on 16 levels
By S.I.C.K THE DRUMGOD Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:01 pm
i could vote for myself id have at least one haha :lol:
^^^
could`nt help myself.LOL

+1

I have a SU700
Mophatt
Several other modules and keyboards BUT all my beats are made solely with the 500 as of late.
By Elmar Jestro Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:42 pm
pk1 wrote:

I didn't bother to remove record hiss. I just threw on waves max bass behind a low pass. Then in logic I needed a little gain so I dropped the waves "one knob fatter" on it

Basically the same on my beat: just used the very first sample-note: lowpass filter down to around 380 MHz, compression starting at -13dB plus a limiter. Pitched the root-note one octave up for the second part with the same effects but compression starting at -16dB and a bit more limiting
By Toothflesh Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:19 am
I tried to get that noise out of the first note to with LP filter and 4 Band EQ and it only made that bass tone sound more distorted but got some good tips from yall thanks for that really appreciate it!! .....
By Obi-Dan-Kenobi Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:39 am
I use Maschine Mk2, Laptop and Headphones, nothing else as I had to sell it all this year, not that it did be any good because it was wack equipment. The bass was low pass filter, then eq it, then filter it again, then it really depends what filters we're using, if you haven't heard of it, it's FXspansion Etch. As for my drums, I'm just doing what I used to years ago, laying my own patterns over breaks, I try to make every 4 bars different, I've played with a lot of drummers and they all add their own extra fills hits etc, they get bored. Also getting Tutors live funk kit is a clever move, now I can play my own breaks and layer them, best sample pack out hands down, be nice if someone could run it through an sp1200 though, hint hint!!!!! and yeah Maschine Studio is a no brainer it will be mine!! :-D
By Elmar Jestro Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:40 am
Obi-Dan-Kenobi wrote:and yeah Maschine Studio is a no brainer it will be mine!! :-D

Just got the email-announcement! Looks very promising with the bigger coloured displays, no need for the pc-monitor anymore :-D Will definetely take a closer look at it when it's coming out!
By S.I.C.K THE DRUMGOD Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:05 pm
Elmar Jestro wrote:
Obi-Dan-Kenobi wrote:and yeah Maschine Studio is a no brainer it will be mine!! :-D

Just got the email-announcement! Looks very promising with the bigger coloured displays, no need for the pc-monitor anymore :-D Will definetely take a closer look at it when it's coming out!

^^^^
No audio outs though,not even a headphone jackWTF :Sigh: :WTF:
By Elmar Jestro Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:28 pm
S.I.C.K THE DRUMGOD wrote:^^^^

True, but it's still a computerbased controller and those who need audio outs will have a soundcard for that already. So I think that's not necessarilly a minus.

Same goes for the headphone jack, but it would be pretty handy for the cue-function on the new mixer section though.

Overall the hard- and software promise some reeeeaaal big improvements. For example creating unlimited groups for sounds. On some beats I made in Maschine 1.8 I had some serious trouble getting all my single note chops (+ the manipulated ones) into the 8 available groups.
And the limitation of effects and plug-ins in 1.8 was a pain in the a** for those who like using effect-chains.

Only thing I'm waiting for is some serious tests, because the entire software was programmed from scratch... We all know about the bugs on the ren software :wink:

edit to toothfleshs question: I just open the bb44-project again and realized I used the bass-note starting at around 5,5 seconds instead of the very first note. I seem to get some beer-related dementia :WTF:
By pk1 Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:33 pm
Elmar Jestro wrote:
S.I.C.K THE DRUMGOD wrote:^^^^

True, but it's still a computerbased controller and those who need audio outs will have a soundcard for that already. So I think that's not necessarilly a minus.

Same goes for the headphone jack, but it would be pretty handy for the cue-function on the new mixer section though.

Overall the hard- and software promise some reeeeaaal big improvements. For example creating unlimited groups for sounds. On some beats I made in Maschine 1.8 I had some serious trouble getting all my single note chops (+ the manipulated ones) into the 8 available groups.
And the limitation of effects and plug-ins in 1.8 was a pain in the a** for those who like using effect-chains.

Only thing I'm waiting for is some serious tests, because the entire software was programmed from scratch... We all know about the bugs on the ren software :wink:

edit to toothfleshs question: I just open the bb44-project again and realized I used the bass-note starting at around 5,5 seconds instead of the very first note. I seem to get some beer-related dementia :WTF:

I would only slightly disagree with you E. Your right about the sound card thing but no audio out on a 1000 piece of gear is not good to me. Don't get me wrong I don't mean to start another mpc/Maschine debate. But having the audio on my ren is very very useful. Even with our bugs. I really wish the akai team was as bad ass as those German maschinest! I love my ren. And though I don't like Maschine sequencer it's a pretty bad ass instrument. That new studio screen thing is bonkers. I better hush or we will have Jah over ruining our battle threads.
By mike-a-veli Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:12 pm
what´s up, folks!

had to give it to helliphono! what a nice beat, man!

thanks for the votes and feedback!

what i use:

AKAI MPC 1000
Numark TT1650
Behringer DX626 Mixer
nEar 08 by ESI
M-Audio Keystation 61es
M-Audio Fast Track Pro

and some bullshit notebook

i record in Fruity Loops
and use some Reason -Plug-Ins from time to time