Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By S.I.C.K THE DRUMGOD Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:35 pm
What's your setup? some sorta MPC right?
^^^
yeah Tonic

but don`t kill yourself brovah,I`ve been in a slump/funk as of late.I need a sample from the crates of Odin himself to inspire me.Or some "strange"puss :Sigh:

Nothing like some strange to change one`s perspective. :lol:
By MFosterUk Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:11 pm
im having difficulty making something worth keeping 8)
By HUNGRYMAN Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:03 pm
S.I.C.K THE DRUMGOD wrote:I have an all hardware setup.Would anybody care to shed light on how to even attempt to work with whole accapellas??

Load each verse on a pad?
Break the song down into smaller pieces??
How do you find the BPM??

Any knowledge dropped would be appreciated.

I always use tap tempo. Look up the original track with the rest of the music, play it while hitting the 'tap tempo' button (on beat/quarter notes) on the MPC500. That should get you close. The rest is fine tuning the bpm in (92.x bpm) or time stretching the acapella, which is probably more of a pain in the ass with a long sample.

Also, use the original track for reference, taking note of where certain words/syllables match up on beat. Sometimes the vocals start in on the 4 count instead of the 1. I always take notice of where words/syllables hit on the 1 count (kick) and the 2 and 4 (snares). From there you can adjust the acapella starting point (in milliseconds) in the sequence, then if its on point and falls off later in the song, fine tune the bpm of the whole track. Just keep going back and forth until you get it on time, continuing to reference the original. If you have to, chop the acapella into smaller parts, but sometimes this makes more work for you.

Here's another online tap tempo resource I used for years, when not working in a DAW, sampling and labeling vinyl. http://www.all8.com/tools/bpm.htm
By Perrin&Tonic Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:31 pm
OK, well if anyone decides to convert them to WAV joints, and is willing to upload them or send them to me, please let me know. Or if ODK wants to upload waves...even better :nod: I guess the flac files sound better than waves...is that why you chose that format?

I'd rather not download and install some program I'm only gonna use once.

thx
By dantuf Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:02 pm
Crazy sample pack Obi mayne!!! :wink:
By Chaos Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:04 am
I'm in. I picked "Viktor Vaughn - Raedawn" because I'm old and lame and had no idea who it was until hitting up the Wikipedia. :Sigh:

By MFosterUk Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:54 pm
Chaos wrote:I'm in. I picked "Viktor Vaughn - Raedawn" because I'm old and lame and had no idea who it was until hitting up the Wikipedia. :Sigh:

Boom!! this is big!!
By Kraki Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:58 am
Hi everyone,

here is my explanation for my pick:

I was about to choose the Caveman acapella, because it is very stressful for me to hear it. But sorry, it was getting too annoying after some time and beat making is supposed to be fun for me. :wink:

After that I chose the Doom file, because it was the most tempting one. Hence, my remix does not apply fully to the rules, but trust me, I suffered enough with the other file.

By Obi-Dan-Kenobi Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:38 am
The general Idea I wanted to create was, Imagine having a client come to you and offer you work, you may not like what you have to do, but you may learn something from it, and would you turn the business down when it pays the bills. This was not meant to be easy, this was meant to do your head in completely and push your skills you didn't know about.