Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By Obi-Dan-Kenobi Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:18 pm
Battle 47

Battle Objectives:

1: Below is a pack of 5 Acapellas, look at each one, listen to which one grabs your attention, and don't use it, yes DON@T use it, go for the one you don't like and use that one, when you post your beat explain your choice.

2: Outside Drums allowed
Outsidebass allowed
Outside synths BANNED

3: Use all 3 samples layer and blend, make them one

4: You must use the whole acapella it is a remix !!

5: Have FUN !!!!!!!!!!

Acapellas
http://www59.zippyshare.com/v/31509622/file.html

Sample 1
http://www64.zippyshare.com/v/47205124/file.html

Sample 2
http://www30.zippyshare.com/v/33202387/file.html

Sample 3
http://www52.zippyshare.com/v/91377285/file.html
By MFosterUk Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:54 pm
This one gonna be cool
By Elmar Jestro Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:04 pm
Dope objectives Dan!!!

Let's see what I can do within the next week with my yesterday purchased mpc studio... really challenging rules and forcing me to look into many different aspects of the mpc workflow!
By Toothflesh Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:20 pm
Release Yo Delf is my favourite track of all time, I'm happy i have to pick the one i dont like because I could never do that track justice :-D

i hope i can finish this one on time
By MusicSpeaks Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:16 pm
Yoo Nice battle, but i cant open the samples because im missing the .cue files?
Are the samples maybe on YouTube?
By MFosterUk Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:40 pm
the samples should be on youtube theyre all beatles tunes.

p.s i used to live like 10 mins from strawberry feilds and john lennons house!
By Elmar Jestro Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:19 pm
MusicSpeaks wrote:Yoo Nice battle, but i cant open the samples because im missing the .cue files?
Are the samples maybe on YouTube?

Can't you open the .zip-file you downloaded or is the .flac-file it contains your problem?
There are several free zip-programs on the net. To change the .flac-files google "flac to wave converter".
To just listen to Flacs you can use VLC Media PLayer for example if your on a windows pc.
By heggemon Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:33 pm
Am I allowed to make the beat on the mpc and mix it with the acapella on the computer?
By Elmar Jestro Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:05 pm
heggemon wrote:Am I allowed to make the beat on the mpc and mix it with the acapella on the computer?

Yes, that's of course allowed.

First post on the battle FAQ also states you don't even need to use a mpc in your beat :wink: Open to any production environment
By pk1 Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:03 pm
Congrats on the studio purchase elmar. Just don't upgrade to mavericks os yet. I have already made this grave mistake. :WTF:
By S.I.C.K THE DRUMGOD Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:49 pm
I have an all hardware setup.Would anybody care to shed light on how to even attempt to work with whole accapellas??

Load each verse on a pad?
Break the song down into smaller pieces??
How do you find the BPM??

Any knowledge dropped would be appreciated.
By Obi-Dan-Kenobi Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:41 pm
S.I.C.K THE DRUMGOD wrote:I have an all hardware setup.Would anybody care to shed light on how to even attempt to work with whole accapellas??

get the original beat chop it and loop it and find the bpm that way.
By Perrin&Tonic Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:08 pm
S.I.C.K THE DRUMGOD wrote:I have an all hardware setup.Would anybody care to shed light on how to even attempt to work with whole accapellas??

You may have some luck just googlin the artist, track name and then type bpm next to it. bpmdatabase.com has a lot - I just searched for boom biddy, which is listed as 92 BPM. But you gotta test that shit out...it might be like 92.2. If not, let me know which acapella you're gonna use, and I'll see if I can dial in the BPM. What's your setup? some sorta MPC right?