Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By bluedot Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:31 am
Man, late on this one... I had no time to work on this, don't think it's mixed well, and new to the Ren so here goes my first beat. All criticism welcome as I look forward to progression in every way. Thanks for checking it out

Only sounds used are from the Miller break and the 2 songs... last 2 versions in the beat are pitched down, stretched, and chopped and played from the 2nd song and the first part which is what I initially made are from that mancinipolicewoman joint.

By bluedot Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:30 pm
^ thank you, dantuf
I'm eager to learn. I love to see the creativity that people come up with and how different beat makers think when all given the same tools. This speaks to time stretching, pitching, chopping, drum layering, sound processing, etc. I love this sh*t! :popcorn:

On another note, man
I'm all over the place with this lack of organization. lol I have 13 separate programs created from the this battle and a whole slew of sample pieces that I didn't even use. I sure wish there was an easy way to streamline all of this as it has become mad messy. Thank goodness I named a the tracks and sequences as I went along as I suppose that is at least a start. ;)

Any other tips on organizing your samples after you chop loops and make programs that anybody would like to share?

Also, regarding programs anybody care to elaborate on the sample edit page the choice for LINK on or off and after you hit convert the "crop samples" option?

Thank you in advance to all willing to contribute as I greatly appreciate it!
By pk1 Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:22 pm
bluedot wrote:^ thank you, dantuf
I'm eager to learn. I love to see the creativity that people come up with and how different beat makers think when all given the same tools. This speaks to time stretching, pitching, chopping, drum layering, sound processing, etc. I love this sh*t! :popcorn:

On another note, man
I'm all over the place with this lack of organization. lol I have 13 separate programs created from the this battle and a whole slew of sample pieces that I didn't even use. I sure wish there was an easy way to streamline all of this as it has become mad messy. Thank goodness I named a the tracks and sequences as I went along as I suppose that is at least a start. ;)

Any other tips on organizing your samples after you chop loops and make programs that anybody would like to share?

Also, regarding programs anybody care to elaborate on the sample edit page the choice for LINK on or off and after you hit convert the "crop samples" option?

Thank you in advance to all willing to contribute as I greatly appreciate it!

welcome dot. ya i can help a little with how i work the ren. but we should move the work to another thred. this is more of a finish product part of the forum. if youd like we can Skype for a min give you my way of running around the ren. With programs and sample edit screens. then you can start new thred/questions in the renaissance section. so that many of us can bounce things off you together.

holler
the first part of your track is hot. i dig that :nod: