Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

choose your winner

6%
N/A
N/A
N/A
12%
6%
6%
N/A
N/A
41%
18%
N/A
6%
6%
By heggemon Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:22 am
Many cool beats. I vote for Elmar for creating a tense, trippy atmosphere. Close 2nds was Obi dan and perrin & tonic.
By bojangles Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:58 am
I voted for helliphono, joint banged!!!!

mattman's was fresh and so was satiyzadh(sorry about the spelling)
By S.I.C.K THE DRUMGOD Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:51 pm
MESOHORDY!!!!!!!!!

honorable mention:

SAADYAH-------FIRE!!!!!!

MATTMAN-------CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Y`all made something outta nothing.good job to all!!!!
By Perrin&Tonic Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:50 pm
Bojangles wins my vote. I dont know how he got such dynamics without adding any outside sounds. :hmmm: EQ'd, and mixed well. nice job.

Mattman and Helliphono were my runners up. good stuff all around.
By bojangles Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:28 pm
Perrin&Tonic wrote:Bojangles wins my vote. I dont know how he got such dynamics without adding any outside sounds. :hmmm: EQ'd, and mixed well. nice job.

Thanks man!

I think what helped was taking the triplet kick as opposed to the kick on the 2 that I noticed most people did. The triplet kick didn't have all that reverb and tail from the snare on top of it, so once i put some eq and lo-pass filter on it it knocked way harder. I pitched up the snare a little. I put a high pass filter on the cymbals that come end at the end of the open drums. Other than that, not too much. Oh yeah, I can't stress enough how raw battery is.
By Perrin&Tonic Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:39 am
bojangles wrote:
Perrin&Tonic wrote:Bojangles wins my vote. I dont know how he got such dynamics without adding any outside sounds. :hmmm: EQ'd, and mixed well. nice job.

Thanks man!

I think what helped was taking the triplet kick as opposed to the kick on the 2 that I noticed most people did. The triplet kick didn't have all that reverb and tail from the snare on top of it, so once i put some eq and lo-pass filter on it it knocked way harder. I pitched up the snare a little. I put a high pass filter on the cymbals that come end at the end of the open drums. Other than that, not too much. Oh yeah, I can't stress enough how raw battery is.

So you use Battery to manipulate your own drum sounds you import? Huh. I own battery, but never thought to do that. :popcorn:
By bojangles Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:47 am
Perrin&Tonic wrote:
bojangles wrote:

Thanks man!

So you use Battery to manipulate your own drum sounds you import? Huh. I own battery, but never thought to do that. :popcorn:

Yeah, i've never even touched the stock sounds on there. Prolly should, NI usually comes correct with them.
By bluedot Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:44 am
Thanks for sharing some very specific technique info, Bojangles. I'm new at all of this and any/all info from seasoned vets is very welcome. :popcorn: